All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stress & Issues
02-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Stress & Issues
This is a place where you can release your tension and anything else you want to talk about that's been messing you up or has been on your mind

DEPRESSION
BREAK UP
DIVORCE
ETC.,

[Image: tumblr_lruddxOgoM1qlpcpdo1_500.gif]
From the year 2000 to the present and so on, I have always and forever loved Jesse Abraham Arthur McCartney
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2012, 11:31 AM
RE: Stress & Issues
This is a great idea MIMBE. I was thinking of starting a similiar thread but you beat me to it.

Because of my own personal issues, I have alot of wisdom garnered through experience that I would love to share, if only because I wish someone like me had been available to the 16 year me.

Unfortunately, people my age tend to write teenagers off as rebellious, immature, irresponsible, and rather than help them, judge them and walk away. I'm not that person and I would love to offer up my experience to someone who might be hurting and need it.

I am also a very good listener.

As for me, I have my issues - an illness that has tried to kill me since I was 16 by infecting my mind with bad logic, bad ideas and "morbid introspection" as I've heard it called. That's just a start, but I'll be more open about it in the future, when the time is right.

Thanks for creating this thread. I really hope people use it because I've noticed alot of young people on this board are really suffering and hurting and it bothers me, because I know what it is like to be hurting and suffering and alone. I want to help if I can - even if all I can do is send virtual hugs from cyberspace.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
02-06-2012, 02:41 PM
(02-06-2012 11:09 AM)lashay12 Wrote:  am such a failure i failed my darn first quiz for stats. i might as well just go and drop out of college because am just a stupid dumb loser. i feel like crawling in a hole and just dying right now. am crying right now but hey its not like people care either way. i always been the person that no cares about. i bet when i get run over by a bus tomorrow no one will give a damn. its like certain people on this forum get favored more then others and they really depresses me. its like am the disease on here that people should stay away from. sometimes i wonder why do i even bother at times. am so depress right now that i cant even do my homework now but do people care no? I guess am on my own again but that's fine am used to people not caring. it hurts that when i express my hurt and pain people think that am a villain that is mean to people but am just hurting inside. but its fine though i just die and people wont have to worry about me being mean anymore. so if you want to respond to me don't bother because it be too late then. and its funny that when certain people on this forum are hurting people never label them as being mean but me am mean and rude just because am hurting inside.

People only seem like they're mean because they don't know how much you're hurting inside and outside. They don't know just how beautiful and amazing you really are.

Sometimes you just gotta be upfront with them and tell them how much they really hurt you with their words. I know it's tough, but you need to hang in there and be happy, even when you don't feel like being happy.

Your friends that do love you and care for you want you to be happy. I'm one of them. I want you to find all the success in the world, find someone who truly cares and loves you, and live a perfect life.

I know there's more waiting for you. Just give it time. I promise, things WILL get better.

Once a stone heart shattered and came along a true love so pure and sweet.

"I have the best fans in the world, gay and straight....
A person is a person."- Colton Haynes on his fans.
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2012, 07:46 PM
(02-06-2012 02:41 PM)teamnoelftw. Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 11:09 AM)lashay12 Wrote:  am such a failure i failed my darn first quiz for stats. i might as well just go and drop out of college because am just a stupid dumb loser. i feel like crawling in a hole and just dying right now. am crying right now but hey its not like people care either way. i always been the person that no cares about. i bet when i get run over by a bus tomorrow no one will give a damn. its like certain people on this forum get favored more then others and they really depresses me. its like am the disease on here that people should stay away from. sometimes i wonder why do i even bother at times. am so depress right now that i cant even do my homework now but do people care no? I guess am on my own again but that's fine am used to people not caring. it hurts that when i express my hurt and pain people think that am a villain that is mean to people but am just hurting inside. but its fine though i just die and people wont have to worry about me being mean anymore. so if you want to respond to me don't bother because it be too late then. and its funny that when certain people on this forum are hurting people never label them as being mean but me am mean and rude just because am hurting inside.

People only seem like they're mean because they don't know how much you're hurting inside and outside. They don't know just how beautiful and amazing you really are.

Sometimes you just gotta be upfront with them and tell them how much they really hurt you with their words. I know it's tough, but you need to hang in there and be happy, even when you don't feel like being happy.

Your friends that do love you and care for you want you to be happy. I'm one of them. I want you to find all the success in the world, find someone who truly cares and loves you, and live a perfect life.

I know there's more waiting for you. Just give it time. I promise, things WILL get better.

Good advice and very sweet too, TNftw.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
02-06-2012, 10:53 PM
(02-06-2012 07:46 PM)Fruitfly Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 02:41 PM)teamnoelftw. Wrote:  

Good advice and very sweet too, TNftw.

Thanks, Fruitfly.

Once a stone heart shattered and came along a true love so pure and sweet.

