All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
At Any Price
08-07-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: At Any Price
When will this be out-where we can actually see it?

With God all things are possible!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 10:12 AM
(08-07-2012 05:51 PM)elle1234 Wrote:  When will this be out-where we can actually see it?

Gotta wait for the news. It just acquired a distributor, and they need to work out their release timing and strategy.
08-08-2012, 10:43 AM
(08-08-2012 10:12 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(08-07-2012 05:51 PM)elle1234 Wrote:  When will this be out-where we can actually see it?

Gotta wait for the news. It just acquired a distributor, and they need to work out their release timing and strategy.

If it is received well at Vencie and TIFF, it could possibly be released this year if they want to be in the running for awards. I think we're not going to know anything for sure til at least after Venice.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2012, 10:42 PM
At Any Price will have a Special Presentation at the Toronto Film Festival, in addition to a screening of The Paperboy. That means Zac will have TWO films at Toronto.

Here's the TIFF blurb:

At Any Price – Special Presentation

Zac Efron, Dennis Quaid and Heather Graham star in this drama from acclaimed director Ramin Bahrani (Chop Shop, Goodbye Solo), about a rebellious son whose dreams of becoming a professional race-car driver are derailed when his father's farming empire becomes the target of a high-stakes investigation.
08-14-2012, 10:52 PM
I already posted about 'At Any Price' going to TIFF.

But 2 films there is really good.

{c} michelle.
08-21-2012, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2012 07:31 PM by mirandagirl.)
Venice schedule for At Any Price

Quote:31 August

7:30 p.m. SALA GRANDE
VENEZIA 69
AT ANY PRICE by Ramin Bahrani (USA, 105', language: English, s/t Italian) cast: Dennis Quaid, Zac Efron, Kim Dickens, Heather Graham

8:00 p.m. PALABIENNALE
VENEZIA 69
AT ANY PRICE by Ramin Bahrani (USA, 105’, language: English, s/t Italian) cast: Dennis Quaid, Zac Efron, Kim Dickens, Heather Graham

Source
TIFF schedule for At Any Price

Quote:Sunday, September 9
Princess of Wales
10:00 PM

Monday, September 10
Ryerson Theatre
12:00 PM

Programmer's Note

Quote:The ongoing urbanization of populations everywhere, alongside the industrialization and financial difficulties of farming, have become mainstays in the news. At Any Price, the latest film from the highly acclaimed U.S. filmmaker Ramin Bahrani — who Roger Ebert named "the director of the decade" — takes these social phenomena and draws from them a very personal and timeless story about fathers and sons and the difficulty of accepting change.

Midwestern seed farmer Henry Whipple (Dennis Quaid), the now middle-aged son of a brusque, unforgiving old patriarch (Red West), wants nothing more in the world than to have his son Dean (Zac Efron) take over the family business. But Dean has other plans. Not one for the patience-testing, decidedly unglorious life of a farmer, he dreams of a career as a race-car driver. Henry, however, is so preoccupied with living up to the weighty expectations placed upon him that he remains oblivious to the situation before his eyes — a son trying to find an escape route, and a wife (Kim Dickens) desperately trying to hold onto her husband's attention and affection. His already fraught home life — teeming with unspoken tensions and accusations-reaches a boiling point when Henry's operation comes under investigation.

Set in the heartland of America, At Any Price dispels many of the antiquated myths around farming, revealing the fierce competitiveness of the industry. Meanwhile, Dean's pursuit of racing yields some white-knuckle sequences at the track. The casting is inspired, offering Quaid the role of a lifetime, vaulting Efron out of teen-heartthrob roles, and allowing for memorable supporting turns from Heather Graham and West, previously seen in Bahrani's Goodbye Solo.

The Festival is proud to have shown nearly all of Bahrani's films, not only because they are each so compelling and well-crafted, but because each work feels like a dynamic move forward in his evolution as a major storyteller. We look forward to whatever comes next, and in the meantime we are eager to share with you this thoughtful and moving tale of family, industry and ambition.

Source

{c} michelle.
08-22-2012, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2012 12:06 PM by d. b. wilyumz.)
(08-21-2012 07:30 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  ...vaulting Efron out of teen-heartthrob roles...

Source

I liked that part.

Can't make it to Venice, but if I took an 8 a.m. flight to Toronto I could catch the noon screening of AAP, then catch a 4 p.m. return flight and be home in time to watch my prime-time TV shows.

Not going to do it of course. Besides, what I would really want to see in Toronto (besides Zac Efron, of course) is The Paperboy. I gotta see that movie!

The best promo Zac could do for The Paperboy is walk the red carpet in Toronto in his underwear. That would get shown on Entertainment Tonight, TMZ, and all over the Internet. And Calvin Klein would pay all his travel expenses.
08-22-2012, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2012 04:58 PM by mirandagirl.)
Some band called Wizard Smoke posted on FB that their song is going to be in At Any Price

[Image: FV7qO.png]

You can listen to the song here

Source
Also just in case anyone is wondering what type of movie this will be like, here are some trailers for Ramin Bahrani's other movies he has done. So maybe we can get a feel for how At Any Price will be since that's who the director is.

Chop Shop trailer

Man Push Cart trailer

Goodbye Solo trailer

You can watch his short film Plastic Bag here

{c} michelle.
08-24-2012, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2012 07:45 AM by MARGARETL.)
I Can Not Wait To See The Reviews For This Movie From The Two Film Festivals. I Pray That Zac Will Attend.Heart
08-24-2012, 08:22 PM
They're showing a clip from At Any Price on E!News tonight at 11/10c PM

{c} michelle.