All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2012 Elections
11-18-2011, 07:23 PM
RE: 2012 Elections
I never registered to vote. I don't see the point at my age to do that cause I can't give a dang about politics. I'll deal with that crap when I'm older and had some life experience that will make me want to vote one way or another. My entire family is democrat and for the most part everyone respects everyone elses views. BUT my bf's family are all republicans and while I see some of their views and agree that the town I live in is all a bunch of "Tree hugging hippies and liberal freaks," I don't like how they constantly have their O'Riley Factor crap on EVERY SINGLE TIME I'm over at someone's house. It's all about bashing Obama or saying that Republicans are the only way to go. I'm not all that knowledgeable about anybody running so I don't feel it's my place to get so upset plus it's their house and they have a right to see whatever they want on their TV but when it's on ALL DAY every FREAKING day I get annoyed. One of my bf's aunts go on and on about Herman Cain and it's to the point of her dishing out buttons for people. I took one to be respectful but I'm about through with dealing with his family let alone their politics.

Point is, I just don't even want to vote because it always seems like someone gets mad. I like to keep my stuff like that private and not voice my opinions around people who don't really care what I'm saying anyways. This isn't to say that Republicans are bad or Democrats are the best or anything at all. I see everyone's views and I respect that everyone should have their voice heard....but the things I DO NOT talk about around families both mine and anyone elses are Religion, Death and Politics. It's just taboo in my family and I really do feel it shouldn't be discussed ALL the time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2011, 01:46 PM
(11-18-2011 07:23 PM)Stephanie Wrote:  I never registered to vote. I don't see the point at my age to do that cause I can't give a dang about politics. I'll deal with that crap when I'm older and had some life experience that will make me want to vote one way or another. My entire family is democrat and for the most part everyone respects everyone elses views. BUT my bf's family are all republicans and while I see some of their views and agree that the town I live in is all a bunch of "Tree hugging hippies and liberal freaks," I don't like how they constantly have their O'Riley Factor crap on EVERY SINGLE TIME I'm over at someone's house. It's all about bashing Obama or saying that Republicans are the only way to go. I'm not all that knowledgeable about anybody running so I don't feel it's my place to get so upset plus it's their house and they have a right to see whatever they want on their TV but when it's on ALL DAY every FREAKING day I get annoyed. One of my bf's aunts go on and on about Herman Cain and it's to the point of her dishing out buttons for people. I took one to be respectful but I'm about through with dealing with his family let alone their politics.

Point is, I just don't even want to vote because it always seems like someone gets mad. I like to keep my stuff like that private and not voice my opinions around people who don't really care what I'm saying anyways. This isn't to say that Republicans are bad or Democrats are the best or anything at all. I see everyone's views and I respect that everyone should have their voice heard....but the things I DO NOT talk about around families both mine and anyone elses are Religion, Death and Politics. It's just taboo in my family and I really do feel it shouldn't be discussed ALL the time.

I live in a completely "redneck, conservative republican" place. So I kind of understand where you're coming from.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-25-2011, 08:04 PM
(11-25-2011 08:02 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  i dont think am going to vote anymore because its not like is going to make the economy better. it be the same ole thing.

In order to get better people in Congress, people have to vote. I always thought that if you don't vote (when you're capable of doing so), then you have no right to complain.

{c} michelle.
11-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Well if you don't vote, then you really can't complain.

{c} michelle.
11-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Voting does make a difference, and people will be able to get jobs with the right Congress in place.

{c} michelle.
11-25-2011, 11:47 PM
(11-25-2011 08:41 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  Voting does make a difference, and people will be able to get jobs with the right Congress in place.

See I feel the same way. People do NEED to vote but for my own sanity until my bf's family learns to like me, I don't really want to vote. It's gonna be hard enough dealing with them let alone knowing they'll be rude about my political views plus I don't even understand half of the stuff I would be voting for so if I educated myself I totally would vote. ....but I think that voting and not knowing what ur voting for or about is worse than not voting at all lol.
12-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Here's one thing about me that you could take to the bank (pun intended)..

you couldn't PAY me to vote Republican.

that being said..not sure of what I will do this time around.

somehow, someway the control of our laws needs to stop being corporately sponsored

@ lashay... me too (did that last time)

..and Stephanie, please reconsider...you need to participate...we all do

I almost feel like I'm telling you not to feed Gizmo after midnight, but... what ever you do...TURN OFF FOX NEWS

now..some food for thought if you're so inclined

http://www.americanselect.org/?gclid=CKz...4AoddQEDmA
12-29-2011, 02:21 PM
I feel like if I say I don't vote for Republicans (which I don't), then people here where I live will just ignore me.
In Alabama, if you say you're not a Republican, people look at you different. So that's why I still have my political beliefs, but I'm not as vocal about them for that reason.

{c} michelle.
12-30-2011, 01:04 AM
(12-29-2011 02:03 PM)cosmic bliss Wrote:  Here's one thing about me that you could take to the bank (pun intended)..

you couldn't PAY me to vote Republican.

that being said..not sure of what I will do this time around.

somehow, someway the control of our laws needs to stop being corporately sponsored

@ lashay... me too (did that last time)

..and Stephanie, please reconsider...you need to participate...we all do

I almost feel like I'm telling you not to feed Gizmo after midnight, but... what ever you do...TURN OFF FOX NEWS

now..some food for thought if you're so inclined

http://www.americanselect.org/?gclid=CKz...4AoddQEDmA
I will... once I've got some life experience and actually have time to pay attention. I plan to vote but the process is only one of many I have to sign up for.
12-30-2011, 07:01 AM
We need a fiscal conservative in office; our international credit rating has already dropped thanks to the spenders in Washington (Democrats and Republicans are to blame).

I am an equal opportunity despiser of both big government and big business. Big is bad; we've seen it in Obama's allocation of government dollars towards environmental companies that fail; we've seen it in companies like Enron and people like Madoff who screw old people out of their savings, who exploit their positions for financial gain and leave th company bankrupt.

I don't like Obama and I don't like Newt. We need to wipe the slate clean and start with an outsider like Ron Paul. He will reduce the size of the federal government and empower the state, balance the budget, give civil liberties to all and stop us from playing international policeman.

When you can't pay rent you don't lend your neighbor $20.00. This is obvious to me, and yet it escapes everyone in Washington DC.

http://www.lp.org/

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.