"I have the best fans in the world, gay and straight....
A person is a person."- Colton Haynes on his fans.
02-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:am such a failure i failed my darn first quiz for stats. i might as well just go and drop out of college because am just a stupid dumb loser. i feel like crawling in a hole and just dying right now. am crying right now but hey its not like people care either way. i always been the person that no cares about. i bet when i get run over by a bus tomorrow no one will give a damn. its like certain people on this forum get favored more then others and they really depresses me. its like am the disease on here that people should stay away from. sometimes i wonder why do i even bother at times. am so depress right now that i cant even do my homework now but do people care no? I guess am on my own again but that's fine am used to people not caring. it hurts that when i express my hurt and pain people think that am a villain that is mean to people but am just hurting inside. but its fine though i just die and people wont have to worry about me being mean anymore. so if you want to respond to me don't bother because it be too late then. and its funny that when certain people on this forum are hurting people never label them as being mean but me am mean and rude just because am hurting inside.

I'm new to this forum well not new because I was on here years ago but I just signed on a couple days ago. your not alone people feel the same way. I dont stress out much but when I do I'm the kind of person to just keep it all in and thats not good because about a year ago I was so stressed out with working 2 jobs that I got a really bad pain in my left back side and so I went to the doctor and I found out that I had Shingles. and its a virous thats in your body after you get the chicken pox and it just stays in your body but its caused by stress and I ended up getting it because I was stressed. and its one of those injurys that doesnt go away in a week or so I still get pain here and there in my back. and I only 23 and it happens to older people I got it at a young age so now when I do get stressed out I try to talk about it with someone. what Im saying is that if your holding all the stress in and you dont tell someone how you feel you might end up what I got and let me tell you the pain is bad. I'm a really good listener so if any of you want to talk I'm here. people would notice you if something happened to you just you saying that really hit me that you would think know one cared if something happened to you. I dont know you well but I would miss you because you seem like a nice person. like I said if you need anyone to talk too I'm here. also my name is Samie so if any of you want to talk you can always pm me if you dont want to talk on the thread. just hang in there and everything will get better I believe it will get better.

[Image: 3523ccz.gif]
Signature Made by Michelle thanks so much I just love it
02-08-2012, 04:59 PM
I feel like i have depression or something. I'm overly emotional about EVERYTHING. I cry easily and I'm always sad and basically never happy. I try to cheer up and smile and be happy and laugh and have a good time. but I can't.. Sad

Idk, i might just be being dumb or something.

i PSEO full time, and i think it's taking a toll on me. I odn't feel motivated to do ANYTHING at all! I feel so hopeless, and i feel like i can't even understand anything and everything is so hard for me.

My life is completely filled with pure bliss. <3
02-09-2012, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2012 12:56 AM by Stephanie.)

Since most of that was about me I'll just reply to this. You're not alone. I failed a big test today in A&P and I got a school parking ticket for no reason, not 5 minutes after failing the test. Even people like me who according to you "seem" have a perfect life, really don't. We all have bad days and realizations that we have to face about school, family, career whatever it is. No matter who you are things are crappy and life sometimes sucks. Killing yourself or saying you will doesn't help. Nothing helps except keeping ur head up and showing people that despite all the pain you aren't going to give in. I know you pretty much hate me Lashay and it's obvious you won't read this but I just wanted you to know that there is someone else in ur situation and it will be okay.
02-09-2012, 12:09 PM
(02-09-2012 12:56 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  

Since most of that was about me I'll just reply to this. You're not alone. I failed a big test today in A&P and I got a school parking ticket for no reason, not 5 minutes after failing the test. Even people like me who according to you "seem" have a perfect life, really don't. We all have bad days and realizations that we have to face about school, family, career whatever it is. No matter who you are things are crappy and life sometimes sucks. Killing yourself or saying you will doesn't help. Nothing helps except keeping ur head up and showing people that despite all the pain you aren't going to give in. I know you pretty much hate me Lashay and it's obvious you won't read this but I just wanted you to know that there is someone else in ur situation and it will be okay.

Lashay, the important thing to realize is that how we feel does not always coincide with the truth of our circumstances. Depression, especially colors our perception. But we can choose to stay where we are, depressed and hopeless, or we can choose to get help to overcome our depression. All it takes is a phone call or a conversation with someone who can help us get help.

There's a saying in Alcoholics Anonymous: "we aren't responsible for our disease; we are responsible for our recovery." Similiarly, we aren't responsible for our depression; we are responsible for our recovery. You have to take the first step.

02-11-2012, 04:50 PM
(02-11-2012 04:46 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 12:56 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  

thank you stephanie that meant a lot coming from you. i know we had our difference in the past but i don't hate you. i never did i was just upset because i thought no one cared. But you are right talking about suicide doesn't help matters. i try to be happy despite of my issues and occasional sadness. And things will be okay with you as well too.Big Grin

You're very welcome :]