All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Paperboy
08-07-2012, 01:37 AM
RE: The Paperboy
Yeah I am really excited about this movie also. It looks so intense and also Zac's darkest movie yet but its great I cant wait to see how he does in this movie.

[Image: 3523ccz.gif]
Signature Made by Michelle thanks so much I just love it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2012, 09:44 AM
It's a different character and type of movie for him, so I'm excited.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2012, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 05:23 PM by elle1234.)
does the movie follow the storyline in the book or are there changes.The book was awesome-Im anxious to see what they did with the movie!

With God all things are possible!
08-08-2012, 10:40 AM
I don't think there are major changes from the book in the movie. Minor changes, but nothing drastic.

{c} michelle.
08-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Good to hear that there are only minor changes to the storyline-it looks like a rather intense movie-Im anxious to see how Zac played the character of Jack James!!!!!

08-14-2012, 10:39 PM
The Paperboy will be playing at the Toronto Film Festival in early September. See also the item under At Any Price. Here's the TIFF blurb:

The Paperboy
Lee Daniels, USA North American Premiere

A chilling sex-and-race-charged film noir, The Paperboy takes audiences deep into the backwaters of steamy 1960s South Florida, as investigative reporter Ward Jansen and his partner Yardley Acheman chase a sensational, career-making story with the help of Ward’s younger brother Jack and sultry death-row groupie Charlotte Bless. Starring Matthew McConaughey, Nicole Kidman, John Cusack, David Oyelowo and Zac Efron.
08-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Yay! 2 movies at TIFF for Zac even if At Any Price will probably be better for him.

{c} michelle.
08-18-2012, 11:27 PM
The August 20 issue of Time magazine included a nice plug for The Paperboy in its Fall Arts Preview, page 52. Here's the text, which appeared with a slutty picture of Nicole Kidman:

"Returning to his Florida hometown in the 1960s to solve a murder case, a star reporter (Matthew McConaughey) finds that no secret is too dirty, no sex too kinky, to be exposed in a Southern gothic melodrama. In his first film since Precious, director Lee Daniels assembles a distinguished cast - including Nicole Kidman, John Cusack, Scott Glenn and, as McConaughey's younger brother, Zac Efron - for a sub-Faulknerian wallow so lurid, it earned boos and a few cheers from the Cannes critics."

So, now Zac's considered "distinguished" by Time magazine. Woohoo.
08-19-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm happy for the distinguished thing for Zac. It's a step in the right direction. Now just hoping for good things from At Any Price.

{c} michelle.
08-19-2012, 03:40 PM
(08-18-2012 11:27 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  The August 20 issue of Time magazine included a nice plug for The Paperboy in its Fall Arts Preview, page 52. Here's the text, which appeared with a slutty picture of Nicole Kidman:

"Returning to his Florida hometown in the 1960s to solve a murder case, a star reporter (Matthew McConaughey) finds that no secret is too dirty, no sex too kinky, to be exposed in a Southern gothic melodrama. In his first film since Precious, director Lee Daniels assembles a distinguished cast - including Nicole Kidman, John Cusack, Scott Glenn and, as McConaughey's younger brother, Zac Efron - for a sub-Faulknerian wallow so lurid, it earned boos and a few cheers from the Cannes critics."

So, now Zac's considered "distinguished" by Time magazine. Woohoo.
QUITE a review_WOW!!!!!