All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Untitled Snabba Cash remake
10-14-2011, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2011 03:31 PM by d. b. wilyumz.)
Untitled Snabba Cash remake
The Snabba Cash remake was recently mentioned in the Heartland thread. For the sake of completeness, I'll start a thread on this project in development. Here's the news so far:

April 15, 2010

Zac is set to star and produce a remake of the Swedish thriller Snabba Cash. The film follows three interweaving, international story lines having to do with drugs and organized crime. Efron will play the lead character. It’s based on a novel by Jens Lapidus and, along with Efron, will be produced by his partner Jason Barrett, Chuck Roven, Richard Suckle and the producers of the original, Micky Hjorth and Fredrik Wikstrom.

Snabba Cash (which translates to “easy money”) opened this January [2010] in Sweden and ever since Universal, Summit, Paramount, Fox, The Weinstein Company and Mandate all made bids before Warners bought the project for Efron.

Warner bought a two-year option, so the film has to start production by Spring 2012 or the rights revert to the original producers.

October 1, 2010

Noah Oppenheim is set to write the remake of the acclaimed Swedish crime thriller Snabba Cash. The story centers on a man living a double-life as a money launderer for a coke dealer. Rachel Weisz is attached to play Jackie and Darren Aronofsky is on board to direct.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2011, 03:20 PM
RE: Untitled Snabba Cash remake
Here's a quote from a UK press conference during the CStC tour last year:

Q: Zac, You’ve recently started a production company and bought rights to a Swedish film is that correct? I just wondered what it’s called and what do you plan to do with it?

Zac: It’s called Snaba Cash or Starter Cash and you know we were looking at all sorts of things but trying to find something in the crime world. I really like the story because it’s a guy who for very innocent reasons finds himself in over his head which just about explains everything in my life at this point so I like that, and the movie was incredibly well done. So we’re having a really great time right now adapting it and making it more American...sort of.
10-14-2011, 07:57 PM
well, this movie was supposed to be in 2011 but idk what happened lol i thought they forgot it

[Image: normal_013.jpg]

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe, and, sound....
10-14-2011, 10:16 PM
I wonder what Zac meant when he said hes in over his head in his own life? maybe taking on too many projects at once?
10-15-2011, 06:00 AM
maybe something like that

10-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Probably since he still isn't used to the "hollywood scene" since he only just came to hollywood and started acting professionally when he was 17/18.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2011, 04:55 PM
tbh, he just seems like a regular guy.
10-15-2011, 09:58 PM
tbh = to be honest
10-16-2011, 01:26 AM
zac said once he wanted to be a normal guy. but i guess he accepted the face that he's a celeb now lol

10-17-2011, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2011 04:57 AM by Fearless.)
yeah, they're not perfect
http://ehs-wildcats.livejournal.com/464763.html