All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zac Shirtless in Sydney
04-08-2012, 09:51 PM
RE: Zac Shirtless in Sydney
(04-08-2012 09:47 PM)tofu Wrote:  Clearly, a legal line was crossed. This is an invasion of privacy, and Zac has legal recourse here. He could easily sue- and win. There's precedent- many celebrities have been in similar situations.

I will be the LAST person to complain about the pictures (these made my day, can't lie!), but I can't help but feel sorry for him. Should he expect privacy? No, he's a public figure and you have to accept that you trade in a certain amount of privacy in order to live that life. However, Zac was in his hotel room...hardly "flaunting" his naked body for all the world to see. On the contrary. He's behind closed doors and is therefore entitled to a reasonable expectation of privacy.

tofu

Thank you. Not so much for agreeing, but realizing a legal line has been crossed.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Yeah, it doesn't matter whether or not he should have closed the curtains (yes, he should have!), but it's the actions of the other party that are at issue here.

I mean, I hope he's learned a lesson here, but it's unfortunate that it put him this position. (gee....where have we seen THIS before?!)

Tofu
Find all posts by this user
04-08-2012, 09:58 PM
That's all I'm saying is it's the action of the other party's that's the issue.

We've seen this exact thing happen to Brad Pitt and Erin Andrews. I can't think of any others.

{c} michelle.
04-08-2012, 10:03 PM
This brought back memories of Vanessa's pictures. Similar situation...you have to a class- A idiot to take those kinds of pictures of yourself (this applies to both private citizens but most especially to celebrities). However, despite the incredible lack of judgement on her part, what the hacker did was illegal. The argument of whether or not she "asked for it" is irrelevant. A law was broken, and that's the only thing that should be debated in a court of law.

Tofu
04-08-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't feel comfortable comparing those two.

{c} michelle.
04-08-2012, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 10:14 PM by ZacRainbowGrl.)
It's not so much a legal line as Australian law is different than US law so I'm not sure what their rules are on the matter, it's a privacy line. The fact that paps can camp out on boats and use telephoto lenses to peek into a stars room (whether it be Zac, Rhianna, or whoever else is staying there) is disgusting. Should he have closed the blinds, yeah probably, but that's not the point...the point is the whole thing is an invasion of his privacy.

I think he'll probably just laugh it off...I think the shot of him with Jason and Michael taking pics of the paps afterward is an indication that he's not gonna let it get him down. It's one of those things where he has to laugh it off...if he let the paps get him down everytime they caught him in an inopprotune situation, he wouldn't be able to live his life at all.

But they do have the law on their side...because the minute anyone threatens legal action, things will quiet down. Between Gina, the rest of his team, and his lawyers, they have enough clout to give people pause before they even think about posting anything.
04-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Celebrities have a harder time proving invasion of privacy yes, but a photograph of a naked celebrity taken without their knowledge or consent presents a compelling legal case. You are correct about laws in Australia versus the US so it'll be interesting to see how this shakes out. He may not decide to do anything about it, but just because he doesn't sue tomorrow doesn't mean he won't. The statute of limitations will dictate that one (and yes, those vary by country, too).

But...for the record....my God, what an a$$ on that man. Big Grin

tofu
04-08-2012, 10:17 PM
(04-08-2012 10:15 PM)tofu Wrote:  Celebrities have a harder time proving invasion of privacy yes, but a photograph of a naked celebrity taken without their knowledge or consent presents a compelling legal case. You are correct about laws in Australia versus the US so it'll be interesting to see how this shakes out. He may not decide to do anything about it, but just because he doesn't sue tomorrow doesn't mean he won't. The statute of limitations will dictate that one (and yes, those vary by country, too).

But...for the record....my God, what an a$$ on that man. Big Grin

tofu

SeriouslyWink
04-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Hahaha...didn't think anyone would argue with that last statement.

Christmas came early! Heart

Tofu
04-09-2012, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2012 07:25 AM by lashay12.)
okay the paps was wrong they should get arrested and executed and we should just feel sure for zac. okay you guys win this argument. case closed me suggesting that he should've been more careful was wrong. so now you people can leave me the hell alone now. see this is one of the reasons why i hate being on this damn forum. because i cant never have an opinion without it being opposed against. i always have to agree everyone here and am tired of it. if i wasn't a die hard zac fan i be done with him by now, but am so i am going to stick with him despite his lack of judgement. and i don't care what you say he wasn't in his hotel room when the pic was taken. because if he was clearly the paps wouldn't have seen him. so now send me to jail for my opinion along with the paps because i don't care. in fact am done with this whole convo, because this whole situation is starting to really piss me off.Angry i guess zac taking careful measures is not the point right? the point is that is other people's fault whenever celebrities put themselves in a position that will invite unwanted attention. yeah that's a very great point guys. if you guys feel so strongly about zac's privacy being invaded more so then probably him, then wont you guys do something about it. protest and tried to send the paps to jail that's if you could, since you all think that you have the authority to do so. good luck with that one though.go on and try to stop them from taking anymore private pics of zac. that's if you guys can actually stop the paps from taking pics of celebrities and see how far it gets you.

instead of arguing with me for having an opinion do something about it Miranda. i mean God you act like i had something to do with the pic of zac's naked ass being displayed. wont you do something meaningful in stopping the paps from taking pics. write them a letter protest it to your local governor, or wherever you need to do to stop this from happening to other celebrities. since your their advocate exercise your right to speak on their behalves. stop all their injustices and invasion of privacy.

you want to know who the real victims are in my opinion: the ones who been beaten, mistreated, molested, neglected, and left for dead those are the REAL VICTIMS. NOT celebrities who are photographed because they forgot to take careful procedures in avoiding that. and for the record am not excusing the paps at all but i also think that they aren't the only blame here. as there are two sides to every story there always are. but of course you all don't have to listen to me just keep on being one sided.

http://www.zefron.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1069[IMG]http:

Blush

IN THEATERS NOW Big Grin