All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rants.
02-15-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Rants.
No arguments started but if this is about me miranda I can promise you i do not have a twitter. I have facebook and msn but no twitter. Smile x
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2012, 06:27 PM
(02-15-2012 06:05 PM)ebryant1993 Wrote:  No arguments started but if this is about me miranda I can promise you i do not have a twitter. I have facebook and msn but no twitter. Smile x

No, it's not about you.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Ok, thanks for letting me know.
02-15-2012, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2012 07:21 PM by Fruitfly.)
One thing I've discovered about life is that not all people will like you all the time. Moreover, some people will hate you most of the time.

There is no way around this. Believe it or not, sometimes this is due to jealousy (and if you're like me, you'll think "Why in the Sam Hill is she jealous of ME??!" But it happens, and for strange reasons.)

The best thing you can do is 1) grow a thick skin 2) avoid gossip. Tell your friends you don't want to hear any more about her. As far as you're concerned, she does not exist in your universe, and if she does not exist she cannot speak. The only property of a vaccum is suction.

If they're your real friends, they'll do what you ask. If they are people who thrive on creating and perpetuating drama (there are females who do, which is about as understandable as the jealousy thing) then you'll find out quickly.

And when you find yourself thinking about her, imagine a giant black hole sucking her into a nether region of space. It will make you feel better.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
02-15-2012, 09:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0elkKZ8mGc

Here's a rant I made about how people react to Valentine's Day, both positively and negatively. I'm so happy this thread is here, because I'm sure I'll need it AT LEAST three times a week...or once a day, that's cool too. (;
02-15-2012, 09:11 PM
(02-15-2012 07:18 PM)Fruitfly Wrote:  One thing I've discovered about life is that not all people will like you all the time. Moreover, some people will hate you most of the time.

There is no way around this. Believe it or not, sometimes this is due to jealousy (and if you're like me, you'll think "Why in the Sam Hill is she jealous of ME??!" But it happens, and for strange reasons.)

The best thing you can do is 1) grow a thick skin 2) avoid gossip. Tell your friends you don't want to hear any more about her. As far as you're concerned, she does not exist in your universe, and if she does not exist she cannot speak. The only property of a vaccum is suction.

If they're your real friends, they'll do what you ask. If they are people who thrive on creating and perpetuating drama (there are females who do, which is about as understandable as the jealousy thing) then you'll find out quickly.

And when you find yourself thinking about her, imagine a giant black hole sucking her into a nether region of space. It will make you feel better.

People have been telling me to "grow a thick skin" since I was like 10. I'm just a sensitive person by nature.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
02-16-2012, 03:02 AM
I'm a sensitive person also if someone yells at me for a stupid thing I usually start to cry or if I see a sad movie tv show I bawl my eyes out. I have had someone say hurtfull things to me on fanfiction.net but after I got that I blocked them and ever since then the person hasnt hurt me since because well I blocked them. why do people have to bully other people. I also got teased when i was in school but I just ignored all those stuck up popular B'ss and once I got out of school it was so much better.

[Image: 3523ccz.gif]
Signature Made by Michelle thanks so much I just love it
02-17-2012, 02:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2012 02:13 AM by Stephanie.)
(02-15-2012 07:18 PM)Fruitfly Wrote:  One thing I've discovered about life is that not all people will like you all the time. Moreover, some people will hate you most of the time.

This is very true, the part about people thriving on drama. I admit there are times when something I found out is "interesting" but I have people in my life who are all about calling me out on fb and telling me I'm wrong and making me feel stupid because I don't ALWAYS agree that my bf is right 24/7. I get that this is his cousin and her best friend (who wants my bf yet she's married, her husband left her for a 16 yr old and she's got a 7 month old baby) ANYWAY, I don't like it when people take an innocent status update about "What movie describes your relationship," and BECAUSE I said The Notebook has qualities and quotes from the movie that describe my bf and I ...both these girls get upset and say I'm being rude because I'm not saying that my bf is perfect because he's perfect in their eyes.

Yes...I love him dearly and I want to eventually be married him and have a life and family BUT if a person really thinks about it, do you want a man who is "perfect." If he's perfect then he's not human and I'm far from perfect so I need someone to balance me out with messing up sometimes. If I wanted someone who didn't add anything to my life and was exactly like me in every way I'd have married myself :/

So I've come to understand that both of these girls are jealous of me and I'm not really angry anymore. Mind you these girls and I just started speaking again after a 5 month period of time where they called me names to my bf and said I was worthless. They got drunk one night a few weeks ago and we've been fine for the most part for about 2 weeks ever since. One of them is my bf's family and another is considering herself his family SO I've got to learn to love them despite how bad they treat me when they are on a jealous spree. As I mentioned before his cousin's best friend is a single mom living with his cousin's family. She has wanted my bf LONG before I even knew he existed. I can do nothing but feel sorry for her because if you look at her life...it sucks but it's her own fault. You don't date a man who beats you while pregnant because you won't have sex despite telling him it hurts too much with a baby in ya AND then MARRY him only so he can cheat on you and leave and basically abandon his 7 month old baby girl. idk who's dumber, her or him lol. His cousin can't hold a relationship and has been engaged 3 times and collects engagement rings for a hobby. She wants her own cousin I SWEAR lol. If he wasn't her cousin she'd be with him and we all know it.

