All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HSM MARATHON
08-13-2012, 07:53 PM
HSM MARATHON
HEY guys! For all of you that don't know Disney is a HSM marathon and dance along this week! Big Grin EPPP! happy!

i love watching it, it makes me so happy with who Zac has become and will forever be<3

I'm the girl that lives in my world of dreams, to therefore make it my reality.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2012, 12:02 PM
RE: HSM MARATHON
I think this is unfortunate. As long as Disney keeps airing the HSM movies, Zac is never going to be allowed to grow up.

Every time he makes a public appearance I see all these young fangirls screaming and I wonder: where are they coming from? He's 24 years old and I can't believe that CStC or TLO produced these young fans. Then I remember that Disney is still blasting out HSM, and every year a new crop of 11-year-old girls falls in love with Zac.

I suppose in the long run these young fans will grow up and help support his mature movies, but right now they are just perpetuating his image as a teen heartthrob, and that image may be preventing him from being considered for serious dramatic parts by the major studios.
08-14-2012, 03:29 PM
What can I say other than it's the curse of Disney.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Sadly, Disney is going to keep playing HSM to keep the other stars relevant even though it is possibly hurting Zac's real career chances even if his career is moving into a better place.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
08-15-2012, 09:32 AM
(08-14-2012 03:29 PM)Londonlipton Wrote:  What can I say other than it's the curse of Disney.

It's funny in a painful kind of way. Without Disney casting him in HSM, he would be a relatively unknown actor today, doing one-shots on TV series or perhaps featured in the cast of some sitcom. But now that he is a big star, it's his Disney rep that's holding him back.
08-16-2012, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2012 11:47 AM by ILOVEYOUZACEFRONSOMUCH♥.)
i dont think its hurting zac...i mean like he said it himself, those movies like making them were some of the best times of his life you know? i mean i sure it probably doesnt make him look that mature but that WAS like 7 years ago! i mean come on people! fans obviously KNOW that he a) doesnt look like that anymore, hes more mature b) he doesnt play in these types of movies anymore c) why should we hate on other zac fans?

i mean like i enjoyed watching him, i thought it was cute his little dork moments (: i mean come on you guys HSM WAS like his big break so i mean idk why you guys just wont be happy. im not tryin to be mean or anything to you guys, cz you guys are awesome, im just saying like disney is going to keep replaying hsm cz it was a huuuuuuuuugggggggeeeeeeeee hit. i dont think its going to bring him down considering its been 7 years...

i mean i just dont think of him anymore as the hsm guy...i can see what your saying but i just dont see him like that anymore. more of like memories than his reputation

08-17-2012, 08:46 AM
(08-16-2012 11:44 AM)ILOVEYOUZACEFRONSOMUCH♥ Wrote:  i dont think its hurting zac...i mean like he said it himself, those movies like making them were some of the best times of his life you know? i mean i sure it probably doesnt make him look that mature but that WAS like 7 years ago! i mean come on people! fans obviously KNOW that he a) doesnt look like that anymore, hes more mature b) he doesnt play in these types of movies anymore c) why should we hate on other zac fans? ...

I wasn't talking about Zac's image with fans, I was talking about executives at major studios. They have not cast Zac in any big studio movies, and I am not alone in thinking that it is because of his teen heartthrob reputation. They don't want to risk a movie with a $100 million budget on a guy who only appeals to teenaged girls and wont draw the all-important 18-25 male audience and the general adult audience. Zac is making slow progress, and the movies he has coming out in the next few months will help, but he climbing uphill with the crushing weight of HSM on his shoulders.
08-17-2012, 04:55 PM
(08-17-2012 08:46 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(08-16-2012 11:44 AM)ILOVEYOUZACEFRONSOMUCH♥ Wrote:  i dont think its hurting zac...i mean like he said it himself, those movies like making them were some of the best times of his life you know? i mean i sure it probably doesnt make him look that mature but that WAS like 7 years ago! i mean come on people! fans obviously KNOW that he a) doesnt look like that anymore, hes more mature b) he doesnt play in these types of movies anymore c) why should we hate on other zac fans? ...

I wasn't talking about Zac's image with fans, I was talking about executives at major studios. They have not cast Zac in any big studio movies, and I am not alone in thinking that it is because of his teen heartthrob reputation. They don't want to risk a movie with a $100 million budget on a guy who only appeals to teenaged girls and wont draw the all-important 18-25 male audience and the general adult audience. Zac is making slow progress, and the movies he has coming out in the next few months will help, but he climbing uphill with the crushing weight of HSM on his shoulders.

maybe true, im just saying ik maybe now it might not seem great, but those were the times in his life when i dont think that he would REGRET that or wish he hadnt been in hsm. i get what your saying but you know then i guess those people are just missing out on zac Smile

08-18-2012, 12:00 PM
"i guess those people are just missing out on zac"

Not just them. We are all missing out, because Zac isn't getting to make as many movies as his talent deserves.

He has already testified that he doesn't regret HSM. Without that big success he wouldn't have been cast in 17 Again, CStC, NYE, or TLO. But he is not being cast as a lead by studios in their big action movies, so we are missing out there. Note that in Paperboy, At Any Price, and TIWILY, he is playing with other name stars. This is good. He will work his way out of the HSM problem, he just needs to hang on until he is 30. Then I think things will break open because he will be seen as a grown-up and a lot more parts for mature guys will open up.
08-18-2012, 01:06 PM
(08-18-2012 12:00 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  "i guess those people are just missing out on zac"

Not just them. We are all missing out, because Zac isn't getting to make as many movies as his talent deserves.

He has already testified that he doesn't regret HSM. Without that big success he wouldn't have been cast in 17 Again, CStC, NYE, or TLO. But he is not being cast as a lead by studios in their big action movies, so we are missing out there. Note that in Paperboy, At Any Price, and TIWILY, he is playing with other name stars. This is good. He will work his way out of the HSM problem, he just needs to hang on until he is 30. Then I think things will break open because he will be seen as a grown-up and a lot more parts for mature guys will open up.

This is why I'm hoping At Any Price does well at Venice and TIFF because it could not only get I'm cast in good studio projects, but be able to work with great directors. So I'm having my fingers crossed for that one. And that is true about hanging in there until he's 30. Most male actors don't really make it big til their late 20s early 30s i.e. Ryan Gosling, JGL, and Channing Tatum (even though Channing isn't as good am actor as all of them).

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.