All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rants.
06-03-2012, 01:12 PM
RE: Rants.
People who are religious who decide to force there religion on me, example saying that god is watching and going to punish me for having an opinion and for the way I act.

I have been christened. I am technically a Church of England.... Protestant...I think? I went to church from the age of 5-11. Hated it.

My reasoning, they (people) tell you from an early age that Santa, easter bunny tooth fairy is real, and even fake proof to make you believe it's real. Then you find out it's all a lie and they made it up.

With Christianity they have a book,which is meant to be the word of god, the book has been translated and rewritten many times, how do we know that the book is reliable?

Sorry if this offends anyone,but I don't see why people can tell me that god will punish me or whatever when I don't believe in god. I have a right not to believe just as they have a right to believe. I usually have a great respect for people who are religious it just really annoys me when people try to force there beliefs on me.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2012, 03:53 PM
(06-03-2012 01:12 PM)Londonlipton Wrote:  People who are religious who decide to force there religion on me, example saying that god is watching and going to punish me for having an opinion and for the way I act.

I have been christened. I am technically a Church of England.... Protestant...I think? I went to church from the age of 5-11. Hated it.

My reasoning, they (people) tell you from an early age that Santa, easter bunny tooth fairy is real, and even fake proof to make you believe it's real. Then you find out it's all a lie and they made it up.

With Christianity they have a book,which is meant to be the word of god, the book has been translated and rewritten many times, how do we know that the book is reliable?

Sorry if this offends anyone,but I don't see why people can tell me that god will punish me or whatever when I don't believe in god. I have a right not to believe just as they have a right to believe. I usually have a great respect for people who are religious it just really annoys me when people try to force there beliefs on me.

I'm a religious person but I get what you mean. Relgion is there for you to have someone to talk to,something tha is always there for you,if you wanna believe in God or a higher power than that is your own personal decision but there is no reason to shove it down people's throats or tell people their sinning or whatever..I hate that!

[Image: cwLUJXCkxfi_7758966.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
06-03-2012, 05:17 PM
(06-03-2012 01:12 PM)Londonlipton Wrote:  People who are religious who decide to force there religion on me, example saying that god is watching and going to punish me for having an opinion and for the way I act.

The reason the Bible is reliable is because it's got the most "original" copies of any religions book of all time so it's believed to be true. I kinda forget how the pastor at the old church I went to explained it but I know sometimes it's hard to understand. For me I just have faith and so far I'm still around and things seem to be going well for me every time I pray so for me I'm a christian for those reasons. I just have a feeling it's right and that's what matters to me.

But I get what you're saying. I HATE that in HS I had two friends that were "friends" but didn't actually get along. One was a pastor's daughter and the other was a Jahova's Witness. They would fight and the JW would try to convert me to her religion while in school. I hated it and it made me feel really odd so I try my best to spread what I believe...but never in a way that makes others feel odd. I hate feeling that way I'd never put that on another person.

Here's a story though. Lately I've been feeling odd whenever I go to church like everyone is watching my bf and I when we're there EVEN though it's a very forgiving place and not at all strict or weird. I just feel odd because we didn't want until marriage....to do the deed lol. I feel weird about it sometimes but the thing is yes I sinned but I love my bf and we have always wanted to get married it's just timing and everything. Nobody I talk to condemns me but at the same time I feel like I'm not a "good" anymore. I waited honestly for God to cause horrible things to happen in my life because of it but honestly, I've had more blessings this past year than ever before. So to me, if God hasn't abandoned me and told me I'm hopeless....then I can't help but believe in him more and more.

undefined
06-06-2012, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 12:18 PM by Tiffanyloveszac2012.)
i give up i just accept the way things are. its nothing i can do to change it. it is what it is. am down in the dumbs today. i swear i have no energy to even fight anymore.
06-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Very scared. I need to pass both finals to maybe get a decent grade that's passing (80%=B-) for A&P1. AHHHH this weekend I'm all about the studying or else I'll be retaking this class for a THIRD TIME!

undefined
06-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Good Luck Stephanie!
06-11-2012, 01:00 AM
(06-11-2012 12:38 AM)Firefly Wrote:  Good Luck Stephanie!

Thanks. Physiology final tomorrow. Got the study guide done but I don't feel anywhere prepared so it's freaking me out. Gonna study more before bed.

undefined
06-11-2012, 01:09 AM
i hope u do really well on it!
06-12-2012, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012 02:37 AM by Stephanie.)
I have had the worst few days than I have in a long time for TWO reasons. I'll list them in parts.

Part 1:
My cousin had this bf she supposedly broke up with Friday night.
She came to my house and was saying how happy she was to be rid of him.
So when she posted a FB status saying she wasn't with him I'd said in SUPPORT of her, since she claimed at my house that she hated him,
"You focus on yourself and don't let stupid boys get in the way. This is your time after graduation to have fun."

Well, guess my aunt and my cousin's ex bf decided they didn't like it and apparently my cousin decided she wanted to start a fight too because they went off on me and my cousin denied she ever hated her ex bf and started calling me and my sister a couple of liars and that we're disrespectful of her ex bf.

