All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
Charlie St. Cloud
01-11-2012, 08:04 PM
RE: Charlie St. Cloud
I thought she did
because like in the last scene she's talking about the dreams she remembers about them
and charlie said that they're really memories
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2012, 10:58 AM
(01-11-2012 08:04 PM)Firefly Wrote:  I thought she did
because like in the last scene she's talking about the dreams she remembers about them
and charlie said that they're really memories

Because she was alive, she received vague "memories" from her apparition. Kind of like when identical twins say they know when something happens to the other one.
01-12-2012, 04:07 PM
she was alive though but she was passed out soo yeah dreams she had but memories with him

[Image: 28lqi4g.jpg]
Natsu Dragneel The Dragon Slayer from Fairy Tail Blush

the only anime male hottie that can suit rosy pink hair and be a total badass
01-13-2012, 11:35 AM
What was your favorite scene in the movie?

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-13-2012, 12:42 PM
My favorite is when Tess first walks up and he's looking down all shy...eyes are just gorgeous when he's looking at her. Then expression when guy says "a little permiscuous about the Red Dog waitress and Zac's still thinking of Tess ..What?
I love his innocence..big contrast to what comes at the end...strong, sexy..determined
01-13-2012, 12:56 PM
As cliche as this sounds, my favorite scene is Zac's favorite scene. The scene where Charlie and Sam are "surfing" on the trash can lids in the rain. I guess that's just a cute scene.

{c} michelle.
01-13-2012, 05:33 PM
my fav bit is when him and sam were playing in the rain XD and LMFAO when charlie got hit i feel so bad for Zac he always gets hit there

[Image: 28lqi4g.jpg]
Natsu Dragneel The Dragon Slayer from Fairy Tail Blush

the only anime male hottie that can suit rosy pink hair and be a total badass
01-13-2012, 06:50 PM
My favorite scene is when he punched the dude in the bar. It was such an alpha male moment for him, and that punch was so fast! It made me all soft and gushy on the inside, alot more than the icky, icky graveyard scene.

And yes, I also like that moment when he and his little bro are surfing on the garbage cans.

But the appearance of his bro begs the question as to what extent all of this is produced by and in his imagination, as part of post-traumatic stress disorder. Did some research on PTSD to write the Jake / Mikey chapter, and discovered "seeing" the dead person is not out of the question. What brings into question whether Jake's Mikey dream is just a dream or actual contact with the dead is Jake's visionary status, while in the movie the ambiguity is achieved by the appearance of the brother - leaving the audience to wonder whether they are seeing the ghost through Charlie's eyes, or whether it is objectively there (since no one else sees it, you really begin to wonder.)

There's no evidence to suggest Charlie is a visionary - until Tess, and that's when the plot starts to lose cohesion.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
01-13-2012, 10:13 PM
(01-13-2012 06:50 PM)Fruitfly Wrote:  My favorite scene is when he punched the dude in the bar. It was such an alpha male moment for him, and that punch was so fast! It made me all soft and gushy on the inside, alot more than the icky, icky graveyard scene.

And yes, I also like that moment when he and his little bro are surfing on the garbage cans.

But the appearance of his bro begs the question as to what extent all of this is produced by and in his imagination, as part of post-traumatic stress disorder. Did some research on PTSD to write the Jake / Mikey chapter, and discovered "seeing" the dead person is not out of the question. What brings into question whether Jake's Mikey dream is just a dream or actual contact with the dead is Jake's visionary status, while in the movie the ambiguity is achieved by the appearance of the brother - leaving the audience to wonder whether they are seeing the ghost through Charlie's eyes, or whether it is objectively there (since no one else sees it, you really begin to wonder.)

There's no evidence to suggest Charlie is a visionary - until Tess, and that's when the plot starts to lose cohesion.

Actually, Zac's character Logan in The Lucky One suffers from PTSD. It's mentioned in the book, but I don't know how much they're gonna play into it in the movie.

{c} michelle.
01-14-2012, 07:31 AM
(01-13-2012 10:13 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  
(01-13-2012 06:50 PM)Fruitfly Wrote:  My favorite scene is when he punched the dude in the bar. It was such an alpha male moment for him, and that punch was so fast! It made me all soft and gushy on the inside, alot more than the icky, icky graveyard scene.

Actually, Zac's character Logan in The Lucky One suffers from PTSD. It's mentioned in the book, but I don't know how much they're gonna play into it in the movie.

Didn't know that. Thanks.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.