All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
21 or Older and Mature thread
05-17-2012, 08:29 PM
RE: 21 or Older and Mature thread
(05-17-2012 07:30 PM)Stephanie Wrote:  
(05-17-2012 06:21 PM)Tiny Tink (TT) Wrote:  
(05-16-2012 08:17 PM)Stephanie Wrote:  Nothing new is really going on with me. Just going to college and struggling with a class I'm having to retake for a passing grade of at least a B-. Hardest class at the college and I'm scared to death of not passing. Everything is going good though.

I have a question Tiny Tink. Do you feel honored when people say thanks for your service or does it make you feel weird? Reason I ask is because my bf was in the Navy for 5 years. He's been out for about 3 or 4 I believe but he said he hates it because he doesn't feel that people should thank him for the things he had to do in order to protect our country. I just asked him the other night about it and he said he's gone as far as deleted people from his Facebook because they told him thanks more than once. He said one time is fine but when people ALWAYS treat him weird when they see him or talk to him he hates it. He doesn't even tell people he was in the navy unless they themselves were because he feels like he's not himself anymore. This could possibly be based on the line of work a person had to do. I know a lot of guys who were in the Marines who did mechanical work and they LOVE to be congratulated while my bf who was Navy military police HATES it.

Well Stephanie, I don't think that there's anything wrong with being thanked for serving and protecting this country. As a servicemember you get mixed feelings, a part of you is honored and truly grateful that you have the support and appreciation of others; and then there's that part of you that feels weird because of all the things we have to do while protecting and serving this country. I agree with your friend being thank once is good enough but I think he's gone a little extreme with the deleting of people simply because he served as a MP. I'm mechanic, who works in human resource, with a medical background, who fires 38 shots out of 40! Now what I'm trying to say, yes some jobs in the military you kind of dislike what you HAVE TO DO in order to keep HOME and SELF, safe. But you feel HONORED that someone APPRECIATES, although they may not completely understand what you HAVE TO DO. If I get stranded during combat, I fix my vehicle (the mechanic); making sure Soldiers and their families are taken care of back home (the HR person); if a fellow Soldier is injured, I patch them up (the medic); and if danger lurkes our way and their intent is to harm us, I do what's necessary (the shooter). So, to answer your question it is both an honor and weird feeling I get when I'm thanked for my service to the country Smile

Wow that's awesome! I guess you're one of those I can say thanks to then cause that's really really cool. I wish I was that resourceful with everything. I can't even change a flat tire Tongue

That's the reason I asked you. Everyone I've talked to is honored that people thank them for their service but with my boyfriend he's just idk I guess overly sensitive. He is one of those types of guys who you'd meet and think he was a tough guy but really he just needs A LOT of love. That didn't even come from being involved in the Navy, I think it comes from his upbringing and just personality. He claims that he was the same way BEFORE being sent over but we've only been dating a 1 1/2 yrs this June so I can't really judge his character since I didn't know him prior.

I hope I didn't come off as nosy or weird. I just wasn't sure if you were one of those types who HATED being thanked or if you were honored and if you were comfortable with people saying they appreciated it. I'm glad, it makes me feel a little more comfortable. I'm used to my boyfriend being like that but it makes me cautious of others and how I word "war" subjects.

He's 26 and I love him to death but sometimes I wonder if he might need some help with like PTSD or something. Says he doesn't but I think everyone could use someone to talk to.

No Stephanie, I don't think you were being nosy...LOL...you're just curious and there's nothing wrong with that. Your boyfriend, sounds like any other man, needs that extra TLC Smile! If you didn't know, YES MEN ARE OVERLY SENSITIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING....LOL...And please don't caution your thoughts nor curiousity when you want to address a "war" subject, we all deal with our time in service differently, with your boyfriend he may just need someone to talk to but then again he may just want to get back into how things were prior to his combat service. That's one of those things you have to be patient with.

Live life as is; take each day and make it into what you want it to be Smile !!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2012, 09:31 PM
(05-17-2012 08:29 PM)Tiny Tink (TT) Wrote:  
(05-17-2012 07:30 PM)Stephanie Wrote:  
(05-17-2012 06:21 PM)Tiny Tink (TT) Wrote:  
(05-16-2012 08:17 PM)Stephanie Wrote:  Nothing new is really going on with me. Just going to college and struggling with a class I'm having to retake for a passing grade of at least a B-. Hardest class at the college and I'm scared to death of not passing. Everything is going good though.

I have a question Tiny Tink. Do you feel honored when people say thanks for your service or does it make you feel weird? Reason I ask is because my bf was in the Navy for 5 years. He's been out for about 3 or 4 I believe but he said he hates it because he doesn't feel that people should thank him for the things he had to do in order to protect our country. I just asked him the other night about it and he said he's gone as far as deleted people from his Facebook because they told him thanks more than once. He said one time is fine but when people ALWAYS treat him weird when they see him or talk to him he hates it. He doesn't even tell people he was in the navy unless they themselves were because he feels like he's not himself anymore. This could possibly be based on the line of work a person had to do. I know a lot of guys who were in the Marines who did mechanical work and they LOVE to be congratulated while my bf who was Navy military police HATES it.

