All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
At Any Price
01-07-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: Heartland
See, this kind of thing upsets me. I'm a big fan of indie films -Jeremy Sisto's best movies are his Sundance flicks etc - but instead of getting the opporunity to see Zac in an indie film, I get to see him in The Lucky One.

Do you know if or when Heartland or Liberal Arts will be released to DVD?

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2012, 08:20 PM
i hope soon!
Find all posts by this user
01-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Indiewire.com: Sundance Picks & More:
The Playlist's Most Anticipated Indie Films Of 2012

"Untitled Ramin Bahrani Project"

Synopsis: A farmer plans to expand his business, but his racing driver son has no desire to follow in his father's footsteps.

What You Need To Know: If there's a stranger combination on this list than Iranian-American Ramin Bahrani -- favorite of Roger Ebert and helmer of lovely, delicate humanistic pictures normally focusing on immigrants -- and Zac Efron, star of the "High School Musical" series, then we haven't been paying enough attention. After the acclaimed likes of "Goodbye Solo" and "Man Push Cart," Bahrani is dancing with recognizable names this time out, with Efron, Dennis Quaid, Heather Graham, Clancy Brown and Kim Dickens, although the "Days of Heaven"-esque subject matter suggests he's not fallen too far from his usual concerns. While we ordinarily wouldn't rush to see something starring Quaid, Efron and Graham, we're fascinated to see if Bahrani can work his magic on his performers, and cross over to a wider audience while he's at it.

When? Bahrani's a favorite at Venice, so that's our top guess, but "Chop Shop" debuted at Cannes, so the film shouldn't be ruled out from participating there instead.
01-13-2012, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2012 12:52 PM by mirandagirl.)
Hopefully critics take note of Zac in this movie and realize how good of an actor he is.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
01-14-2012, 10:33 AM
(01-13-2012 02:39 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  Hopefully critics take not of Zac in this movie and realize how good of an actor he is.

Hopefully he gives a good performance in this; you never know, what with an off-center director calling the shots. Zac says he likes the thrill of doing projects that have the risk of failure. Screening at Venice or Cannes will certainly attract critical attention.
01-14-2012, 01:32 PM
(01-14-2012 10:33 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(01-13-2012 02:39 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  Hopefully critics take not of Zac in this movie and realize how good of an actor he is.

Hopefully he gives a good performance in this; you never know, what with an off-center director calling the shots. Zac says he likes the thrill of doing projects that have the risk of failure. Screening at Venice or Cannes will certainly attract critical attention.

Yeah, but didn't Zac mention that he likes working with those type of directors? Or did I imagine that?

{c} michelle.
01-15-2012, 11:40 AM
(01-14-2012 01:32 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  
(01-14-2012 10:33 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  

Yeah, but didn't Zac mention that he likes working with those type of directors? Or did I imagine that?

I don't know about working with risky directors, but he said as far back as Hairspray that one of the reasons he wanted that part was because that movie could have been a total flop and he was excited by that kind of risk.
01-15-2012, 05:05 PM
i cant wait to see zac as a racecar driver lol
01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
I wish we knew more about this project and how far into post-production it is.

{c} michelle.
01-17-2012, 10:33 AM
(01-16-2012 05:42 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  I wish we knew more about this project and how far into post-production it is.

If it shows at Cannes, it has to be ready by May 16.