All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
you think zac should've starred in footloose?
10-12-2011, 06:04 AM
you think zac should've starred in footloose?
i've been seeing a lot of people complaining zac should've starred in the remake. personally, i dont think that's a good idea.

1) obviously, people are going to call him musical boy

2) people are bashing on the movie

so, you think zac should've starred in this movie or it's really good that he left it? discuss

[Image: normal_013.jpg]

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe, and, sound....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2011, 06:34 AM
RE: you think zac should've starred in footloose?
(10-12-2011 06:04 AM)Fearless Wrote:  i've been seeing a lot of people complaining zac should've starred in the remake. personally, i dont think that's a good idea.

1) obviously, people are going to call him musical boy

2) people are bashing on the movie

so, you think zac should've starred in this movie or it's really good that he left it? discuss

I haven't seen much bashing of the movie. As of now, Rotten Tomatoes has it at a 79% rating. Whether that holds or not is up in the air.

Do I think he should have stayed with it? Given what information we had at the time he left, the movie was falling apart. The script wasn't up to snuff (so he says) and pre-production was taking forever; for the longest time, Zac was the only cast member on the film. And let's not forget, this movie was originally slated to be released in 2010. After losing Zac, then his replacement in Chace Crawford, then Kenny Ortega jumped ship, the movie was all but shelved.

If this version is a success, of course people will say "he should have stuck with it." Hind sight is 20/20. Zac was looking for roles that would push him and he went with Charlie St. Cloud. At the time I thought it was a great career move. The book is awesome and I could really see how the movie could come together. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Charlie St. Cloud didn't turn out how I had hoped. Zac was great in the role, but the movie fell completely flat in the writing department.

Long story/opinion made short, we'll never know what Zac could have done with this role because we don't know how closely this project mimics what Zac left behind.
10-12-2011, 06:37 AM
@cdblog your opinion does have a point lol

10-12-2011, 08:08 AM
I'm sort of glad Zac isn't in Footloose. The trailer looks more like a Step Up movie than the original footloose.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2011, 08:12 AM
@mirandagirl true Smile and people kept complaining remakes sucks nowadays. i rly dont know if footloose would be a good movie if zac was in it but im so glad he's not in the movie

10-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Personally I think the best thing he did was pull out of the movie. The trailer looks really weird.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton
10-12-2011, 08:26 AM
(10-12-2011 08:12 AM)Fearless Wrote:  @mirandagirl true Smile and people kept complaining remakes sucks nowadays. i rly dont know if footloose would be a good movie if zac was in it but im so glad he's not in the movie
I'm glad Zac didn't try to replace Kevin Bacon.
Kevin Bacon will always be Ren McCormick
10-12-2011, 08:29 AM
(10-12-2011 08:26 AM)mirandagirl Wrote:  
(10-12-2011 08:12 AM)Fearless Wrote:  @mirandagirl true Smile and people kept complaining remakes sucks nowadays. i rly dont know if footloose would be a good movie if zac was in it but im so glad he's not in the movie
I'm glad Zac didn't try to replace Kevin Bacon.
Kevin Bacon will always be Ren McCormick

Agreed. It's like Dirty Dancing Patrick swayze will always be jonny and jennifer grey will always be baby.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton
10-12-2011, 08:30 AM
speaking of dirty dancing, i heard a rumour back then that zac was in talks too

10-12-2011, 08:41 AM
No, I don't want Zac in Dirty Dancing. tbh, he probably doesn't want to try and fill patrick swayze's shoes either.