All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
2012 The Year Of Zac!!!
01-14-2012, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2012 10:59 AM by d. b. wilyumz.)
RE: 2012 The Year Of Zac!!!
(01-14-2012 07:49 AM)Fruitfly Wrote:  I will be barfing right and left, but Zac' muscular bod in black undewear will more than compensate for those nauseous moments, lol.

The boxers diving scene won't do much for me, but I can see how it would get you randy wenches breathing into a paper bag. I just hope there are enough of you to make this movie a box office success.
(01-13-2012 12:15 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  I think all these projects are going to show Zac's range of acting abilities.

In regards to The Lucky One, I mean look at Channing Tatum and Ryan Gosling who were both in Nicholas Sparks movies. Guys may have not liked them then, but look at the projects they're doing now and now a lot of guys do like them more so with Channing Tatum than Ryan Gosling.

Well of course, any movie can showcase Zac's talents (and other assets). But I'm down on my knees morning and night, praying that this movie also makes some money. Hollywood's attitude is "What have you done for me lately?" The fact that HSM3 and 17 Again made oodles of money doesn't count for much when they are followed by three financial duds. The world is full of good actors; Zac needs another hit to show that he's bankable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2012, 01:38 PM
As much of some people don't think TLO will do well financially, I think it will. I mean if you have people talking about the movie now, then when people finally start seeing previews on tv and promo starts, then I think that's just going to create a bigger interest.

But The Lorax and The Paperboy are the two that probably won't be "financial duds". Obviously The Lorax doesn't do much since it is animated, but I still think that will be a financially successful movie.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2012, 12:00 PM
(01-14-2012 01:38 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  As much of some people don't think TLO will do well financially, I think it will. I mean if you have people talking about the movie now, then when people finally start seeing previews on tv and promo starts, then I think that's just going to create a bigger interest.

But The Lorax and The Paperboy are the two that probably won't be "financial duds". Obviously The Lorax doesn't do much since it is animated, but I still think that will be a financially successful movie.

I don't know regarding TLO. I've never paid any attention to romantic dramas, so I have no feeling for what might do well, or not. It has Warner Brothers behind it, and that's something, and the Nicholas Sparks name seems to be worth something too. But so far, dramas featuring Zac as the only draw haven't done well (M&OW, no distributor; CStC, fifth at the box office on opening weekend). I'm just hoping that TLO will be at least number two or three on opening weekend and that it earns back its cost and a little profit. Then we can relax and wait for Paperboy to blow everyone's socks off.
01-15-2012, 01:45 PM
M&OW may not have had a distributor, but didn't critics really like that movie? So then it may not have been a box office hit, but it showed people Zac can act. I like these type of movies, so that's why I'm more inclined to follow what is going on with TLO. But I agree with you on what you said about The Paperboy.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-16-2012, 10:41 AM
(01-15-2012 01:45 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  M&OW may not have had a distributor, but didn't critics really like that movie? So then it may not have been a box office hit, but it showed people Zac can act. I like these type of movies, so that's why I'm more inclined to follow what is going on with TLO. But I agree with you on what you said about The Paperboy.

Critical response from the film festivals and the selective theatrical release was generally good, and in particular several reviewers said "Hey, that High School Musical guy can actually act." So yes, it did Zac some good professionally. The problem was that so few saw it or reviewed it. So Zac scored points with people in the business but didn't gain much public recognition (except later, when it played on the cable movie channels).
01-17-2012, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2012 07:30 PM by elle1234.)
Zac's success in this business is also dependent upon his fan base and popularity![Image: normal002ec.jpg]
By elle12345 at 2012-01-13
(01-17-2012 07:27 PM)elle1234 Wrote:  Zac's success in this business is also dependent upon his fan base and popularity![Image: normal002ec.jpg]
By elle12345 at 2012-01-13
Ladies come on take a look he is one awesome actor and so good-looking!

With God all things are possible!
01-18-2012, 10:26 AM
(01-17-2012 07:27 PM)elle1234 Wrote:  Zac's success in this business is also dependent upon his fan base and popularity

True, but it's both a blessing and a curse. Without High School Musical, he's still be one of about 800 young male actors looking for his next job. His HSM stardom produced all his later opportunities. But, at the same time, he has spent the last several years trying to move beyond his rep as a Disney star and teen heartthrob.

Unfortunately, while the fan base is large and loyal (got him a People's Choice Award last year), it's not large enough or loyal enough to pack the theaters for his non-HSM movies.
01-18-2012, 01:06 PM
(01-18-2012 10:26 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(01-17-2012 07:27 PM)elle1234 Wrote:  Zac's success in this business is also dependent upon his fan base and popularity

True, but it's both a blessing and a curse. Without High School Musical, he's still be one of about 800 young male actors looking for his next job. His HSM stardom produced all his later opportunities. But, at the same time, he has spent the last several years trying to move beyond his rep as a Disney star and teen heartthrob.

Unfortunately, while the fan base is large and loyal (got him a People's Choice Award last year), it's not large enough or loyal enough to pack the theaters for his non-HSM movies.
He is so much more than HSM-he's one awesome actor and there has to be a way to get him noticed-Is there any way THE LUCKY ONE could be that film?

01-20-2012, 12:17 PM
(01-18-2012 01:06 PM)elle1234 Wrote:  He is so much more than HSM-he's one awesome actor and there has to be a way to get him noticed-Is there any way THE LUCKY ONE could be that film?

Probably not. TLO is a chick flick, so I doubt that many reviewers will take it seriously. Zac has already been noticed by his female audience, so no help there. He needs a decent hit that appeals to a male audience, and the only guys who will see TLO are the ones who are dragged to it by their girlfriends. The Paperboy and the Untitled Bahrani Project may broaden his audience and will get serious reviews. But the planned raunchy comedy with Seth Rogen may be the movie that finally puts Zac out there.
01-21-2012, 08:46 PM
(01-20-2012 12:17 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(01-18-2012 01:06 PM)elle1234 Wrote:  He is so much more than HSM-he's one awesome actor and there has to be a way to get him noticed-Is there any way THE LUCKY ONE could be that film?

Probably not. TLO is a chick flick, so I doubt that many reviewers will take it seriously. Zac has already been noticed by his female audience, so no help there. He needs a decent hit that appeals to a male audience, and the only guys who will see TLO are the ones who are dragged to it by their girlfriends. The Paperboy and the Untitled Bahrani Project may broaden his audience and will get serious reviews. But the planned raunchy comedy with Seth Rogen may be the movie that finally puts Zac out there.

He works so hard and does a great with every movie he makes-he deserves to be noticed.