All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zac's Personality
05-10-2012, 02:26 PM
RE: Zac's Personality
What are these personality traits based off of? Like are they individualized or is it based off of astrology?

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2012, 05:29 PM
(05-10-2012 02:26 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  What are these personality traits based off of? Like are they individualized or is it based off of astrology?

There are tons of personality tests - Myers-Briggs (the Kiersey temperament is basically the same thing):

http://www.keirsey.com/
(I'm INFJ - Counselor)

The Enneagram (which I found to be the most accurate. I feel like somebody followed me around and wrote about me, which is freaky and uncanny and unsettling):

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/
(I'm Type 4)

And then there's a guy, a student of Stoicism, who has done some impressive work in personality typing, especially the chart where he attempts to reconcile the different personality tests and their associated disorders with each other (ie: a Type 4 is an INFJ, etc. The chart is not a 1 to 1 correspondance but it does a good job)

http://www.ptypes.com/

Here's the chart: http://www.ptypes.com/correspondence.html

You can see includes astrological type, but of course, I'm a Sag, which is apparently Zac's personality, while my personality is Pisces (well, until I get angry. Then I'm a fire sign for sure.)

That's why I rely less on astrology and more on personality profiling.

Each site has a free test you can take, so have at it. Post what you are if you want - I'm always interested in profiling others.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
05-10-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm still a little confused on how the personality typing originated and what from.

{c} michelle.
05-11-2012, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2012 05:41 AM by Fruitfly.)
(05-10-2012 05:34 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  I'm still a little confused on how the personality typing originated and what from.

The work of Carl Jung. He is credited with the creation of archetypes, and much of his work is both inspired by and a critique of Sigmund Freud.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
05-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Zac has an interesting and unique personality.
Find all posts by this user
05-26-2012, 12:23 AM
he seems really honest and down to earth
05-26-2012, 03:39 PM
(05-26-2012 12:23 AM)Firefly Wrote:  he seems really honest and down to earth

Pretty much.

{c} michelle.
05-26-2012, 11:09 PM
that's probablly why we all like him lol
05-29-2012, 05:50 AM
(05-26-2012 11:09 PM)Firefly Wrote:  that's probablly why we all like him lol

The thing about personality profiling (actually FBI behavioral psychologists apply these concepts to catch serial killers, etc) is that while we have a dominant mode that is natural to us, in various situations we can shift to another mode or personality, a strong secondary mode that we use in particular circumstances. For instance, by myself I'm an INFJ, but at work I'm an ESTJ.

05-29-2012, 05:40 PM
(05-29-2012 05:50 AM)Fruitfly Wrote:  
(05-26-2012 11:09 PM)Firefly Wrote:  that's probablly why we all like him lol

The thing about personality profiling (actually FBI behavioral psychologists apply these concepts to catch serial killers, etc) is that while we have a dominant mode that is natural to us, in various situations we can shift to another mode or personality, a strong secondary mode that we use in particular circumstances. For instance, by myself I'm an INFJ, but at work I'm an ESTJ.

So wait, a person's personality makes them a serial killer. i think i'm a little confused lol Huh