All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
the official tattoos thread!
10-16-2012, 01:53 PM
RE: the official tattoos thread!
oh that's awesome! it looks really nice too.

and yeah, i've always been someone who has loved body modifications--i should clarify that i don't love ALL of them, but most of them i can understand why someone would go through with it. maybe because i understand not being completely happy with your body (and wanting to add to it, this is going to sound super hippy but i like thinking that the body is a blank canvas and is yours to play around with). tattoos have always resonated deep within me.

i have two tattoos and i'm going to get two more (hopefully) within the next few weeks!

here are the tattoos that i have:

[Image: tumblr_mbrjluoZwi1r048p5.jpg]

ambivalence (n):

1. uncertainty or fluctuation, especially when caused by inability to make a choice or by a simultaneous desire to say or do two opposite or conflicting things.
Psychology . the coexistence within an individual of positive and negative feelings toward the same person, object, or action, simultaneously drawing him or her in opposite directions.

i got this tattoo for a couple of reasons, actually! the first is because i'm a very indecisive person. i'm hot and cold all of the time. my moods fluctuate greatly and i have a really hard time making huge decisions. i also got it because of it's roots with psychology, and psychology will always be something that means a whole great deal to me, and the definition of the word through psychology is something i can relate to, as well (loving or hating something at the same time, being drawn in different directions, etc etc). also, it's a literary tattoo! literature has always meant more than i could ever explain to me, and i'm so so so happy to have it inked on my skin :)

this is the tattoo that a lot of people don't get! many of my idiotic classmates thought i got it to cheat on the sats or acts, but it means a great deal to me.

here's my second:

[Image: tumblr_mbrjkzxmc31r048p5.jpg]

excuse the horrible picture, i got this taken about 2 hours after i'd gotten it so my wrist was still swollen and all of that good stuff.

this tattoo makes many people think i'm addicted to drugs (i'm not, i promise!) but it has a deeper meaning. there are two "chemicals" here, serotonin and dopamine. they mean happiness to me. i've suffered from depression for almost five years now and to mark a milestone with getting farther in therapy, i decided to award myself with a tattoo :)

this one will have more meaning than i could ever put into words. the tattoo is a little messed up, but i'm going to get it touched up when i go get my newest tattoos (hopefully)

i'll put the tattoos i want in a separate post, just so this one isn't so long. sorry for all of my rambling! :x

i like that you're a mess, that's what makes you real
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
the official tattoos thread! - gallagher - 10-14-2012, 11:01 PM
RE: the official tattoos thread! - BEE. - 10-15-2012, 08:54 PM
RE: the official tattoos thread! - gallagher - 10-16-2012 01:53 PM