Anyway, idk where I was going with this but for anyone reading this rant of mine, people are twisted. They do things that are just REALLY mean and uncalled for in the name of jealousy. Thing is if you know you're better off than they are then don't even let them bug you because chances are they wish they were you and want your life. You just need to love and pray for them and hope they too find happiness in whatever way they are search for it.

(02-15-2012 09:01 PM)samfron. Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0elkKZ8mGc

Here's a rant I made about how people react to Valentine's Day, both positively and negatively. I'm so happy this thread is here, because I'm sure I'll need it AT LEAST three times a week...or once a day, that's cool too. (;

I love this. I'm a little guilty of my vday obsession with things needing to be perfect for my bf and I BUT I agree. People need to realize that having a bf or being single isn't the end of the world or the biggest deal in the world on Vday. I spent 19 yrs of my life single and have loved the past two with my bf but it's been hard too. Finding a gift for ur bf is a little humbling because giving ur bf chocolate isn't exactly the most "romantic" but when ur on a budget due to being in college full time and not having a job, you tend to cut back on ur splurges even for the bf.

I moped around for a long time but realized that eventually I'd have someone on vday. I did my dues and now I'm happy where I am but my bf and I celebrate everyday together and honestly Vday wasn't any different than usual except more chocolate. I am with him because I love him, not to get gifts and crap on vday so I totally get ur rant.
02-18-2012, 09:49 PM
I remember in school a girl called me a name that hurt but I didnt stand up for myself because I was a shy girl I didnt talk much in school and I pretty much only had one good friend but I dont talk to her much anymore. there are some days I want to stand up for myself too but I dont because I dont know what to say. people can just be a holes but theres nothing we can do about them.

heres my rant for the day. I went to work and my boss has the schedules 3 weeks ahead of time well on the 7 through the 16th I will be on vacation Im going to Vegas and California Smile but anyways I put those days off a couple weeks ago and i turned in the sheet well I look today and hes got me scheduled to work some of thos days in the week in a half since I will be gone well now I got to write him a note saying I need those days off it just pissed me off because I put those days down and he puts me on anyways so like I said noe I got to write him a note because he doesnt work weekends and i got off monday and I cant get out of going on my trip there is no freaking way that i am missing my trip what so ever so if he doesnt like it tough because I put those days off a couple weeks ago. I will tell him to look for the sheet because Im sure if I said that he will probably say I didnt see any sheet blah blah blah but I know i put those days off down I will show him I was right then he has to change the schedule because like I said I am not missing my vacation.

[Image: 3523ccz.gif]
Signature Made by Michelle thanks so much I just love it
02-18-2012, 11:06 PM
(02-18-2012 09:49 PM)SLE Wrote:  I remember in school a girl called me a name that hurt but I didnt stand up for myself because I was a shy girl I didnt talk much in school and I pretty much only had one good friend but I dont talk to her much anymore. there are some days I want to stand up for myself too but I dont because I dont know what to say. people can just be a holes but theres nothing we can do about them.

heres my rant for the day. I went to work and my boss has the schedules 3 weeks ahead of time well on the 7 through the 16th I will be on vacation Im going to Vegas and California Smile but anyways I put those days off a couple weeks ago and i turned in the sheet well I look today and hes got me scheduled to work some of thos days in the week in a half since I will be gone well now I got to write him a note saying I need those days off it just pissed me off because I put those days down and he puts me on anyways so like I said noe I got to write him a note because he doesnt work weekends and i got off monday and I cant get out of going on my trip there is no freaking way that i am missing my trip what so ever so if he doesnt like it tough because I put those days off a couple weeks ago. I will tell him to look for the sheet because Im sure if I said that he will probably say I didnt see any sheet blah blah blah but I know i put those days off down I will show him I was right then he has to change the schedule because like I said I am not missing my vacation.

That's the reason I quit both Bath and Body Works in the mall and Baskin Robbins. They couldn't figure out wtf they were doing when it came to scheduling cause they got some idiots running the place. It's like can't my town hire decent people who actually want to give people time to have a life at least a little. I'd get it if it was like the hospital or some sort of "career" but when you have some fat old lady working behind the scenes at BBW and some mean Indian princess managing Baskin Robbins (She always claimed she was Cherokee but wtf so am I and you don't see me trying to get reservation benefits lol) and making it seem like it's the best dang job you're ever going to have. ....you know you're in the wrong place. I'm sorry but if the place is under or over staffed then you need to change some things and selling perfume and ice cream HARDLY qualifies for needed services lol.

Ughhh lol I feel ur pain. I hate jobs like that.