My sister started to defend me and all that ended up happening is that my aunt started saying demeaning things to my sister and I for no reason and my cousin called me an F-ing B and then uninvited my sister and I to her graduation next Monday. My mom got involved and so did my grandma. My sister's friends did as well and one of my sister's friends happens to be my bf's cousin.

SO my bf went off on my aunt and cousin and said so much that they were all dumbstruck and couldn't find a comeback. You don't mess with my bf's cousins haha.

Part 2:

While all of this is going on, the rest of my extended family is all taking sides and talking and most of them HATE me so they are of course taking my aunt's side even though my aunt is clinically insane. We all know it she just refuses to get help. I think she might have quite a few mental illnesses but one of them is Bipolar disorder I think. Anyway beside the point.

So while I'm battling with my own family, my bf's MOM...HIS FREAKING MOM who I've met once, decided to jump in and tell me that I shouldn't post anything on fb and that I should be more respectful or something along those lines.

Ohhh well my mom and sister didn't like that and I started crying to my bf so while my sister and mom were telling his mom to stay out of our business since she has no idea what was going on, my bf called his mom and told her to just stop making comments towards me and to just stop because she is humiliating him and herself as well. (Which btw I might have understood had she known me, known the situation and lived here with us. She's in FREAKING GEORGIA so she has no idea what's going on. Just wanted to pick at me.) She got all upset and started trying to make my bf feel sorry for her which didn't work because she was in the wrong. She claims I was talking about her family WHEN I WASN'T. I mentioned in my status that I wasn't a Rookie at family drama after dealing with my bf's family. (Idk if anyone on here knew about my bf's crazy crazy aunt and cousins who turned his entire family against me but that's the old story. We're not talking to that aunt or that section of his family anymore and things WERE better.)

So his mom deleted her comment and I thought all was well. NOT.
I get on two hrs later and see that his mom has deleted me from her fb.
That I'm hurt about because I've been trying to make this lady like me for a 1 1/2 now and nothing seems to help. I've ignored his mom, I've been friendly, I've been hospitable, we took her out to dinner to Applebees where she criticized me the entire time AND STILL paid for her. I took my Christmas break to take her places with my bf and she still had nothing nice to say. His aunts have been working on giving her nice thoughts about me. They have even gone as far as tonight asking me to give them some ideas of how the other aunt lied to his mom about me so maybe she'll see reason.

NOPE his mom hates me and deleted me and doesn't care. BUT she still has me on her fb as her profile page with my bf and his little brother. I feel really creeped out that she'd delete me from her fb and keep my pic. I hope she changes it soon. I relayed all of this on FB in an email to my favorite aunt of his. She'll read it soon and I'll see what she says.

Point is in a recap:

My aunt is crazy laterally

My cousin and her ex bf are a couple little idiots willing to start drama.

The rest of my family who hates me and took their side are idiots too because they are too afraid to stand up to my psycho aunt.

My bf's mom HATES me for no reason except that I took her son away and after a yr and a half still won't accept me and when you tell her she's wrong she deletes you like an 8th grader who hasn't gone through puberty.

His family now has all the leverage to hate me too.

Everyone except for my bf and my immediate family, my grandma and MAYBE a couple of my bf's aunts, hate me. Like LITERALLY everyone but those few people hate me. Mind you, I'm not a mean person nor did anything I've said so far been rude. I didn't even speak to my bf's mom, she just decided she wanted to delete me.

AND to top it all off, my lab partner in A&P1 hates me now, some chick in my class fell to the floor and passed out today right before our test, AND I'm freaking out about my last final that I need to do well on or I won't pass the class. My bf's crazy aunt and HIS crazy cousin are still at it trying to make my life a complete hellhole! NOT to mention I just got through a horrible fight with my bf Saturday! THIS is my life and I'm tired of it.

Not to brag, but I don't think anyone can top this one right now. Not unless your really sick or have had a death of the family....that would honestly be the only way someone could top this and I HOPE nobody can cause that'd be so sad.

SO please guys, I beg of you....I'm sorry if my moderator duties are slacking a little. I just don't have the energy to even look at another thread for at least a few days :[ I just wanna go cry. I've never had so many people hate me at one time that it makes me wonder if maybe I really am just a horrible person and I don't deserve to have all that I do. I am honestly REALLY angry with God right now. I asked and prayed that things would be okay but this is what has happened.

and to add more to this yet again. MY UNCLE has now decided to tell me off on fb too about how I shouldn't be writing my statuses about not happy stuff and complaining. I told him to either freaking GET HIS FACTS straight or get off my facebook because I'm not in the mood to deal with his crap or anyone elses. I think he's drunk though because he deleted his weird comment and replaced it with THE SAME ONE only put some slurred "jeeeez" on the end.

Did I mention I HATE MY FAMILY!

undefined
06-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Families suck big time Steph.

Big hugs.

It will all blow over eventually. Trust me, my family is full of people like your cousin and aunt. They will eventually call you up or whatever and be like nothing has ever happened.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user