All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2012 Elections
01-11-2012, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2012 06:41 PM by cosmic bliss.)
RE: 2012 Elections
Lol..do you blog?? if not, you should

"What I want you to notice, however, is how cunning and crafty those in power are, for no sooner did these grassroots organizations emerge than the media started labeling them republican or democrat oriented, because by ascribing them a party affiliation, they ceased to become "grassroots" and became "factions" of a particular party."

I do, I have! ^^

"The demonization of both occupy and tea party movements is absolutely requisite to ensure the division necessary for the corrupt to remain in power. Thus, both became targets of political and media hostility. A concentrated hatred for the Other is required to maintain the chasm."

Bingo!^^

And OH BOY, when China comes to town we're really screwed environmentally!

Merde!

I hope that you find kindred spirits, Fruitfly...

and my sincere best to your dad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2012, 06:55 PM
"I know there is an answer, but I also know it isn't going to happen with today's politicians. In the future, one or two things is going to happen, a second American revolution like the French revolution where the gov't is toppled, or foreign invasion and takeover. We won't keep going like we're going. "

That is exactly what my government professor at college basically said.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2012, 11:16 AM
(01-11-2012 06:55 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  "I know there is an answer, but I also know it isn't going to happen with today's politicians. In the future, one or two things is going to happen, a second American revolution like the French revolution where the gov't is toppled, or foreign invasion and takeover. We won't keep going like we're going. "

Well that's kinda scary that somebody so educated should agree with me.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
01-12-2012, 11:27 AM
(01-12-2012 11:16 AM)Fruitfly Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 06:55 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  "I know there is an answer, but I also know it isn't going to happen with today's politicians. In the future, one or two things is going to happen, a second American revolution like the French revolution where the gov't is toppled, or foreign invasion and takeover. We won't keep going like we're going. "

Well that's kinda scary that somebody so educated should agree with me.

They said it last March, and when I saw your post about it, I was like, "My professor thinks the same thing".

{c} michelle.
01-12-2012, 11:29 AM
(01-11-2012 06:30 PM)cosmic bliss Wrote:  And OH BOY, when China comes to town we're really screwed environmentally!

Merde!

I hope that you find kindred spirits, Fruitfly...

and my sincere best to your dad

No, I don't blog. Half the time I regret everything I write on here.

Yes, China is rich because they are cheap, and they lack the same fastidiousness of the US or Europe. They also don't value human life the same way we do. Plus, girls are expendable; girl babies are murdered.

Thank you for your well-wishes Cosmic. I really do appreciate them. Unfortunately I think my kindred spirits are the dead, and I commune with them whenever I read a good book.

My dad make it out of surgery and should be back today. I just hope his heart stays in rhythm - this was a last recourse for him. My brother who is two years younger than me actually died from it - he was dead for about eight minutes; his heart just stopped in the middle of the night. Thankfully he's in Boston and his wife realized something happened and called the paramedics. If he hadn't lived in Boston, if the hospital was farther away he would still be dead.

Life is fragile.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
01-16-2012, 03:08 AM
And now Rick Perry is defending the soldiers that urinated.

Oh, my gosh. Just. I can't even begin to describe how wrong he is. Those soldiers need to be punished for what they did.

And the news is saying the video in question could hold back peace talks.

Once a stone heart shattered and came along a true love so pure and sweet.

"I have the best fans in the world, gay and straight....
A person is a person."- Colton Haynes on his fans.
01-16-2012, 06:13 PM
(01-16-2012 03:08 AM)teamnoelftw. Wrote:  And now Rick Perry is defending the soldiers that urinated.

Oh, my gosh. Just. I can't even begin to describe how wrong he is. Those soldiers need to be punished for what they did.

And the news is saying the video in question could hold back peace talks.

My mom is from Texas and she complains about Rick Perry all the time.
Personally, I don't see any good candidates in the Republican candidates right now.

{c} michelle.
01-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Me either. It's becoming a dumb race.

John Huntsman dropped out. That's another one out. Any other offers?

01-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Cain dropped out a couple weeks ago.
Bachmann dropped not too long ago too.

{c} michelle.
01-16-2012, 11:40 PM
I think everyone knew Cain was gonna drop out eventually, with all those stories.

Frankly, I was tired of hearing another story every other day.