All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Book You Read or Currently Reading
11-23-2012, 12:06 PM
RE: Last Book You Read or Currently Reading
Last week Thursday I started reading Divergent after putting it off for months. it was one of those where I thought "Shall I? Shan't I?" I gave in, and finished it in a little over 24 hours.
Nothing remotely interesting happened at first, but I did enjoy learning about all 5 factions, especially Dauntless (though Abnegation annoyed me.) I had some trouble picturing Tris exactly how she was described but thankfully it didn't ruin my experience. The city was hard a picture too but I got there in the end.
Eventually nearer to the end of the book things got even more interesting, though maybe it was a little too late in the story? I don't know if it's a book I would read again but I would love to see how it turns out on the big screen.

I've just finished Insurgent, and for me personally, it was a major let down. It focuses too much on Tris & "Four's" relationship and I got sick and tired of reading about them thirty pages in. I had to keep reading of course to see what happens. Once again, everything takes time to actually get interesting, and I did notice some ridiculous situations which bugged me as the answer is so obvious. The writing style in Insurgent is different to Divergent and I clocked on to a few 'I have no idea what to put in between two situations so I'll just type a stupid conversation', sentences which I have also done when I write, but always go back to change it as it doesn't fit in.
The ending was rather good though - I wasn't expecting it. It made me go O.O

I know that I won't be reading Insurgent again. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next book will bring! I do suggest this book though as it is very fun read. (Divergent mainly) [:

[Image: Beeinhollywood.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last Book You Read or Currently Reading - BEE. - 11-23-2012 12:06 PM