All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FANS AS FRIENDS?
11-07-2011, 04:58 PM
RE: FANS AS FRIENDS?
(11-07-2011 04:33 PM)elle1234 Wrote:  RACHEL IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AngelBig GrinTongue
(11-07-2011 04:33 PM)elle1234 Wrote:  RACHEL IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AngelBig GrinTongue

Rachel is my daughter she just wanted to post something-she is not a big Zac fan-but I am.

Aww

[Image: Beeinhollywood.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2011, 05:14 PM
(11-06-2011 09:59 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  This is actually a profound question.

No, in Zac Efron's case, I don't think a fan can be a friend. A fan is fixated on Zac for his looks and public image, attributes which have nothing to do with friendship. Zac is a nice guy who doesn't like to disappoint people, so he's nice to his fans. But that's part of his work life, not his personal life. Who knows what his needs are when it comes to friendship.

There's almost nothing Zac can talk about with fans, especially younger fans, that isn't related to his work and celebrity. A guy his age needs friends his age to talk about the things that concern young men.

A better question is, Can Zac have any friends? Zac is friendly with a lot of people, but he probably has fewer and fewer real friends. There may be a couple left from high school, but they're getting jobs, getting married, moving on, and their lives are so different from his that they can hardly relate anymore – all they share now are memories.

Then there are all his Show Biz acquaintances, former cast mates and other people he's worked with, but those relationships can be awkward. He's doing a lot better than many of his former cast mates, and that can be hard on friendship (married couples have gotten divorced because one was more successful than the other). And then there's the chaotic lifestyle; when he's in town, they're not, and vice versa. So he meets these people for lunch once or twice a year or goes out for a night of whoopee if they're both in the same city at the same time. Zac can enjoy a busy social life, but it may not include any true friends - the people you sit up with after the party and talk about Life, the Universe, and Everything until dawn.

Zac had one real friend, someone he could talk to every day about everything, but that relationship was complicated by its romantic dimensions. It's probably a good thing he's close with his family; his mom and dad may be the only people he can totally trust and with whom he can really discuss his hopes and fears.

ACCURATE

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2011, 02:02 PM
(11-06-2011 09:59 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  This is actually a profound question.

No, in Zac Efron's case, I don't think a fan can be a friend. A fan is fixated on Zac for his looks and public image, attributes which have nothing to do with friendship. Zac is a nice guy who doesn't like to disappoint people, so he's nice to his fans. But that's part of his work life, not his personal life. Who knows what his needs are when it comes to friendship.

There's almost nothing Zac can talk about with fans, especially younger fans, that isn't related to his work and celebrity. A guy his age needs friends his age to talk about the things that concern young men.

A better question is, Can Zac have any friends? Zac is friendly with a lot of people, but he probably has fewer and fewer real friends. There may be a couple left from high school, but they're getting jobs, getting married, moving on, and their lives are so different from his that they can hardly relate anymore – all they share now are memories.

Then there are all his Show Biz acquaintances, former cast mates and other people he's worked with, but those relationships can be awkward. He's doing a lot better than many of his former cast mates, and that can be hard on friendship (married couples have gotten divorced because one was more successful than the other). And then there's the chaotic lifestyle; when he's in town, they're not, and vice versa. So he meets these people for lunch once or twice a year or goes out for a night of whoopee if they're both in the same city at the same time. Zac can enjoy a busy social life, but it may not include any true friends - the people you sit up with after the party and talk about Life, the Universe, and Everything until dawn.

Zac had one real friend, someone he could talk to every day about everything, but that relationship was complicated by its romantic dimensions. It's probably a good thing he's close with his family; his mom and dad may be the only people he can totally trust and with whom he can really discuss his hopes and fears.

I would love to know what you are basing this observation on, the fact you believe he has no friends Huh

[Image: bbt.gif]

sig by BBT

Ang Angel
11-30-2011, 03:08 PM
(11-30-2011 02:02 PM)Zacefronitis Wrote:  

I would love to know what you are basing this observation on, the fact you believe he has no friends Huh

This was not an observation, it was a question with some added analysis. I don't know if Zac has any real friends. Part of the problem is the definition of "friends". I don't mean friends in the broad sense - people you know at school or work and with whom you are friendly and even occasionally share some social situation. I'm talking about intimate friends, people you share your inner life with. I'm speculating that with his hectic life and difficult celebrity status, Zac may find it very difficult to make and sustain that kind of friendship.
11-30-2011, 03:48 PM
(11-30-2011 03:08 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  

This was not an observation, it was a question with some added analysis. I don't know if Zac has any real friends. Part of the problem is the definition of "friends". I don't mean friends in the broad sense - people you know at school or work and with whom you are friendly and even occasionally share some social situation. I'm talking about intimate friends, people you share your inner life with. I'm speculating that with his hectic life and difficult celebrity status, Zac may find it very difficult to make and sustain that kind of friendship.

