All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
you think zac should've starred in footloose?
10-23-2011, 10:16 AM
RE: you think zac should've starred in footloose?
(10-20-2011 02:30 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  That's the thing though....it wasn't a musical at all.

Since the original concept kind of fell apart and it turned into just a dance movie, it's really a good thing Zac turned it down, because he's not a trained dancer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2011, 10:36 AM
I've seen the original & the new one. I have to say that I loved both versions, although the second one went more in to depth about the loss of the main female character's brother.

I really do believe that if Zac stuck with this movie, he surely could have pulled it off no matter what others may believe/say. I was quite shocked he passed on it, but it was ultimately his decision in the end.

I would LOVE to have seen him do all those dancing routines because let's just admit it, Zac is a wonderful male dancer/singer & I don't really think anyone can deny that. But since he decided to turn it down, I surely can live with that & do/would love to see him try other things than a musical, although that is what started me liking him in the first place because of High School Musical.

[Image: 33xc8rr.jpg]
Sig By: Me
ZEfronAttackCom
Been A Zefronite Since: August 2007
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2011, 10:55 AM
(10-23-2011 10:36 AM)Twilight Wrote:  ...although that is what started me liking him in the first place because of High School Musical.

Zac would not have become a major star without High School Musical. It was the perfect vehicle to showcase his talents and charm. It's also important that HSM was a cable movie, which doesn't have as much prestige as theatrical movies. But Disney already had the young teen audience for this kind of thing and could easily promote the debut of HSM on its own channel. This couldn't have happened for a theatrical movie.
10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
As an FYI (not that it matters): This version of Footloose to date (10 days) has made just under $37 Million (international included).

In that same 10-day span:

HSM3 made $62 Million (made $252.9 Million total).
Hairspray made roughly $59.6 Million (made $202.5 Million total)
17 Again made just under $40 Million (made $64 Million total)
Charlie St. Cloud just under $23.5 Million (made $48 Million total)

The money numbers don't really mean anything, but it's a good indication to show what Zac's movies have done in the same time span as Footloose. Footloose will probably beat Charlie St. Cloud as that movie bombed by all accounts. It may beat 17 Again, but it will not touch Hairspray nor HSM3.

The only comparable movie to Footloose Zac has done would be Hairspray and I don't think Footloose has the staying power to match that movie's gross.
11-01-2011, 08:24 PM
^^You have a good point in terms of gross. That's a valid argument

My life is boring but who said it had to be full of excitement? No one!

My favorite kind of day is a drama free day.Cool