All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Can Zac win an Oscar?
09-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Can Zac win an Oscar?
so...i just wanna bring back the topic again. do you think can win an oscar especially he has new movie the paperboy and heartland? discuss.

[Image: normal_013.jpg]

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe, and, sound....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2011, 08:55 AM
RE: Can Zac win an Oscar?
One day, perhaps. But I'm not so big on back-slapping awards like this. I know they are the biggest film awards in the world, but sometimes they are given out to films and artists that the paying public don't think that much of. Popular success is surely better. Would still love to see him win one though. Could you imagine the haters faces?!!!Big Grin
09-11-2011, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2011 10:38 AM by d. b. wilyumz.)
(09-11-2011 12:46 AM)qwerty Wrote:  so...i just wanna bring back the topic again. do you think can win an oscar especially he has new movie the paperboy and heartland? discuss.

Anything can happen, but I still think he hasn't earned enough credibility with the Hollywood crowd that does the voting. Most actors have a hard time finding work and they naturally resent those who seem to win success without a lot of effort and suffering. For example, his now-pal Sterling Knight said that he didn't like Zac before he was cast as Zac's "son" in 17 Again and got to work with him. There's a lot of prejudice because of the insane popularity of the HSM movies. I suspect that Zac will have to do a lot more work before he can erase the teen-idol stigma.

The best thing that could happen for Zac would be an Oscar nomination in the next few years. He would gain the prestige of being nominated, and all the haters would be satisfied that he didn't win.
09-12-2011, 06:38 AM
@MumofMerlin lol, haters are going to feel guilty when they see zac winning an oscar Wink and i agree with you Smile

@d. b. wilyumz yeah, it will really take time for zac to erase his disney image...and until now, haters still consider him as disney boy...but my best guess is that if ever zac was nominated for an oscar, he's disney image might be erased

09-12-2011, 07:55 AM
I don't think it will happen for a while yet....Maybe if all of these Films that are coming out are good and up for nomination he would be in for the running

Life is for living, love is for giving Smile
09-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Honestly, I love him. And I wish that he will win one someday, but for now;
I don't really think he plays in the same league as Deniro or Depp or Walken.

[Image: tumblr_m6ak8rlDUM1qgjxlno1_500.gif]

I'm no one special, just another wide-eyed girl
Who's desperately in love with you
Superstar
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-13-2011, 07:14 AM
i think he may have after 10 years lol i think it's too early for him. there was this girl name hailee steinfeld and she's only 14 and was able to get a nomination...zac might have one too. i mean, he's 23 and i think he's way more talented than hailee so why not make him have an oscar?

09-14-2011, 06:09 AM
unfortunately, critics still think zac is a talent less disney boy -_-

09-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Pardon my language but critics are talking balls there.........take on board I haven't seen any of the HSM Movies and I wasn't a fan of Zac.........but he played an excellent part in Charlie St Cloud

Life is for living, love is for giving Smile
09-14-2011, 12:27 PM
(09-11-2011 12:46 AM)qwerty Wrote:  so...i just wanna bring back the topic again. do you think can win an oscar especially he has new movie the paperboy and heartland? discuss.

I think... they will win a lot of awards for THE PAPERBOY... but i don't know if he will win an oscar still... :/ I hope he win one!

Heart

[Image: sinttulo1qip.jpg]