All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Parkland
12-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Parkland
The Playlist:

" Efron, along with Marcia Gay Harden, has joined "Parkland," a film that will be taking a look at the JFK assassination. The Tom Hanks-produced movie (cred alert!) is based on the book "Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy" by renowned author and former prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi that was adapted by Peter Landesman, who will also direct.

"Efron will be taking the role of Dr. Charles ‘Jim’ Carrico, a resident in general surgery at the time of the event who was one of the first to take a look at the President.

"Paul Giamatti, Billy Bob Thornton and Jacki Weaver also feature in the the film that will be shot in Austin, Texas with an aim to get in theaters in time for the 50th anniversary of the assassination."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2012, 03:07 PM
RE: Parkland
I'm excited for this movie. Good story and good cast. Plus it starts filming soon

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-21-2013, 04:00 PM
I haven't heard anything about the scale of U.S. distribution, but if international interest is any indication, this movie may have legs. Here's the story:

"Alex Walton, President of International at Exclusive Media, announced today that the company has closed a number of international sales including a multi-territory deal with Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions (“SPWA”) for the highly anticipated dramatic thriller PARKLAND.

"PARKLAND is produced by Playtone partners Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman, as well as Exclusive Media and The American Film Company, which will also co-finance with Exclusive. Bill Paxton is also a Producer.

"Currently shooting on location in Austin, Texas, PARKLAND is set for a domestic fall 2013 release, to tie in with the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and stars Zac Efron (THE PAPERBOY, AT ANY PRICE, THE LUCKY ONE), Oscar winner Marcia Gay Harden (MYSTIC RIVER, POLLOCK), Jeremy Strong (ZERO DARK THIRTY, LINCOLN), Oscar winner Billy Bob Thornton (SLING BLADE, EAGLE EYE), Oscar nominee Jacki Weaver (SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, ANIMAL KINGDOM), and Oscar nominated Paul Giamatti (THE IDES OF MARCH, CINDERELLA MAN).

"Exclusive Media has licensed all rights to SPWA for Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Iceland, Greece, Turkey, and Latin America. The multi-territory deal was negotiated by Walton on behalf of Exclusive and Michael Helfand, EVP Business Affairs, Joe Matukewicz, SVP of Acquisitions, and Jon Freedberg, VP of Business Development on behalf of SPWA.

"In addition, Australia and New Zealand sold to Roadshow, France to Metropolitan, Italy to RAI, Israel to United King, Hong Kong to Golden Harvest, India and Pakistan to Tanweer, Indonesia to PT Amero, The Philippines to Captive, Singapore to Golden Village, Taiwan to Catchplay, Thailand to M Pictures and The Baltic States to ACME.

"On finalizing the sales, Walton said, “Our distribution partners on PARKLAND are all first class and we are working together in planning a worldwide release strategy to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the assassination of JFK which takes place this November.”
02-22-2013, 03:32 PM
US distribution is already set at a wide release.

{c} michelle.
02-22-2013, 04:12 PM
(02-22-2013 03:32 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  US distribution is already set at a wide release.

How wide is "wide"? The US distributor is listed as Open Road Films. Their recent accounts include:

Red Machine (2013) ... Distributor (2013) (USA) (theatrical)
The Key Man (2013) ... Distributor (2013) (USA) (theatrical)
Silent Hill: Revelation 3D (2012) ... Distributor (2012) (USA) (theatrical)
End of Watch (2012) ... Distributor (2012) (USA) (theatrical)
Hit and Run (2012) ... Distributor (2012) (USA) (theatrical)
Lockout (2012) ... Distributor (2012) (USA) (theatrical)

Not exactly Warner Bros. or Sony. But hopefully, many theater chains will be receptive to this movie because of its story, cast, and producers.
02-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Open Road Films is a pretty wide distribution. And I would bet since they're trying to co-inside with the 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination, then they're going to try and push for as many theaters as possible.

{c} michelle.
02-23-2013, 03:00 PM
(02-23-2013 01:21 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  Open Road Films is a pretty wide distribution. And I would bet since they're trying to co-inside with the 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination, then they're going to try and push for as many theaters as possible.

Open Road did manage to get "End of Watch" with Jake G. into more than 2,700 theaters for its opening. I would guess that "Parkland" will do at least as well. Keep fingers crossed.
02-23-2013, 07:13 PM
oo0o0 sounds like a very interesting movie with a great cast! Cant wait for this one Smile
02-27-2013, 11:07 PM
(02-23-2013 03:00 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(02-23-2013 01:21 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  Open Road Films is a pretty wide distribution. And I would bet since they're trying to co-inside with the 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination, then they're going to try and push for as many theaters as possible.

Open Road did manage to get "End of Watch" with Jake G. into more than 2,700 theaters for its opening. I would guess that "Parkland" will do at least as well. Keep fingers crossed.

The fact it's backed by Tom Hanks, has a critically acclaimed cast, and about JFK then I have a feeling it will get a wide release. But fingers crossed.

{c} michelle.
09-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Here's a nice mention for Zac in the user review featured on Parkland's IMDB page:

" I have never been a "hater" of Zac Efron but I've never really been a fan either. He won me over in this film for two reasons. 1. At the premier of the film he was so incredibly great with his fans and the crowd. He worked that crowd and got to every person he possibly could. 2. His performance (in particular the scene at the beginning of the film when he is first called in to work on Kennedy) is pretty close to the best in the entire movie. He shows some incredible emotion and strength and proves he has some serious acting chops."