All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Poll: Want everyone to be a family?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ALL OPINIONS MATTER!!~ The thread where you can Discuss, Argue, & Chat!
11-05-2011, 04:36 PM
RE: ALL OPINIONS MATTER!!~ The thread where you can Discuss, Argue, & Chat!
(11-05-2011 03:35 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  
(11-05-2011 03:21 PM)Stephanie Wrote:  The only thing I worry about with this thread is it WILL lead to fights. In the past if a person were to make something like this, someone with a low maturity comes in here and starts doing stuff. That or it becomes some sort of complaining fest and honestly, we're too good of a forum for that. We don't need others bringing us down.

Hope this place works out.

what you mean complaining fest? as in its wrong to say if someone has offended you or pretend that everything is good in your life even though it isn't? because i think sometimes its healthy to vent sometimes its better then keeping your problems in and having it eat away at you. or you harming yourself or others because your problems have gotten the best of you. and i don't think this thread was designed to start any trouble. and if people feel as though hearing other people's troubles is bringing them down or THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED in seeing others express that's important to them well they have options. i mean were not forcing ANYONE to hear or to concern themselves with our problems or feel sorry for us. (at least am not) i think that this thread will only become an issue if others come and start chaos which i doubt that will be the case. And am not attacking you by the way or being rude or anything those just are my honest opinions.

(11-05-2011 03:53 PM)TearDropsBumberly Wrote:  She's right
100%

When I say argue I don't mean it in literal terms
That's how problems start people take things too literally
This is a place where you can cool off
You must have not read what I said in the beginning
If things get out if hand and it appears that it will get out of control then I will eventually ban them from this thread. Understood ? Now instead of talking about the downside think to the upside and take your negative comments about this thread else where capisce?

And thank you to lashay

Wow u two. Sorry that I couldn't express MY opinion about my fears. Whatever I'll stay out of your way and let you two express how u feel without me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Geez. Three pages in and this thread already has a negative undertone.

This thread could be a great asset to the forum if the original post is kept in mind. If people continuously write their comments in a stand offish and argumentative way as is happening on other threads then this place will be no different to other threads. Maybe if capitals were not used in posts to emphasise posts then people would feel that this thread is the place for them to vent and not be treated in abrupt manner for expressing an opinion,

I genuinely do like the idea behind this thread and the above are just my opinions on how this thread could be used effectively by all.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2011, 05:22 PM
(11-05-2011 05:01 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  
(11-05-2011 04:57 PM)Londonlipton Wrote:  Geez. Three pages in and this thread already has a negative undertone.

This thread could be a great asset to the forum if the original post is kept in mind. If people continuously write their comments in a stand offish and argumentative way as is happening on other threads then this place will be no different to other threads. Maybe if capitals were not used in posts to emphasise posts then people would feel that this thread is the place for them to vent and not be treated in abrupt manner for expressing an opinion,

I genuinely do like the idea behind this thread and the above are just my opinions on how this thread could be used effectively by all.

criticizing the thread is that helpful ? or making others feel as though their feelings don't count and should not be expressed is that helpful? am just curious and not being argumentative by the way, but the way i see it i was only expressing my opinions and someone just blew up. not everyone who has a different opinion or point of view is negative.

It's constructive criticism.
I understand what you are saying,but my point is we are three pages in to what could turn out to be an interesting in lively thread,and one person who attempted to express a fear and opinion about the thread has been made to feel that they are unwelcome or uncomfortable in posting here, in a thread which was designed for that very purpose. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

KellyAngel

11-05-2011, 05:29 PM
(11-05-2011 05:25 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  it seems like to me that the only fear she had was hearing people problems? and not about the purpose of the thread.

"The only thing I worry about with this thread is it WILL lead to fights. In the past if a person were to make something like this, someone with a low maturity comes in here and starts doing stuff. That or it becomes some sort of complaining fest and honestly, we're too good of a forum for that. We don't need others bringing us down. " Was the original post. Personally I feel this was about the fear of this thread being used as a thread to complain about the forum or other posters and comments. I maybe wrong but that was my interpretation of the post.

KellyAngel

11-05-2011, 05:39 PM
just as I do yours. Smile

KellyAngel

11-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Sometimes I feel as though there can be cliques on this forum.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
11-05-2011, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2011 06:10 PM by Stephanie.)
(11-05-2011 05:29 PM)Londonlipton Wrote:  
(11-05-2011 05:25 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  it seems like to me that the only fear she had was hearing people problems? and not about the purpose of the thread.

"The only thing I worry about with this thread is it WILL lead to fights. In the past if a person were to make something like this, someone with a low maturity comes in here and starts doing stuff. That or it becomes some sort of complaining fest and honestly, we're too good of a forum for that. We don't need others bringing us down. " Was the original post. Personally I feel this was about the fear of this thread being used as a thread to complain about the forum or other posters and comments. I maybe wrong but that was my interpretation of the post.

I've been reading all of this stuff everyone has wrote and I understand how people feel. I'm sorry I said anything at all. I somehow knew by what I wrote other people would jump on me. This is what the forum has been doing for years and I am so stupid to believe anything good could come of what I said. I just had more hope for this new forum than when I was here years ago.

I wasn't trying to start anything. I even informed my friend Bri about this thread so she could see the exact reason why so many people refuse to come back. I'm about 5 seconds away from leaving honestly. Here's what happened. I came on here to post that it was my 21st bday tomorrow and that I was letting other people know. I simply seen this thread and thought "oh god not again." So I came here and in not so many words I said "I wish you guys luck but I hope that people expressing how they feel and "arguing" on a thread when it's been made in the past very very clear by Kathryn and other moderators that there is no threads made that could be taken the wrong way. I'm afraid to even post on this forum anymore because people are so quick to jump down people's throats. I get that there are so any diverse people on this forum of different cultures, ages, beliefs and maturity levels and we all need to respect that but honestly, I see in no way what I commented on to be wrong. I expressed my opinion and that's exactly what the purpose of this thread was for. I could have PMed the creator of the thread and I could have wrote in the SB or made a new thread to complain about this thread but I didn't. I kept it at the source and I did my best to remain as nice as possible. It may not have come across that way but that's exactly what I was saying.

This exact thing that happened because I "dare" to express my opinion is what I feared. Hate to break it to you but my point was proven by how you guys took to me. If you would have remained neutral like I attempted to then this thread could serve it's purpose and be simply a place for people to go to talk about life's issues. I'm not trying to be rude at all but there are some people on this forum that really do bring me down and I'm sure there are some people who feel the same about me. It's called life but when I see the same people over and over again complaining and being sad about life and something that should be enjoyed for every second. Life is way too short to sit on a forum and talk about how u hate life. Probably the reason is because you're on a forum all day not doing anything. Remaining in a chair typing makes a person feel very depressed.

I myself years ago lived on this forum because I hated myself and the people around me. I get depression and I get not feeling worthy but guess what? To brighten some people's days it's nice to see that you have managed to take what should be a great day of celebration for me and my birthday and made it into something where you wanna pick on me. I offered up a fear I had about the past. I'm not saying it would happen again but it seems like it has because despite people not wanting to hear what I have to say, it's true.

I sat back and watched as this conversation has gone on and I'm hurt. I really am and no I won't let it ruin my day outside of this forum because I don't know any of you personally and only the ones who I want to share life with have contact with me beyond this but I just can't imagine how any of you would feel if you came in here thinking "Sweet I finally have a place to post that won't jump on me."

and what do you have but someone stating their opinion and being yelled at and told they are wrong. I never said anyone is wrong and I'm sorry if it came off that way. That's not what I meant at all and if people can't have the maturity to accept that they I really don't care because I stand by what I have said.

I've informed Kathryn of this thread about an hour ago and we'll see what happens. She's ultimately in charge and what she sees fit for the forum or not is what will happen.

....and honestly I don't think that the title should say "All opinions matter" when clearly mine didn't :/
All of this is taken out of context and it's pretty dumb if u ask me.

The way that I post is 1) could this offend someone? 2) If not could someone want to make it offend them? 3) Is it something that you can back up for later if a mod or Kathryn were to see it? 4) If u came back to it a while later would you be proud of what you wrote?

If all of these things apply or if you feel that u can back up what you say then that's when I post. I'm not one to sit around and just allow other people to talk about or to me poorly so I'm sorry if I come off mean but I've called anything from the B word to a wannabee mod to someone other people don't want to be around. I quit coming on here because that's not who I am and other people can't see that on this forum. I wanted a fresh start but I see that when u get a ton of teenage and young girls on a forum ....drama always arrises no matter what u do or say.

I love this forum and don't want people to feel like I'm bashing anybody. I am truly sorry that anyone took what I said wrong but I just don't allow myself to not be understood.
11-05-2011, 06:08 PM
(11-05-2011 05:57 PM)Stephanie Wrote:  
(11-05-2011 05:29 PM)Londonlipton Wrote:  

I've been reading all of this stuff everyone has wrote and I understand how people feel. I'm sorry I said anything at all. I somehow knew by what I wrote other people would jump on me. This is what the forum has been doing for years and I am so stupid to believe anything good could come of what I said. I just had more hope for this new forum than when I was here years ago.

I wasn't trying to start anything. I even informed my friend Bri about this thread so she could see the exact reason why so many people refuse to come back. I'm about 5 seconds away from leaving honestly. Here's what happened. I came on here to post that it was my 21st bday tomorrow and that I was letting other people know. I simply seen this thread and thought "oh god not again." So I came here and in not so many words I said "I wish you guys luck but I hope that people expressing how they feel and "arguing" on a thread when it's been made in the past very very clear by Kathryn and other moderators that there is no threads made that could be taken the wrong way. I'm afraid to even post on this forum anymore because people are so quick to jump down people's throats. I get that there are so any diverse people on this forum of different cultures, ages, beliefs and maturity levels and we all need to respect that but honestly, I see in no way what I commented on to be wrong. I expressed my opinion and that's exactly what the purpose of this thread was for. I could have PMed the creator of the thread and I could have wrote in the SB or made a new thread to complain about this thread but I didn't. I kept it at the source and I did my best to remain as nice as possible. It may not have come across that way but that's exactly what I was saying.

This exact thing that happened because I "dare" to express my opinion is what I feared. Hate to break it to you but my point was proven by how you guys took to me. If you would have remained neutral like I attempted to then this thread could serve it's purpose and be simply a place for people to go to talk about life's issues. I'm not trying to be rude at all but there are some people on this forum that really do bring me down and I'm sure there are some people who feel the same about me. It's called life but when I see the same people over and over again complaining and being sad about life and something that should be enjoyed for every second. Life is way too short to sit on a forum and talk about how u hate life. Probably the reason is because you're on a forum all day not doing anything. Remaining in a chair typing makes a person feel very depressed.

I myself years ago lived on this forum because I hated myself and the people around me. I get depression and I get not feeling worthy but guess what? To brighten some people's days it's nice to see that you have managed to take what should be a great day of celebration for me and my birthday and made it into something where you wanna pick on me. I offered up a fear I had about the past. I'm not saying it would happen again but it seems like it has because despite people not wanting to hear what I have to say, it's true.

I sat back and watched as this conversation has gone on and I'm hurt. I really am and no I won't let it ruin my day outside of this forum because I don't know any of you personally and only the ones who I want to share life with have contact with me beyond this but I just can't imagine how any of you would feel if you came in here thinking "Sweet I finally have a place to post that won't jump on me."

and what do you have but someone stating their opinion and being yelled at and told they are wrong. I never said anyone is wrong and I'm sorry if it came off that way. That's not what I meant at all and if people can't have the maturity to accept that they I really don't care because I stand by what I have said.

I've informed Kathryn of this thread about an hour ago and we'll see what happens. She's ultimately in charge and what she sees fit for the forum or not is what will happen.

Don't be depressed. You're one of my favorite people on this forum. Also, I was going to wish you a happy birthday tomorrow too.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
11-05-2011, 06:24 PM
There won't be anymore negative comments from here on forward ok? I just want to have at least one thread where no one argues. Let's start by changing the subject ok? And start over

How is everyone's Saturday?

[Image: tumblr_lruddxOgoM1qlpcpdo1_500.gif]
From the year 2000 to the present and so on, I have always and forever loved Jesse Abraham Arthur McCartney
11-05-2011, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2011 05:11 PM by Stephanie.)
Mine's been going well. Grandma is coming over tonight for dinner and to give me some presents and moneys. We're skipping church lol. I know that sounds horrible but there are some pastors we don't wanna hear when the main one is gone. Anyway real b'day is tomorrow and I sense my bf has something planned that I'm not even sure of yet Tongue

[Image: Santa-Claus-A.jpg]