All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Marriage and Children
11-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Marriage and Children
I was on my fb and it seems like a lot of my friends are either getting married, are pregnant or have had their children already. I'm just curious at what age do you guys think is a "good" age to have children/ get married? I'm really torn on this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2011, 05:54 PM
RE: Marriage and Children
I'd say late 20's/early 30's.
It's a good idea to wait.

Once a stone heart shattered and came along a true love so pure and sweet.

"I have the best fans in the world, gay and straight....
A person is a person."- Colton Haynes on his fans.
11-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Stephanie, this is a delicate question and being getting married is a huge step. There is no particular age, but there is a thing of maturity. Lots of people get married for different reasons. Have you talked to your parents b/c as far as talking on the forum to people, it's a different type of question to ask here. There are a lot of things to think about. Don't follow what your friends are doing. Don't think about pregnancy, that is not a good thing at your age. Finish College. Have your youth years. Get things out of your system and just enjoy yourself. There are many things you haven't given detail as to why and it's none of my business. Don't worry about what they are all doing either. Enjoy life b/c once you get married and have a child or children, that's it. I have been married, divorced and married. It's alot of work. ONce you have a child, your life is that. And getting divorced it's not fun. I have been married now for 13 yrs. It's easy just to give up, but there is more to this question. YOu should definitely talk to an adult or your parents. Don't be torn. You will know when it's right for YOU.

I was Voted Most Motherly:Heart

Treat people the way you would want to be treated, with respect and kindness

also visit

http://www.hotspotscentral.net/forum

and now I have another new forum, but still in the works, you can start your own threads
http://www.thenewwave.com.mx/forum/forum.php
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2011, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2011 06:05 PM by Stephanie.)
I think it varies from person to person but I was just curious what everyone else thought. For me, if a person is in a good financial situation or at least has a decent job and a decent bf/husband (preferably husband) then having kids and being married is fine.

It also depends on when the person met their sig. other. If it was during college or it's been a while and they are young then that's cool if marriage is for them....but those girls/guys who find a new boy each week to replace the old one need to mature some before getting serious.

My bf and I do talk about getting engaged someday in the somewhat soon future but at the same time we're both smart about it. We're both willing to commit so it doesn't matter to us when or how, but I just worry about these people on my fb who seem so lost within themselves.
(11-21-2011 06:01 PM)Peace Wrote:  Stephanie, this is a delicate question and being getting married is a huge step. There is no particular age, but there is a thing of maturity. Lots of people get married for different reasons. Have you talked to your parents b/c as far as talking on the forum to people, it's a different type of question to ask here. There are a lot of things to think about. Don't follow what your friends are doing. Don't think about pregnancy, that is not a good thing at your age. Finish College. Have your youth years. Get things out of your system and just enjoy yourself. There are many things you haven't given detail as to why and it's none of my business. Don't worry about what they are all doing either. Enjoy life b/c once you get married and have a child or children, that's it. I have been married, divorced and married. It's alot of work. ONce you have a child, your life is that. And getting divorced it's not fun. I have been married now for 13 yrs. It's easy just to give up, but there is more to this question. YOu should definitely talk to an adult or your parents. Don't be torn. You will know when it's right for YOU.

lol no Diane I wasn't even talking about myself. My bf is 26 and we're not quite ready for that step. Mom and I are extremely close and she supports us in the future. I was asking about other people. I know that a lot of different people are from different countries with different cultures and sometimes it's just "normal" to get married at 18, while others wait until their 30's in other cultures. I just wanted other people's opinions on the matter. I wasn't "torn" for myself...I was torn on if I should feel judgmental about girls 19-20 yrs old just having a baby last night that is sick and stuff. I'm torn if I should be like "well it's her life." or if I should be like "WTF is she doing?"
11-21-2011, 06:09 PM
First of all , don't believe everything you read on the Facebook, I hate Facebook to be honest. YOu don't want just financial stability, this is what I looked for , Family, education, financial, and heart. HOw does he get along with his family and friends and how he treats his girlfriend. You should be totally independant and shouldn't be changed by him. Just like he should be independant and you shouldn't have to change the way he is. There is alot to this. Good luck. I just think it's up to you, the age is different to all people. You shouldn't go according to others to be honest. It's like you said, everyone is different especially on a forum.

I was Voted Most Motherly:Heart

Treat people the way you would want to be treated, with respect and kindness

also visit

http://www.hotspotscentral.net/forum

and now I have another new forum, but still in the works, you can start your own threads
http://www.thenewwave.com.mx/forum/forum.php
11-21-2011, 07:24 PM
(11-21-2011 06:09 PM)Peace Wrote:  First of all , don't believe everything you read on the Facebook, I hate Facebook to be honest. YOu don't want just financial stability, this is what I looked for , Family, education, financial, and heart. HOw does he get along with his family and friends and how he treats his girlfriend. You should be totally independant and shouldn't be changed by him. Just like he should be independant and you shouldn't have to change the way he is. There is alot to this. Good luck. I just think it's up to you, the age is different to all people. You shouldn't go according to others to be honest. It's like you said, everyone is different especially on a forum.

I agree completely. It's sad, my bf is good to me. He really is. Sure he has some growing up to do and he's the way he is because of the way he was raised and because of his past and the war....but he's a good guy. My family loves him, however, his family is really messed up and controlling so they don't like me for whatever reason. I'm pretty devastated by all that his family has said and done to me but at the end of the day I realize it's about myself and my bf and not about his family. They have some serious issues they have got to work through but it puts a lot of stress on our relationship.
11-21-2011, 08:23 PM
I just want to say there about about 10 girls I knew from high school, who are 20 now, and are pregnant but not married. I just don't think that it okay or right.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
11-27-2011, 07:07 PM
i know this is a fairly old thread but ive just come back from being off this site for months lol. I dont think theres a right age to get pregnant or married. Myself, i would like to be married before im 30 and there are many people who i went to school with that are pregnant or engaged or already have kids. I think that as long as they're happy then it doesnt matter.
11-27-2011, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2011 07:37 PM by Stephanie.)
My mom always told me that it's not about the age, it's about your situation in life. If you're 22 yrs old and have a husband, a steady enough job, you're not planning on going to college or already finished, you have the money, decent insurance and you're in the place in life that start a family then go ahead.

If you're 30 years old and don't have a job, money, you're still in college or just don't have any education and you're hooking up left and right with random guys or have a bf that is a deadbeat, then yeah....it's probably not the best time to think about a child.

It's all about the stages in life.
11-27-2011, 07:18 PM
(11-27-2011 07:10 PM)Stephanie Wrote:  My mom always told me that it's not about the age, it's about your situation in life. If you're 22 yrs old and have a husband, a steady enough job, you're not planning on going to college or already finished, you have the money, decent insurance and you're in the place in life that start a family then go ahead.

If you're 30 years old and don't have a job, money, you're still in college or just don't have any education and you're hooking up left and right with random guys or have a bf that isn't a deadbeat, then yeah....it's probably not the best time to think about a child.

It's all about the stages in life.
yeah I completely agree with that. me and my boyfriend have always said that we will get married and have kids when we are ready to start a family and when we both have steady jobs and in a good financial situation. especially with living in england at the moment and i wont be moving out in the next year cause where i live is where the sailing is going to be for the olympics. -_-