All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wedding Ideas For Stephanie
02-05-2013, 02:10 AM
Wedding Ideas For Stephanie
I've got almost 2 years (I think) to plan my wedding so I'm literally just gathering ideas and having fun playing around with what I like or don't like. SO I figured there will be people on here who've been to weddings, had their own or just like the idea of this magical time and would like to throw ideas at me. I have some....but I'd like to idk just talk about it lol.

This will be a freestanding thread for a while to update people on stuff and to help me get ideas. I'm kinda stressed about the thought of being in front of so many people and I just pray I don't fall lol. Kinda hard to wait two years but we'll see what happens.

undefined
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 06:29 PM by mirandagirl.)
RE: Wedding Ideas For Stephanie
I saw this, and thought it was cute

[Image: 9xkxfCF.jpg]

[Image: tfz9HUW.jpg]

[Image: u3Fxssn.jpg]

[Image: ZYGMz5Z.jpg]

[Image: QMdhzqG.jpg]

[Image: lxHaQ0M.jpg]

[Image: CsGaSm1.jpg]

[Image: 8KYRjHF.jpg]

[Image: sjKeZSa.jpg]

[Image: AdzYWdX.jpg]

http://thelook.today.com/_news/2013/02/0...-viral-hit

And these 2

[Image: uU4EIxO.jpg]

[Image: BjgLPHG.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2013, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 02:43 AM by Stephanie.)
Ahh omg how did u know I want a disney themed wedding?
I'm considering beauty and the beast only the "mature" version.
I don't want it to look like I'm 12 so I'm planning (Michael agrees) to have things like:

A teapot and a chipped tea cup sitting on a table.
A candlestick somewhere else.
A clock
The centerpieces will be roses in either water/colored lights in the bottom of a glass with maybe a candle on top depending on what the rules are.
A lot of places won't allow real flower petals or lit candles.
I'd like some background music to be orchestrated music from the movie but nothing that sounds stupid.
I want a pretty chandelier(s) on the ceiling but I have a feeling that won't work.
I'm thinking a buffet style meal so that people don't feel odd having things brought to them and they can pick and choose what they like.
Apparently we're having alcohol at the wedding......I just want it low key and nobody being stupid and ruining my life/day.
Then obviously my dress will hopefully be inspired by the movie too.
Given the fact that I've got some crazy people in my life and because Michael's got some psychotic family members, I would like to have ticket/invite only at the door to make sure nobody weird comes in.
(Some people assume if they know the wedding date that they are invited as well and that's not gonna flow with me.)

idk I try not to be too too picky but I just have a few ideas that I think I should go into this having because most planners don't really want to help if u don't have some basic ideas.

undefined
02-06-2013, 08:21 AM
I saw the pictures on ONTD and thought they were cute so I posted them here in case you wanted ideas. Aw, a Beauty and the Beast theme sounds like it could be a really pretty wedding.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
02-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Not sure how I feel about Michael being the Beast. Haha.

Once a stone heart shattered and came along a true love so pure and sweet.

"I have the best fans in the world, gay and straight....
A person is a person."- Colton Haynes on his fans.
02-06-2013, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 02:42 PM by SeasonsOfLove.)
You can get Disney wedding dresses. They aren't like costumes they are just wedding dresses based on Disney princess. This is one of the Belle ones
http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/...&colorId1=

These are a few ideas as well:
[Image: tumblr_md8vrn1o4d1rtf0jwo1_500.jpg]

[Image: cwLUJXCkxfi_7758966.jpg]
02-07-2013, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 02:03 AM by Stephanie.)
(02-06-2013 02:37 PM)SeasonsOfLove Wrote:  You can get Disney wedding dresses. They aren't like costumes they are just wedding dresses based on Disney princess. This is one of the Belle ones
http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/...&colorId1=

These are a few ideas as well:
[Image: tumblr_md8vrn1o4d1rtf0jwo1_500.jpg]

That's the one. There's actually two I want to try on and see which I like the best from the Belle choices. I just wasn't posting it in case Michael found it which I doubt he will. Oh God I'd never get a costume lol. That would be like halloween haha
(02-06-2013 11:30 AM)teamnoelftw. Wrote:  Not sure how I feel about Michael being the Beast. Haha.

Ew... yeah that's not exactly my thing to make a complete idiot out of the both of us. The dress is from the Alfred Angelo collection and it's not horribly priced I don't think. I believe it's 1200-1300. Not cheap AT ALL but if my focus is on spending the most on maybe food, venue and outfitting everyone then honestly I could careless about flowers, decorations, and the stuff that nobody notices. That's why I want to make/buy a lot of it myself and try to get good deals. Michael put his foot down to the whole Beast thing. Said I can do what I want as long as it's not immature and stupid looking lol.

undefined
02-18-2013, 07:35 PM
What's left for you to plan for your wedding?

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
02-19-2013, 02:41 AM
(02-18-2013 07:35 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  What's left for you to plan for your wedding?

Honestly everything.
We aren't even getting married til probably 2015. It's kinda based on when Michael finally gets financially stable, gets a job he actually can live with and they won't push him around and lie to him. Major thing is when I get into nursing is when we can start to make concrete ideas of a time frame. Right now I STILL think 2015 but I have a feeling it might be pushed up a little because we don't want to wait...but might have to.

I'm just literally playing with ideas that I like and what I want. Michael hasn't even thought about who's going to be in his side of the wedding let alone what centerpieces or music he wants. He'll probably plan 4 days before and be like "Oh...well I want this" AFTER I've already got everything figured out.

I see so much drama with my friend's planning their weddings I literally just want to get married in some far away place and only invite those who matter. Nothing like hearing all ur engaged friends hating their family and their fiance's family and everything about the wedding that makes u just want to put it off for as long as possible.

undefined
03-07-2013, 12:40 PM
I think anyone that has really set ideas for their wedding should wait until they are financially stable. After all if you cannot commit to keeping a job or whatever how can you possibly commit to someone else.

I love the idea of the Beauty and The Beast theme, there are so many ways you can do it without it being like a 12 year old too.

The best thing to do is work out a budget for your wedding and tailor your ideas to that.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton