All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Ever After Part
02-05-2012, 12:32 AM
RE: The Ever After Part
You don't like the plot idea?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2012, 12:37 AM
I think it has the potential to be a good movie which is why I can see past a few faults in the current storyline.
Of course, this is still in the development stages, so the story will most likely change before it is actually put into production.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2012, 12:51 AM
I love movies about weddings lol.
02-05-2012, 11:52 AM
(02-05-2012 12:32 AM)Firefly Wrote:  You don't like the plot idea?

The basic story problem seems to be how to justify what the female lead does -- he's a directionless slacker and she's got a career, fiance, and lives by the rules. So why does she throw it all over for this younger, immature guy? Hot sex isn't enough -- she could have her fling and then get back to business. Her motivation has to be believable or the story won't work.
02-05-2012, 12:09 PM
(02-05-2012 11:52 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  

The basic story problem seems to be how to justify what the female lead does -- he's a directionless slacker and she's got a career, fiance, and lives by the rules. So why does she throw it all over for this younger, immature guy? Hot sex isn't enough -- she could have her fling and then get back to business. Her motivation has to be believable or the story won't work.

I see what you're saying. Like it doesn't quite make sense like what you said about the motivation of the female character. But the way you're making it sound (or probably just the story) it sounds like the relationship between the characters in the Notebook.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
02-05-2012, 12:12 PM
(02-05-2012 11:52 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  

The basic story problem seems to be how to justify what the female lead does -- he's a directionless slacker and she's got a career, fiance, and lives by the rules.

Exactly. As a woman who fits into this category, all a man like that would be good for is sex.

The writer does not seem to know his or her characters, and that's a bad sign. He or she might stick to writing a plot-driven story (ie: events push them together rather than them being drawn to each other). Character-driven stories require an intimate knowledge of the psyche of individuals and how they work, which is harder than using events to lead to romance.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
02-06-2012, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 11:02 AM by d. b. wilyumz.)
(02-05-2012 12:12 PM)Fruitfly Wrote:  The writer does not seem to know his or her characters, and that's a bad sign. He or she might stick to writing a plot-driven story (ie: events push them together rather than them being drawn to each other). Character-driven stories require an intimate knowledge of the psyche of individuals and how they work, which is harder than using events to lead to romance.

Correct. But perhaps knowledge of the characters isn't the problem, the problem is designing the wrong characters for this story to work. Start with the basic premise: she's older, he's younger. Plot challenge: why would she abandon her plans and established behavior for him, except for a quick meeting of The Mile-High Club? There is no motivation in the basic premise beyond sex. So maybe for story purposes one or both of them should be different kinds of people. As currently designed, these two characters are exactly the kind that would not establish a serious relationship.

"He or she might stick to writing a plot-driven story (ie: events push them together rather than them being drawn to each other)"

Haha, sounds like New Year's Eve.
02-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Doesn't sound too interesting to me either :/

Its like CSC, TLO, NYE and 17 again all meshed in one... With the cougar/love story aspect.

Imho this could either be really funny (albeit typical romcom) or just cheesy and makes no sense yet everyone will watch it for the hotness lol
05-02-2012, 02:29 AM
I'm kinda excited for this movie lol wonder who'll play Zac's love interest...

[Image: normal_013.jpg]

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe, and, sound....
05-26-2012, 12:10 AM
yeah i really hope this movie goes through
i think the plot sounds super interesting lol