All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"The Lucky One" In Theaters Now!
04-20-2012, 02:37 PM
"The Lucky One" In Theaters Now!
Go and see Zac Efron star as Logan in the romantic drama The Lucky One, in theaters nationwide today! Let’s open number one at the box office! Let us know what you think of the movie and Zac’s performance!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2012, 04:36 PM
RE: "The Lucky One" In Theaters Now!
I would love to know how it is.

I was Voted Most Motherly:Heart

Treat people the way you would want to be treated, with respect and kindness

also visit

http://www.hotspotscentral.net/forum

and now I have another new forum, but still in the works, you can start your own threads
http://www.thenewwave.com.mx/forum/forum.php
04-20-2012, 07:48 PM
(04-20-2012 02:37 PM)Kathryn Wrote:  Let us know what you think of the movie and Zac’s performance!

You asked for it. This is an OK movie for its type, rather conventional I think; there's no striking element that will ignite a word-of-mouth firestorm to drive vast hordes into the theaters. Pretty predictable, not an excess of dramatic tension (I half-expected that they would kill off Zeus in some valiant act to protect his master or the kid, but they missed that one). Speaking of which, help me out – you guys who are going to see TLO or going back, I didn't notice a credit for Rowdy. All the principals are listed in the opening credits and everyone in the closing credits. Maybe I missed it. Keep an eye out and let me know.

Contrary to expectations, I don't think Logan is the one who's suffering from PTSD. He's startled by loud noises and defends himself when he's jumped in bed by surprise. That's just good training. It's Beth who's got the shakes and rages.

Weak points? When Keith first encounters Logan, he's way over the top as an asshole bully. All he had to do was show suspicion, question closely, and leave with one of those looks. Starting surveillance in the night was creepy enough to indicate how things were going to go.

As for the story/script, I think the lucky photo is too weak as the dark secret that's supposed to endanger their relationship. And he had a hundred chances to just tell her. It's a long story, he says? No, it's simple and can be told in one sentence: “I found this photo, it saved my life, and I promised myself that if I made it home I would find you and thank you”. And when she accuses him of “coming here to find me” he can answer quite simply, “That's what I told you, 'I came here to find you'.”

So the drama in this movie is kind of artificial and inflated. It's not like Logan and grandma get together and decide to take Keith out of the picture, and Ben overhears some of the plotting and has to decide whether to inform the daddy he fears or keep quiet and gain the new daddy he likes. But that would be a different story.
Find all posts by this user
04-20-2012, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2012 10:38 PM by KateZE.)
I just saw it twice. It to me is much better than reviews and comments, and not only Zac. He does the movie a lot with his eyes and expressions. I loved the relationships, light fun times, really touching times. didn't seem so much steamy sex as expected. I liked Clayton being a real jerk, not too over the top for me. Zac seemed like a strong, but sensitive guy, very caring. He maybe looked different, but you could still see Zac's compassion and heart and integrity, just like I think he is. It is beautiful scenes, Grandma was fantastic, all were very good. I'm worried Think like a man is beating it so far. Please go..it's so much better the 2nd time. Lets make it #1!
04-20-2012, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2012 10:46 PM by nicolefearless.)
JUST SAW IT. OMG ZAC WAS AMAZING! I LOVED IT AND I LOVE HIM EVEN MORE! NAKED ZAC= ME DEAD. I JUST LOVE HIM. IT WAS FANTASTIC! AND HES SUCH AN AMAZING ACTOR! <3. I CANNOT! HE IS JUST GORGEOUS I LOVE HIM. AND HIS PUPPY IS GORGEOUS TOO.
OMG I LOVE ZACC.. I LOVED THE MOVIE, HIS BODY IS GORGEOUS! AMAZING STORY TOO!
IN LOVE!
(04-20-2012 10:35 PM)KateZE Wrote:  I just saw it twice. It to me is much better than reviews and comments, and not only Zac. He does the movie a lot with his eyes and expressions. I loved the relationships, light fun times, really touching times. didn't seem so much steamy sex as expected. I liked Clayton being a real jerk, not too over the top for me. Zac seemed like a strong, but sensitive guy, very caring. He maybe looked different, but you could still see Zac's compassion and heart and integrity, just like I think he is. It is beautiful scenes, Grandma was fantastic, all were very good. I'm worried Think like a man is beating it so far. Please go..it's so much better the 2nd time. Lets make it #1!
I SECOND THIS. IM IN LOVE.

[Image: tumblr_m0ddokVVEH1roa2pto1_500.gif]
04-20-2012, 11:59 PM
next! the paperboy!

[Image: tumblr_m0ddokVVEH1roa2pto1_500.gif]
04-21-2012, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2012 10:04 AM by cosmic bliss.)
It was great..saw it 2x yesterday!

Zac played the part with much thought and intention, and I really liked how he was SO above reacting to Ted's bullying...totally diffused this guy who could never compare to Logan's physical expertise or understand what it was like to be in a war. Logan's pain was of a much different level than Ted's personal issues. Not to belittle anyone's feelings, but their respective pain and sadness were on much different levels. Logan was 10 steps ahead of Ted in understanding that.

Logan's and Beth's love scenes were beautiful and romantic. The chemistry between them cannot be ignored. He was such the gentleman. Surely that is coming right from the source!
04-21-2012, 11:14 AM
I saw it yesterday with a few friends. Going on Sunday with my family.

I enjoyed the movie. I thought Zac's acting was great. He pulled off acting like a marine perfectly. Even with incorporating the PTSD with Logan was good. Taylor did a good job. There was a lot of chemistry between Logan and Beth.

I mean yeah it's your average Sparks movie, but I still enjoyed it and it was well-acted by everyone.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
07-13-2012, 12:58 PM
REGARDLESS of what anyone says I loved this movie!!!!!!!!!!Im not going to dissect it into what was good and what was not-I LOVED "THE LUCKY ONE"

With God all things are possible!