All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum Meeting (Post Your Ideas Here)
06-20-2012, 03:08 PM
RE: Forum Meeting (All Opinions Welcome)
i don't really go on tumbler lol, but i check out twitter lol
i'll have to follow zefron Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2012, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2012 05:54 PM by Stephanie.)
I am honestly not seeing a change in this forum once so ever.
It's sad actually. Bee and I get that many people are off for the summer and are doing their own thing. I AGREE 1000% that people should be off the computer and out in the sunshine (unless ur me and there isn't any because you live in Washington lol) but this is just a few observations I'm seeing.

1) The same people who complain that the forum is "boring" are the same ones who won't do anything to participate.
2) Bee and I start up something and NOBODY does it even after saying they will. Other members have tried starting up stuff and nobody wants to do anything.
3) Since that Zanessa thread got closed, I'm just going to be brutally honest....we have hardly anybody here. If an EX COUPLE is the reason the forum was active then I am just appalled. This place has expanded beyond just being about Zac. It's supposed to be a place where friendship and closeness is made.
4) We are divided. There are 3 groups of people on this forum. Those who rp and rp only and never post. Those who sit around and complain all day but don't want to do anything. Those who want to participate and actually attempt to be friendly, approachable and helpful. THOSE are the people that you want for mods someday if this forum stays.

I do fear in all seriousness that this place will just die off.
Kathryn hasn't been on in a while and to be honest, I don't blame her.
I know it's not because of the forum that she's not here. She deserves a break after all she's done over the years but if I were her I'd be MIA too. I can't do that because we need moderators on here who help you guys out but sometimes I just want to walk off and see if anyone even misses Bee and I because we kinda feel like while there are a LOT of great people on this forum, a few remind us of 2 year olds who need to be babysat because one minute they are there and the next they are gone off to do something else because they got bored of the activity we were doing.

Bee and I want to be able to help in anyway we can but nobody is telling us how. We are not mind readers and honestly it's taking a lot of our time to put together different activities and threads that we are the only ones using for the most part.

I realize that most people won't read this and most of you don't care. You just don't. But this is for the few people who actually want to make this place bearable if not fun again. If you read this and it offends you GOOD. I didn't fill out my moderator application to sit around and be afraid to speak up. If you read this and want to leave, fine do it. But if you're reading this and it sparks something in you then do something with that spark. Don't sit around the forum and pretend it will all go away. Bee and I need help. We really do and if anyone cares about this forum or the well being of your moderators then you need to start to act upon it.

The common excuses used when anyone in the past has brought this up are.
1) Zac's not doing anything so nobody is on.
Yes and no. I haven't seen a huge turn out for much of anything on here anymore so I don't think Zac's lack of movies is doing a whole lot either way to this forum.

2) People are growing up.
Yes but that doesn't mean people can't still come on and vote or read a dang magazine or whatever is going on. I'm not saying people need to act like 13 yr old starstruck fan girls who wanted Zac's body all day everyday but this is a place a lot of us grow up on and it's sad that we're willing to let it slip away. I know how it is to be older on here. People made fun of me in HS for being on here so I kept this a secret. My bf knows I'm on here and he calls me his little nerd for it but idc. I just keep this to myself and don't let anyone put me down.

3) Lack of activities
I call the bluff on this one. There are in fact TOO many things going on. So much that my head is spinning.

4) Zanessa is broken up.
Wow....just wow...like I said Zanessa is NOT ZAC! They were two separate people and if that's all that people are on here for then they need to find another place they are happier. I can't make people stay but it's sad when people don't care.

idk I am just heartbroken and yes I take this very personal because deep down I do feel this is partly because of me. I'm not that cushy sweet little moderator who sat behind her wall of "justice" and kept her opinions to herself. The moderator who never posted and never raised her voice. This is who I am and I'm sorry if people voted wrong. I'm sorry that I can't be everything people wanted. Bee will always fit that bill with the sweet moderator who is quiet. I'm just going to say it like it is. We need more people on here or pretty soon Bee and I are going to turn into gargoyles sitting on the ledge waiting to be awaken.

undefined
06-25-2012, 07:35 PM
I pretty much agree. And honestly I feel like coming on here less and less now, I'm not gonna lie here. I really almost want to.

But yeah, I agree. This place has gotten out of control, and right now, it feels like there's nothing we can do to fix it, but I know this forum will be the forum we all fell in love with in the first place.

I mainly agree about the whole Zanessa thing. No one even once had any positive thinking and it was so full of fights everyday. I for one am glad it's shut down and there's no more Zanessa drama anymore. Thank god.

But I feel it's ALL of us who are to blame. It has to be said here. ALL of us allowed this to happen to the forum, not just Kathryn and whoever else was in charge. We saw it happening, and we did nothing to stop it until it was too late and it blew up in our faces.

Let's face it. We need more responsibility around here and we need to try to find a way to get this place back on track. Not impossible, but it's not gonna be easy either. I know this place will be the forum we all know and love.

But unless we start taking action here and trying to help this forum, not just for Zac, but for ourselves, we can see all the positive energy come back.

Once a stone heart shattered and came along a true love so pure and sweet.

"I have the best fans in the world, gay and straight....
A person is a person."- Colton Haynes on his fans.
06-25-2012, 08:11 PM
i totally agree with you guys Big Grin
06-25-2012, 08:21 PM
I agree that we should try and get this place more fun. But I never really understood why the lack of Zac news or the Zanessa thread are reasons for this forum losing members. Zac is about as active as he was in 2004/2005, so I don't know. That excuse seems like, not true. I really don't see how we lost members because the Zanessa thread closed. I mean most of the people on that thread, I never saw anywhere else on the forum. Unless that changed 3 years ago. I still think that the main reason is because there are so many places people can go for Zac now compared to when the forum opened. There are a whole bunch of Zac fans on tumblr, a whole different group on livejournal, and others on twitter. This isn't a central location for Zac fans anymore because of the newer social media sites.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2012, 08:28 PM
idk do u think that people just want more current up to date zac news?
06-25-2012, 08:33 PM
(06-25-2012 08:28 PM)Firefly Wrote:  idk do u think that people just want more current up to date zac news?

Idk, I think the fact that this isn't the only place Zac fans have to converse then that's contributing. Like maybe if this could be the collective place for Zac fans on forums, that would help. Because there are multiple orums or Zac fans as of now.

{c} michelle.
06-25-2012, 08:36 PM
yeah lol
there really isn't much we can do about that either
06-25-2012, 08:42 PM
(06-25-2012 08:36 PM)Firefly Wrote:  yeah lol
there really isn't much we can do about that either

If I knew of other Zac forums, I would go on there to promote this one.

{c} michelle.
06-25-2012, 08:45 PM
lol yeah me too
isn't this the only one though