Well Stephanie, I don't think that there's anything wrong with being thanked for serving and protecting this country. As a servicemember you get mixed feelings, a part of you is honored and truly grateful that you have the support and appreciation of others; and then there's that part of you that feels weird because of all the things we have to do while protecting and serving this country. I agree with your friend being thank once is good enough but I think he's gone a little extreme with the deleting of people simply because he served as a MP. I'm mechanic, who works in human resource, with a medical background, who fires 38 shots out of 40! Now what I'm trying to say, yes some jobs in the military you kind of dislike what you HAVE TO DO in order to keep HOME and SELF, safe. But you feel HONORED that someone APPRECIATES, although they may not completely understand what you HAVE TO DO. If I get stranded during combat, I fix my vehicle (the mechanic); making sure Soldiers and their families are taken care of back home (the HR person); if a fellow Soldier is injured, I patch them up (the medic); and if danger lurkes our way and their intent is to harm us, I do what's necessary (the shooter). So, to answer your question it is both an honor and weird feeling I get when I'm thanked for my service to the country Smile

Wow that's awesome! I guess you're one of those I can say thanks to then cause that's really really cool. I wish I was that resourceful with everything. I can't even change a flat tire Tongue

That's the reason I asked you. Everyone I've talked to is honored that people thank them for their service but with my boyfriend he's just idk I guess overly sensitive. He is one of those types of guys who you'd meet and think he was a tough guy but really he just needs A LOT of love. That didn't even come from being involved in the Navy, I think it comes from his upbringing and just personality. He claims that he was the same way BEFORE being sent over but we've only been dating a 1 1/2 yrs this June so I can't really judge his character since I didn't know him prior.

I hope I didn't come off as nosy or weird. I just wasn't sure if you were one of those types who HATED being thanked or if you were honored and if you were comfortable with people saying they appreciated it. I'm glad, it makes me feel a little more comfortable. I'm used to my boyfriend being like that but it makes me cautious of others and how I word "war" subjects.

He's 26 and I love him to death but sometimes I wonder if he might need some help with like PTSD or something. Says he doesn't but I think everyone could use someone to talk to.

No Stephanie, I don't think you were being nosy...LOL...you're just curious and there's nothing wrong with that. Your boyfriend, sounds like any other man, needs that extra TLC Smile! If you didn't know, YES MEN ARE OVERLY SENSITIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING....LOL...And please don't caution your thoughts nor curiousity when you want to address a "war" subject, we all deal with our time in service differently, with your boyfriend he may just need someone to talk to but then again he may just want to get back into how things were prior to his combat service. That's one of those things you have to be patient with.

I just talked to my boyfriend and showed him what I'd say. He said that I completely exaggerated ....so I feel a little better that he's not gonna need extensive help. I think it's just a girlfriend thing where I always want to protect him.

Anyways, besides that anything else new in anybody's life?
05-22-2012, 03:57 PM
hope everyone is doing well. I'm busy with my son's school as the year is ending, so, I haven't really said much. I have things I volunteered with that I'm doing and he has exams now. Hi TinyTink, hope you are well.

I was Voted Most Motherly:Heart

Treat people the way you would want to be treated, with respect and kindness

also visit

http://www.hotspotscentral.net/forum

and now I have another new forum, but still in the works, you can start your own threads
http://www.thenewwave.com.mx/forum/forum.php
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-30-2012, 12:51 AM
Going crazy. Been studying for hrs for my muscle anatomy test. It one of the tests I screwed up on last quarter and it made me repeat the class :o I hope that doesn't happen for a third time or I'm gonna cry.

undefined
05-30-2012, 08:03 AM
aww steph i hope it all goes well this time Big Grin

Hi *waves* I'm
[ H a y l e y ]
[Image: iconzac_03.gif]
05-30-2012, 04:25 PM
....Think I scored a 65....maybe. Not too happy but it's life. Science has never been my thing and the teacher is hella hard so I'm just hoping for a B- and get the heck out.

undefined
07-23-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm sure everyone heard about the terrible tragedy up in Colorado. It's senseless and I really do hope justice is served well for the victims.

It's heartbreaking to see the new video of the suspect, and how his life went into a downward spiral.

Once a stone heart shattered and came along a true love so pure and sweet.

"I have the best fans in the world, gay and straight....
A person is a person."- Colton Haynes on his fans.
09-14-2012, 07:15 PM
it has been a while, just going through adult hood and Mom stuff. It's more difficult than I thought. Life changes let me tell you. It's tough, I'm getting there. Lots of changes in Michael's school , so I'm struggling and also other things. I kind of miss some of those who used to be here. i don't have alot in common with some of the new members. It will take some time I guess.

also visit

and now I have another new forum, but still in the works, you can start your own threads
11-29-2012, 05:28 AM
I know no ones posted in this thread for a while but I'm 21 and this is the first time I've posted in here lol

MOJP<3
11-29-2012, 01:00 PM
well it's great to have you in this thread. I'm a mom here and hope to hear from you soon.

Diane

also visit