All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FANS AS FRIENDS?
12-02-2011, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2011 02:31 PM by d. b. wilyumz.)
RE: FANS AS FRIENDS?
(12-02-2011 11:10 AM)Zacefronitis Wrote:  That's the point I was making. I don't believe he has to see his friends all the time to be intimate. Gosh that sounds suggestive but you know what I mean! Tongue

But the point I am making is that these hundreds of friends aren't actually friends, by my definition, they are acquaintances.
(12-01-2011 06:29 PM)ILOVEYOUZACEFRONSOMUCH♥ Wrote:  honestly, i dont TOTALLY agree, i mean like i think zac would be open to the idea, and he meets lots of new friends through movies...

I don't totally agree with myself. But see the previous discussion.

"He meets lots of new friends through movies" is not the definition of friends I'm using. So, he has worked with Nicole Kidman, they now know each other and probably act in a friendly manner when they meet. But I'm talking about serious friendship. I doubt they call each other at 2 a.m. to discuss personal concerns and give each other support. There's a difference between being friendly and being a friend.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2011, 11:38 PM
^^ yeah true

also if he wants fans as friends he has to make sure they are not using him to boost their image Sad those fans make me sick.

if i was a celeb i'll still be a fan at heart and chat to the fans on the carpet and stuff LOL even jump in the crowd lol pass off as a fan LOL see if anyone recognizes me LOL.
even get their numbers haha

[Image: 28lqi4g.jpg]
Natsu Dragneel The Dragon Slayer from Fairy Tail Blush

the only anime male hottie that can suit rosy pink hair and be a total badass
12-03-2011, 05:14 PM
(12-02-2011 02:29 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(12-02-2011 11:10 AM)Zacefronitis Wrote:  That's the point I was making. I don't believe he has to see his friends all the time to be intimate. Gosh that sounds suggestive but you know what I mean! Tongue

But the point I am making is that these hundreds of friends aren't actually friends, by my definition, they are acquaintances.
(12-01-2011 06:29 PM)ILOVEYOUZACEFRONSOMUCH♥ Wrote:  honestly, i dont TOTALLY agree, i mean like i think zac would be open to the idea, and he meets lots of new friends through movies...

I don't totally agree with myself. But see the previous discussion.

"He meets lots of new friends through movies" is not the definition of friends I'm using. So, he has worked with Nicole Kidman, they now know each other and probably act in a friendly manner when they meet. But I'm talking about serious friendship. I doubt they call each other at 2 a.m. to discuss personal concerns and give each other support. There's a difference between being friendly and being a friend.

well, he doesnt need 500, 3-5 are ok too, i mean like everyone has friends in life but it doesnt matter if your famous or not you prob only have like 2-3 who u can really do that with.
12-03-2011, 05:18 PM
I honestly think it depends on how they respect Zac. If they get it's just a job and he has other interests and the fan can relate to those, I see no reason why they can't be friends.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2011, 08:44 PM
(12-03-2011 05:18 PM)Londonlipton Wrote:  I honestly think it depends on how they respect Zac. If they get it's just a job and he has other interests and the fan can relate to those, I see no reason why they can't be friends.

awww! lol thanks for believing(: lol and i totally agree! like if the fan geninuely CARES about him and wouldnt freak talking to him, then dont you think that he would be open to the idea?
12-05-2011, 08:46 PM
I have something to say! When I was younger and I had such an uncontrollably huge crush on Zac, it was hard to grasp the reality of Zac being my friend was not possible! These days I've mellowed out and have more respect for him. I still get hyper when I think of him, and my spazzes are more relaxed. I'd say that if I had met Zac when I was younger, I would have had a much lower chance of Zac being my friend, because the thought of me meeting him made me sooo hyper and if he ever looked my way, I would not be able to say anything without getting nervous and caught up in the moment. Now that I have found a way to still spaz about Zac, but in smaller, shorter durations, and try to relax after thinking about how I would really act if I were to have some time with Zac myself and chat with him, (Even if it's for 10 seconds at a premiere) I would try and think as realistically about my true reaction to actually having a few seconds to interact with Zac. In conclusion, I found that if you want to be friends with someone, you have to find time to see them and I don't know how often Zac sees his true friends, but if you respect Zac for what he does, and he is trying his best to perform the best he can, and you meet him by some lucky chance and he has time to talk to you, you may just be able to make it happen. Oh... and don't forget fan mail! You can be Zac's pen-pal though the mail and eventually you may just get a reply. I waited 2 years for a reply (autograph) and I feel like Zac's my friend because he got around to reading my mail I sent him, and got what I wanted. A friendship with my favorite actor though fan mail! If you want to talk to Zac, send him a fan mail, and if you don't mind waiting a long time for a reply, and you will have made a friend through becoming Zac's pen pal. Here's the point, you either have to send a fan mail, get a personal reply, or meet him in person where he's likely to be. All of what I wrote is an opinion that you can be friends with your favorite actor! All you have to do is wait to become "lucky!" As time passed and I matured, I gained more respect for Zac and what he does! That's all!

Does what I wrote "fit" the topic?

Heart 3/31/12 Zac tweeted on his Twitter! (@ZacEfron) Heart
12-06-2011, 04:40 PM
(12-05-2011 08:46 PM)ZacAttack2290 Wrote:  I have something to say! When I was younger and I had such an uncontrollably huge crush on Zac, it was hard to grasp the reality of Zac being my friend was not possible! These days I've mellowed out and have more respect for him. I still get hyper when I think of him, and my spazzes are more relaxed. I'd say that if I had met Zac when I was younger, I would have had a much lower chance of Zac being my friend, because the thought of me meeting him made me sooo hyper and if he ever looked my way, I would not be able to say anything without getting nervous and caught up in the moment. Now that I have found a way to still spaz about Zac, but in smaller, shorter durations, and try to relax after thinking about how I would really act if I were to have some time with Zac myself and chat with him, (Even if it's for 10 seconds at a premiere) I would try and think as realistically about my true reaction to actually having a few seconds to interact with Zac. In conclusion, I found that if you want to be friends with someone, you have to find time to see them and I don't know how often Zac sees his true friends, but if you respect Zac for what he does, and he is trying his best to perform the best he can, and you meet him by some lucky chance and he has time to talk to you, you may just be able to make it happen. Oh... and don't forget fan mail! You can be Zac's pen-pal though the mail and eventually you may just get a reply. I waited 2 years for a reply (autograph) and I feel like Zac's my friend because he got around to reading my mail I sent him, and got what I wanted. A friendship with my favorite actor though fan mail! If you want to talk to Zac, send him a fan mail, and if you don't mind waiting a long time for a reply, and you will have made a friend through becoming Zac's pen pal. Here's the point, you either have to send a fan mail, get a personal reply, or meet him in person where he's likely to be. All of what I wrote is an opinion that you can be friends with your favorite actor! All you have to do is wait to become "lucky!" As time passed and I matured, I gained more respect for Zac and what he does! That's all!

Does what I wrote "fit" the topic?

yes it does lol Smile and thank you or putting all that time into writing that! Smile
12-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Many people have given good answers. I think it would have to be decided on a case by case basis.
I tend to take young people under my wing to teach and mold them (which is why I get called "adopted momma" and "literary momma"), and in response they usually love me in whatever way they can. I imagine I might also serve Zac in that capacity, helping him to understand himself and to teach him the wisdom to know what friends of his will be his undoing, either because of their alcoholism or addiction, or because they are using him. I might help him to discover himself and to keep his eye on the ball, not allowing himself to be sidetracked through peer pressure.
I'd also teach him about literature and art and he could teach me about film and his other interests. Our individual passions coincide and we would learn from each other.

This friendship would be very different than another fan friendship due to the nature of the people involved. Zac would echo differently with different people; the dynamics would be altered in every case. Age plays an important factor, obviously.

So yes, it is possible, but it is impossible to predict who could become a friend.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
12-12-2011, 04:20 PM
(12-11-2011 06:50 PM)Fruitfly Wrote:  Many people have given good answers. I think it would have to be decided on a case by case basis.
I tend to take young people under my wing to teach and mold them (which is why I get called "adopted momma" and "literary momma"), and in response they usually love me in whatever way they can. I imagine I might also serve Zac in that capacity, helping him to understand himself and to teach him the wisdom to know what friends of his will be his undoing, either because of their alcoholism or addiction, or because they are using him. I might help him to discover himself and to keep his eye on the ball, not allowing himself to be sidetracked through peer pressure.
I'd also teach him about literature and art and he could teach me about film and his other interests. Our individual passions coincide and we would learn from each other.

This friendship would be very different than another fan friendship due to the nature of the people involved. Zac would echo differently with different people; the dynamics would be altered in every case. Age plays an important factor, obviously.

So yes, it is possible, but it is impossible to predict who could become a friend.

nice answer! really, i though that was interesting, and ya i mean i would just basically, teach him how to be a normal person, you know? itd be like showing him a wholenother world! hahaha and thats true, it is bpossible but you dont know who...iguess you just hope for the best, like if you send a letter or something
12-12-2011, 05:49 PM
To be fair. I think Zac has the normal thing down, he has surrounded himself with people and has been brought up by family who would shoot him down the second he became anything but normal.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton