All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Ever After Part
06-09-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: The Ever After Part
(06-08-2012 08:30 PM)tofu Wrote:  I'd throw CSC into the sappy romance category. I know I'm the target audience for these films, but they just don't appeal to me.

I just want him to do something completely different. Gee...script problems with this one? Why am I not surprised...

Now, if you make it a horror, then you have my attention. Wink

tofu
You know what I would love to see? I would love to see Zac do some voice over work for The Simpsons, American Dad, or Family Guy...now that would make my life. Wink

tofu

CStC had a primary supernatural element.

He said he wants to do movies in all genres. So he still has to do a western, a sci-fi thriller, and a horror. The horror genre does not have to be tacky. It all depends on the script and the sincerity of the direcctor and producers. A good horror flick could be a box office success and expand his audience greatly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Right now, horror movies haven't done anyone's careers any good, so until the right one comes along, then I'd say no.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2012, 03:13 PM
zac could do a western and sif-fi movie!
06-09-2012, 03:17 PM
(06-09-2012 03:13 PM)Firefly Wrote:  zac could do a western and sif-fi movie!

Agreed. He could keep the beard if he did a western Wink

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2012, 07:08 PM
(06-09-2012 03:13 PM)Firefly Wrote:  zac could do a western and sif-fi movie!

Haahaaa ... 'Cowboys and Aliens'!

With Zac's face and a good script he could be seriously, scarily, bad ass in a horror flick!
Tongue
06-09-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm not a fan of the "Hills Have Eyes" kind of horrors...but he should do a character-driven story. One that's maybe not so much focused on gore, but one that *actually* delves into story (think "The Shining" or the "Exorcists"). But I agree- he'd have to find the right script. What's amazing about those two movies is that they showed very little blood and gore, but they were inherently scary because the story was SO good and so was the script. Unfortunately, most directors/producers nowadays are trying to "out-gore" each other. Ugh.

CSC was *not* a supernatural thriller...it was a romantic drama with supernatural overtones but it was not a thriller. Far from it. It oozed sap from every terribly written line of dialogue (I tried reading the script and I couldn't even get past the first page it was so bad...).

He has his whole future ahead of him which is so exciting. I can't wait to see him really stretch as an actor...he's incredibly talented but he just needs to find the right vehicle for that talent.

Bring it, Zac....

tofu Smile
06-09-2012, 09:43 PM
yeah! lol just think of all the cool movies we'll get to see him in as he matures as an actor!
06-10-2012, 11:07 AM
(06-09-2012 08:33 PM)tofu Wrote:  ...CSC was *not* a supernatural thriller...it was a romantic drama with supernatural overtones but it was not a thriller. Far from it. It oozed sap from every terribly written line of dialogue (I tried reading the script and I couldn't even get past the first page it was so bad...).

tofu Smile

I didn't say that CStC was a supermatural thriller, only that the plot driving device was the supernatural element. Remember that all his romance was with an apparition, not a real person. One of the faults of CStC was that they didn't exploit the supernatural element enough to distinguish this movie from other conventional rom drams.
06-10-2012, 11:15 AM
You know what was odd about the draft of the CSC script that I had? It *actually* had a narrator....it was the paramedic, Florio (Ray Liotta). I don't know which draft it was but, wow. Really glad they didn't go that route, otherwise the movie would have been way worse. Have to wonder how many rewrites this script went through before they got to the production draft....

It's subgenre was definitely supernatural, and I agree- they didn't play that up enough. It does make me long for him to do some type of thriller...he's definitely got the chops to pull of a serious role in that genre. Here's to hoping.... Smile

tofu
06-11-2012, 12:48 AM
i think the book had a lot more 'supernatural' in it lol