All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FANS AS FRIENDS?
11-02-2011, 07:47 AM
RE: FANS AS FRIENDS?
yeah Big Grin and he's not a famous person who snubs fans Smile

[Image: normal_013.jpg]

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe, and, sound....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2011, 07:52 AM
yes Big Grin he's great personality is the reason Smile

[Image: normal_013.jpg]

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe, and, sound....
11-02-2011, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2011 11:04 AM by cblodg.)
I would peg Kathryn in the friend/fan category. But that's just me.

And no, I don't think he's a drunk.
11-02-2011, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2011 03:06 PM by ILOVEYOUZACEFRONSOMUCH♥.)
(11-02-2011 07:08 AM)lashay12 Wrote:  
(11-02-2011 07:04 AM)Lafriend Wrote:  I think it depends on how much of a fan you are on the first meeting. If you are someone that respects him for his work and does not obsess over every aspect of his life and you have an interest in the industry or the same interests as him, you respect his privacy and know when to keep your mouth shut,then it's a good chance you could be seen as a friend rather than a fan.

i agree with this 100% And someone who treats him as a regular guy ,and not as a God then i think you have a better chance of being a friend. I think ZAC would respond more to his fans when they are not screaming and freaking out over him and when they talk to him as a normal guy.Big Grin

hahah soo trueee! i mean i think it would be awesomee<3

hahah so true you guys! Smile and i would def. treat him like a reg person becuase i think all that he is, his personality, how he treats life and people, it would just be really cool to be friends with a person like that in life, you kno? Heart
(11-02-2011 11:04 AM)cblodg Wrote:  I would peg Kathryn in the friend/fan category. But that's just me.

And no, I don't think he's a drunk.

what do you mean?
11-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Kathryn that Chris is referring to,is the wonderful women who created this forum

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't think Zac would have an issue being friends with someone that supports his decisions! I mean, that's what friends are, aren't they? I think he'd be more hesitant towards any of his fans because he might think they're using him for fame or to get to other celebrities, but I think he'd give it a shot!

Zac's not a drunk, he's a 24 year old guy celebrating his birthday. He likes to have fun, so why do people have to make such a big deal over it?
11-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I think about it this way and some people who are younger aren't going to see this until they are a little older....
....If u were famous and spent everyday having ur life being shown on TV and in magazines, wouldn't you want "normal" people? U wouldn't want a ton of people always acting like u were a God unless u were some ego jerk. Zac is no different than anyone else and while he appreciates fans....he needs real people who actually want to support him in a non obsessive way. I'm sure there are people around his age that would fit into that category, but no there isn't a snowflakes chance that some 13 yr old is going to become Zac's best friend. This isn't a made for TV movie lol.

and about his drinking....he's 24 so OBVIOUSLY he's going to be going out and having fun. Who's to say he's having 10 beers? Who's to say he's having 1 or 2. You just can't judge unless he himself is saying "Yeah I went out tonight and got totally wasted!" My bf can have what is equal to 7-8 drinks and be relaxed and come home and sleep calmly. Sure he stinks like Whiskey but he's still fine. I plan to drink and go out from time and time after Sunday night :] There is nothing wrong with a person going out and having a good time but if it gets out of control I'm sure someone will tell everyone on here ALL about it.
11-02-2011, 09:49 PM
(11-02-2011 09:44 PM)Stephanie Wrote:  I think about it this way and some people who are younger aren't going to see this until they are a little older....
....If u were famous and spent everyday having ur life being shown on TV and in magazines, wouldn't you want "normal" people? U wouldn't want a ton of people always acting like u were a God unless u were some ego jerk. Zac is no different than anyone else and while he appreciates fans....he needs real people who actually want to support him in a non obsessive way. I'm sure there are people around his age that would fit into that category, but no there isn't a snowflakes chance that some 13 yr old is going to become Zac's best friend. This isn't a made for TV movie lol.

and about his drinking....he's 24 so OBVIOUSLY he's going to be going out and having fun. Who's to say he's having 10 beers? Who's to say he's having 1 or 2. You just can't judge unless he himself is saying "Yeah I went out tonight and got totally wasted!" My bf can have what is equal to 7-8 drinks and be relaxed and come home and sleep calmly. Sure he stinks like Whiskey but he's still fine. I plan to drink and go out from time and time after Sunday night :] There is nothing wrong with a person going out and having a good time but if it gets out of control I'm sure someone will tell everyone on here ALL about it.

true true...lol but you never knwo like not everyone on here is OBSESSIVE and like would drive zac insane, you know what i mean? and who knows maybe one day some lucky teenager WILL be his best friend, i love blieving in big dreams and i always look on the bright and postivie side (:
11-06-2011, 09:59 AM
This is actually a profound question.

No, in Zac Efron's case, I don't think a fan can be a friend. A fan is fixated on Zac for his looks and public image, attributes which have nothing to do with friendship. Zac is a nice guy who doesn't like to disappoint people, so he's nice to his fans. But that's part of his work life, not his personal life. Who knows what his needs are when it comes to friendship.

There's almost nothing Zac can talk about with fans, especially younger fans, that isn't related to his work and celebrity. A guy his age needs friends his age to talk about the things that concern young men.

A better question is, Can Zac have any friends? Zac is friendly with a lot of people, but he probably has fewer and fewer real friends. There may be a couple left from high school, but they're getting jobs, getting married, moving on, and their lives are so different from his that they can hardly relate anymore – all they share now are memories.

Then there are all his Show Biz acquaintances, former cast mates and other people he's worked with, but those relationships can be awkward. He's doing a lot better than many of his former cast mates, and that can be hard on friendship (married couples have gotten divorced because one was more successful than the other). And then there's the chaotic lifestyle; when he's in town, they're not, and vice versa. So he meets these people for lunch once or twice a year or goes out for a night of whoopee if they're both in the same city at the same time. Zac can enjoy a busy social life, but it may not include any true friends - the people you sit up with after the party and talk about Life, the Universe, and Everything until dawn.

Zac had one real friend, someone he could talk to every day about everything, but that relationship was complicated by its romantic dimensions. It's probably a good thing he's close with his family; his mom and dad may be the only people he can totally trust and with whom he can really discuss his hopes and fears.
11-07-2011, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 04:37 PM by elle1234.)
Tongue RE: FANS AS FRIENDS?
RACHEL IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AngelBig GrinTongue
(11-07-2011 04:33 PM)elle1234 Wrote:  RACHEL IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AngelBig GrinTongue

Rachel is my daughter she just wanted to post something-she is not a big Zac fan-but I am.