All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FANS AS FRIENDS?
12-12-2011, 05:58 PM
RE: FANS AS FRIENDS?
(12-12-2011 05:49 PM)Londonlipton Wrote:  To be fair. I think Zac has the normal thing down, he has surrounded himself with people and has been brought up by family who would shoot him down the second he became anything but normal.

I agree with this. I have a feeling his parents are on top of making sure that didn't happen.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2011, 12:34 PM
(12-12-2011 04:20 PM)ILOVEYOUZACEFRONSOMUCH♥ Wrote:  
(12-11-2011 06:50 PM)Fruitfly Wrote:  So yes, it is possible, but it is impossible to predict who could become a friend.

nice answer! really, i though that was interesting, and ya i mean i would just basically, teach him how to be a normal person, you know? itd be like showing him a wholenother world! hahaha and thats true, it is bpossible but you dont know who...iguess you just hope for the best, like if you send a letter or something

If it helps, I understand what you're saying. Hollywood is filled with self-entitled twenty-something actors and actresses who don't have a clue about how the real world works. That's why they can buy their way out of drunk driving charges and go back to the bar the next day. Californian law enables young people to self-destruct (Lindsay Lohan) so long as they can pay for it. That's why sometimes I do worry about him and question some of his friendships. The good news is I do think he has a good family that will hold him accountable, like my parents did me when I was his age.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
12-13-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't think he would be completely against it. It just depends a lot on who the fan is. Their age and how they act around him and whatnot. I'm sure he wouldn't want a young girl, who is constantly screaming and acting like his fangirl all the time to be in his group of friends, y'know? haha.

[Image: 11imzxw.gif]
- zefron member since '06.
12-14-2011, 08:58 PM
(12-12-2011 05:49 PM)Londonlipton Wrote:  To be fair. I think Zac has the normal thing down, he has surrounded himself with people and has been brought up by family who would shoot him down the second he became anything but normal.

hahahaha, ya your prob true, Zac is a great guy and he values his fans more than anyone so i dont htink he owuld want to let them down, so ya.
Find all posts by this user
12-14-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't think he would mind being friends with a fan if they clicked. But he is also more private about his private life so I would think he would be careful when befriending people in general. And like many people said, he loves his fans so I don't see why not.
12-15-2011, 11:19 AM
(12-14-2011 09:04 PM)healingduck Wrote:  I don't think he would mind being friends with a fan if they clicked. But he is also more private about his private life so I would think he would be careful when befriending people in general. And like many people said, he loves his fans so I don't see why not.

"He loves his fans" is an abstract statement. He doesn't actually know his fans individually and therefore can't love or hate any one of them.

"I would think he would be careful when befriending people in general." Exactly. Everyone he meets wants something from him. The fans want an autograph or photo for the social credit of being able to say "I met Zac Efron." Hollywood people also want to say "Yeah, I know Zac Efron." This is all to the benefit of those individuals, Zac gets nothing out of it.

Real friends will be giving Zac something he wants, and that's not fan adoration.
12-15-2011, 01:07 PM
(12-15-2011 11:19 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(12-14-2011 09:04 PM)healingduck Wrote:  I don't think he would mind being friends with a fan if they clicked. But he is also more private about his private life so I would think he would be careful when befriending people in general. And like many people said, he loves his fans so I don't see why not.

"He loves his fans" is an abstract statement. He doesn't actually know his fans individually and therefore can't love or hate any one of them.

"I would think he would be careful when befriending people in general." Exactly. Everyone he meets wants something from him. The fans want an autograph or photo for the social credit of being able to say "I met Zac Efron." Hollywood people also want to say "Yeah, I know Zac Efron." This is all to the benefit of those individuals, Zac gets nothing out of it.

Real friends will be giving Zac something he wants, and that's not fan adoration.

You make a good point. But some of his friends are people he has worked with who admire him as he is talented at his craft. Fans come in many forms. I admire him for his work and nothing else. I am firm believer that it would be a case of how you reacted to him,the conversation and if you had anything in common with him, outside of him being Zac Efron the actor.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton
12-15-2011, 02:27 PM
(12-15-2011 11:19 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  "He loves his fans" is an abstract statement. He doesn't actually know his fans individually and therefore can't love or hate any one of them.

Excellent point! This works both ways. Fans approach Zac Efron with preconceived notions of his identity based solely on media communications and the PR machine. But this identity is a work of fiction, a marketing masterpiece of production for the sake of acquiring a particular demographic, maintaining a particular demographic and opening up spaces for Zac in the industry.

In other words, none of us really know Zac. I prefer to speculate based on general observation of his interviews, clothes, activities than purchase wholesale what I'm being sold.

(12-15-2011 11:19 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  "I would think he would be careful when befriending people in general." Exactly. Everyone he meets wants something from him.

Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't want *that* from him, but I'm also aware I have about the same chance with Zac as Ron Paul has of winning the next presidential election, though he's the only honest man in all of Washington DC.

I once had a friendship with an actor. He helped me understand some characters I was writing in ways I could not; he came at it from the other side of things and it was a blessing to me. I finished the book. In return, I helped him understand why some of the people in his life did what they did, and consequently he was able to overcome some problems in his own life. Then he moved on and I was sad, but I survived and now look back upon him and the whole thing very fondly.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
12-15-2011, 04:24 PM
ANOTHER QUESTION!
just to add something in,

QUESTION: how would you become friends with Zac, if you were cool and stuff, how would you even get the chance?

thanks you guys for your replys!
12-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Meet through mutual friends or work... Or something.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton