All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Book You Read or Currently Reading
08-04-2012, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 05:54 PM by BEE..)
RE: Last Book You Read or Currently Reading
I've literally just finished reading 'Hollowland' by Amanda Hocking, after reading it in less than 24 hrs. It's an enjoyable read, and it keeps you gripped at times.

It's about a 19 yr old girl, Remy, who has to travel across America to find her little brother, to make sure he's safe. A year or so before, a virus broke out which turned people to 'zombies', and if you got bitten, you turned into one too. Her little brother is sick, and he was evacuated, but he was only one evacuated form the quarantine they were in. She's told he was taken to another quarantine a while away, so she escapes to try and find it. While fighting zombies, and marauders along the way. Most of the human race had been wiped out/turned into zombies.

There's a sub plot romance, but it's not truly focused on until a little later into the book. I was glad about that, as sometimes I find they start too early on /:

I do recommend it :] I'm going to buy the second book soon

[Image: Beeinhollywood.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2012, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 12:13 AM by BEE..)
So I'm gunna double post...

I've just finished the second book called 'Hollowmen'
It was also a good read, and was in some way like the first, but it wasn't as good. The ending doesn't really 'finish' the story.
In this book, we find Remy has been in quarantine for 6 months after switching places with her brother. The zombies got smarter and broke in, so everyone had to leave in groups because too many people will attract more zombies. They set off to find Remy's brother, and when they find him, they go North to Canada. Along the way, they find survivors, some they can trust, and some they can't. And sadly, they also lost members of their group. Remy also falls in love again but with a different guy, as the first was in a totally different group who left before she did.

Sadly this book was only 155 pages, and cost £4.11! Slight rip off to be honest. The first was a little over 300 pages, and was actually free (Which I've noticed is a common things with ebooks on Amazon, to get people into the series.) Now I've finished the second, book, I'm refunded it, as it was so short. If it was roughly the same lenghty as 'Hollowland' I would have kept it on my Kindle. I'd rather pay £4.11 for 250-300+ pages than 155.

I'm glad I read it though :]

08-14-2012, 01:27 AM
That sounds like an interesting book series. I have read Vampire, Witches, Werewolfs, Angels, and Alien books but I have never read a Zombie book before lol. I might just have to check it out one of these days.

At the moment I am reading Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost its a vampire book. Its good so far. I am really into vampires so I try to read as many of those books as I can.

After I am done with the book I am reading now about a week ago I bought the first book of the Fifty Shades of Grey books. Everyone that I know of has read the book or talking about it since it will be made into a movie I just want to see if its good or not but I know part of what its about so I wont be too surprised when i start reading it. lol.

[Image: 3523ccz.gif]
Signature Made by Michelle thanks so much I just love it
08-29-2012, 09:37 PM
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, was the book I last read. I'm currently reading wikipedia pages about mythology. Tongue

i like that you're a mess, that's what makes you real
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Last week Thursday I started reading Divergent after putting it off for months. it was one of those where I thought "Shall I? Shan't I?" I gave in, and finished it in a little over 24 hours.
Nothing remotely interesting happened at first, but I did enjoy learning about all 5 factions, especially Dauntless (though Abnegation annoyed me.) I had some trouble picturing Tris exactly how she was described but thankfully it didn't ruin my experience. The city was hard a picture too but I got there in the end.
Eventually nearer to the end of the book things got even more interesting, though maybe it was a little too late in the story? I don't know if it's a book I would read again but I would love to see how it turns out on the big screen.

I've just finished Insurgent, and for me personally, it was a major let down. It focuses too much on Tris & "Four's" relationship and I got sick and tired of reading about them thirty pages in. I had to keep reading of course to see what happens. Once again, everything takes time to actually get interesting, and I did notice some ridiculous situations which bugged me as the answer is so obvious. The writing style in Insurgent is different to Divergent and I clocked on to a few 'I have no idea what to put in between two situations so I'll just type a stupid conversation', sentences which I have also done when I write, but always go back to change it as it doesn't fit in.
The ending was rather good though - I wasn't expecting it. It made me go O.O

I know that I won't be reading Insurgent again. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next book will bring! I do suggest this book though as it is very fun read. (Divergent mainly) [:

12-01-2012, 05:10 AM
I just finished Without You by Anthony Rapp. It's his autobiography and goes through his time in Rent and how he deals with the death of his mother. It is a phenomenal book. It is an absolute rollercoaster,I was in tears one minute then laughing the next. It is definitely a must read for musical theatre fans!

[Image: cwLUJXCkxfi_7758966.jpg]
06-10-2013, 08:04 PM
I, getting ready to start reading Tuesdays With Morrie (again). Just finished a two volume biography on Franklin Pierce.

[Image: sigpic.jpg]
Sig picture created by the original Charla supporter, BEE
06-11-2013, 03:47 PM
I am reading The Scorch Trials by James Dashner... still.
I've been so busy and haven't had the time to finish it ):

08-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
absolutely obessed with Divergent Heart