Well he has a guy who travels with him on trips who is also his friend. But he has said before it is hard to make time for everyone he wants to see. Zac has also said before he shuts himself off from people when he's on set so I don't suppose that helps, but I am sure he has a few people he trusts Smile I would also count Ashley as one of his friends.

sig by BBT

Ang Angel
12-01-2011, 11:00 AM
(11-30-2011 03:48 PM)Zacefronitis Wrote:  Well he has a guy who travels with him on trips who is also his friend. But he has said before it is hard to make time for everyone he wants to see. Zac has also said before he shuts himself off from people when he's on set so I don't suppose that helps, but I am sure he has a few people he trusts Smile I would also count Ashley as one of his friends.

You may be right about Ashley, but they can't see each other very often, and her boyfriend might wonder if they spent any alone-time together. His traveling friend gets paid as a personal assistant on some movie projects and no doubt has his and his wife's expenses paid when they travel for fun, so that's a bit complicated. How do you tell your friend that he's full of it when he's paying the bills?

All this illustrates my point: It's very difficult for someone in Zac's position to cultivate and enjoy intimate friendships. Maybe he's managing it, but it can't be easy and it may not last.
12-01-2011, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2011 04:46 PM by Zacefronitis.)
(12-01-2011 11:00 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(11-30-2011 03:48 PM)Zacefronitis Wrote:  Well he has a guy who travels with him on trips who is also his friend. But he has said before it is hard to make time for everyone he wants to see. Zac has also said before he shuts himself off from people when he's on set so I don't suppose that helps, but I am sure he has a few people he trusts Smile I would also count Ashley as one of his friends.

You may be right about Ashley, but they can't see each other very often, and her boyfriend might wonder if they spent any alone-time together. His traveling friend gets paid as a personal assistant on some movie projects and no doubt has his and his wife's expenses paid when they travel for fun, so that's a bit complicated. How do you tell your friend that he's full of it when he's paying the bills?

All this illustrates my point: It's very difficult for someone in Zac's position to cultivate and enjoy intimate friendships. Maybe he's managing it, but it can't be easy and it may not last.

I just see it differently. I see that maybe he likes having his friend travel with him and offered to pay for him to go. I hope he would want to choose someone he trusted and not someone who will tell him BS- he could employ a professional PA for that lol Wink

He was also friends with Ashley before her boyfriend came along. Granted they can't meet up but that doesn't stop them being friends. I see my best friend once a year but we're still best friends.

sig by BBT

Ang Angel
12-01-2011, 05:12 PM
(12-01-2011 04:43 PM)Zacefronitis Wrote:  I just see it differently. I see that maybe he likes having his friend travel with him and offered to pay for him to go. I hope he would want to choose someone he trusted and not someone who will tell him BS- he could employ a professional PA for that lol Wink

He was also friends with Ashley before her boyfriend came along. Granted they can't meet up but that doesn't stop them being friends. I see my best friend once a year but we're still best friends.

The difference is probably in our definition of "friend." I draw a real distinction between people we like and are friendly with, and intimate friends. If "once a year" is the standard, then Zac has hundreds of friends.
12-01-2011, 06:29 PM

honestly, i dont TOTALLY agree, i mean like i think zac would be open to the idea, and he meets lots of new friends through movies...
12-02-2011, 11:10 AM
(12-01-2011 05:12 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(12-01-2011 04:43 PM)Zacefronitis Wrote:  I just see it differently. I see that maybe he likes having his friend travel with him and offered to pay for him to go. I hope he would want to choose someone he trusted and not someone who will tell him BS- he could employ a professional PA for that lol Wink

The difference is probably in our definition of "friend." I draw a real distinction between people we like and are friendly with, and intimate friends. If "once a year" is the standard, then Zac has hundreds of friends.

That's the point I was making. I don't believe he has to see his friends all the time to be intimate. Gosh that sounds suggestive but you know what I mean! Tongue

sig by BBT

Ang Angel