All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Poll: Single or Taken?
Single
Taken
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Valentine's Day
02-10-2012, 11:33 PM
RE: Valentine's Day
(02-10-2012 11:26 PM)SLE Wrote:  I have to work that day anyway so I wont miss much. my parents have been married for almost 30 years and they dont celebrate Valentines day anymore they dont even buy each other gifts anymore but they are like who cares. like I said I never had a boyfriend so this holiday isnt my favorite.

That's exactly how it is with my parents. Still married after 30 years and don't really care about Valentines Day

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2012, 11:35 PM
yup I think its more for the younger couples that really want to celebrate it I could care less about it but it could all change one of these when or if I ever get a boyfriend lol. I like being single so it doesnt matter to me.

[Image: 3523ccz.gif]
Signature Made by Michelle thanks so much I just love it
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2012, 04:21 AM
I'm single and don't really find Valentine's Day important. I do hope one day I'll be in a relationship with a lovely guy though! Could be next year or even sometime this year. Wink
02-11-2012, 04:28 AM
(02-10-2012 11:35 PM)SLE Wrote:  yup I think its more for the younger couples that really want to celebrate it I could care less about it but it could all change one of these when or if I ever get a boyfriend lol. I like being single so it doesnt matter to me.

It may or may not change. I know a lot of people who don't care and are married/dating/single/divorced whatever their status. For me I liked the idea of V'day but it scared me having to get a guy a gift since I'd never had to do it before since every guy I dated wasn't with me during that time or dumped me the day before. Now I still feel like a cheap loser with my bf just cause I don't have a job and I'm a poor college student living off my parents while he works hard and everything too plus college and he still manages to buy me amazing things. I'll probably just end up getting him a LOT of candy but I know he's fine with that. Food is a way to a man's heart Tongue

My parents still buy little things for each other on V'day and dad buys mom nice jewelry that she claims she doesn't need lol. idk I've always had my parents as the example of that you DO buy for each other sorta. Nothing big for the guy and something nice for the girl. Seems unfair but V'day is all about the woman. The guy doesn't give a crap.
02-11-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm single, and I don't really care.
To me, it's just another day. I don't really see a distinct point in it.
I mean, it's nice to do something special with your significant other or whatever, but if you want, you should just do it.
I just feel like people take the day too seriously.

[Image: 11imzxw.gif]
- zefron member since '06.
02-11-2012, 11:49 AM
(02-11-2012 11:37 AM)michelle. Wrote:  I'm single, and I don't really care.
To me, it's just another day. I don't really see a distinct point in it.
I mean, it's nice to do something special with your significant other or whatever, but if you want, you should just do it.
I just feel like people take the day too seriously.

Agreed

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
02-14-2012, 06:52 PM
I got a beautiful rose, a card, plenty of candy, many text messages, and a big beautiful teddy bear. Then tonight I'm going out to eat with my brother and mother

Enjoy the rest of you pr V Day everybody single or not

Just don't commit suicide! Smile

[Image: tumblr_lruddxOgoM1qlpcpdo1_500.gif]
From the year 2000 to the present and so on, I have always and forever loved Jesse Abraham Arthur McCartney
02-14-2012, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2012 10:37 PM by Stephanie.)
Things started out rocky cause I thought my bf wasn't going to be there for V'day with me till late and I was mad but it turns out that he was telling me that so he could SURPRISE ME! I'm so happy now. I got chocolate and more chocolate from my parents and I got a teddy bear and a red rose and a box of chocolate from my bf that was led by rose pedals up the stairs. It was cute.

I'm a little like ehhh about him not proposing to me but the thing is it's okay because v'day is kinda like THE day besides New yrs eve to ask stuff like that so me and 2039399 other people would be feeling that way lol. I'd be beyond happy if that happened but I wasn't really expecting it.