All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Book You Read or Currently Reading
06-13-2012, 09:23 AM
RE: Last Book You Read or Currently Reading
i havent actually finished the lucky one yet but i've started 50 shades of grey last night. i'm only 2 chapters in so i dont really have much to say about it at the moment.

Hi *waves* I'm
[ H a y l e y ]
[Image: iconzac_03.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2012, 11:56 AM
50 shades of grey..lol that's an interesting title
06-13-2012, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2012 03:12 PM by BEE..)
A spoiler or two is in this post! In case anyone ended up reading this at some point

I'm 227/351 pages into All These Things I've Done.
I have to say that I'm a little annoyed with the author.

1) (Almost) Everyone in the books happens to have black hair.
2)They always have lasagne for lunch at the main characters school. (The second time it was mentioned, it was kinda funny... now it's become a joke |: )
3)The author skips writing about events that would probably give something more to the story.
(ie: the main character was told she cant date this cops son. they dated in secret anyway, and then got found out. the cop invited her round for dinner, but the author totally skipped it! along with the main characters friends birthday party!)

Just a small paragraph would have been great instead of skipping altogether!
And apparently the author is American but she's using British spelling. O.o
(It's not annoying, it's just something I noticed, haha.) Unless they changed it.. I read somewhere that they do that depending on the country..

Now it is a good read, and I will read the other two books when they are released, but for now.. (It is one I would probably read again, in a year or a little longer)

[Image: Beeinhollywood.png]
06-13-2012, 09:37 PM
lol i' guess i'm starting on csc
06-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Aesthetics, A Comprehensive Anthology. Right now I'm reading "Aesthetic Theory" by Theodore Adorno as it marks a major turning point in the history of aesthetics; specifically, he deals with Kant, Hegel and Freud in relation to past (metaphysical) concepts of art. Then I'll go back and read all the fun stuff - Greek literature and Christian philosophy, etc, etc - on aesthetics, which preceeds it. Finally, I'll finish with current essays on the subject.

I can't believe the essays of Wilde did not make it into such an anthology - but then it is primarily an analytical philosophy book rather than a continental one.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Okay, so I finished All These Things I've Done, and the result is... it's okay.. lol
Not something I've read before (crime family) but it was interesting. As I stated above, I did notice some things that annoyed me. (btw, they had lasagne for the 4th time at the main characters school -.-)
I felt the author could have been more creative in some parts, but I'm interested for the next book.

[Image: Beeinhollywood.png]
06-24-2012, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2012 03:55 AM by Stephanie.)
(06-13-2012 11:56 AM)Firefly Wrote:  50 shades of grey..lol that's an interesting title

My sister read that.....when it was a fan fiction written by someone. She's all mad because everyone is making it a huge deal and she remembers when it was just another "fanfic" and liked it before it was popular to. I may...or may not read it idk yet. It sounds a bit inappropriate for kids so I hope nobody is allowing their children to read it. I've never been one for dominating sexual stories ......that are secretly based off of Twilight. Heard it's like Twilight with a name change if Edward was abusively sexual and Bella loved every minute of being told WHAT to do with whips and chains and stuff that no child should understand. Heck I don't even understand it haha.

*Spoiler of this book I just read*
But I did just read this one free book from my kindle. I forget what it was called but it was basically an "adult" romance meaning it was all about sex but it was good but I get bored with the sex parts as I do with most of the free E-books. Cute story though about this 35 yr old dude who is a surgeon. He ends up realizing he's overworked himself and for some reason (author never made it clear but I guess implied) he knew his twin brother's, wife's sister from when they were kids. He ended up going to her house and sleeping with her telling her it was just going to be about the physical and he didn't love her in any way he was just a horny guy who wanted her body. Guess the girl was like 29 and she had been in love with her brother-in law's brother the surgeon since she was 10 and went along with it. They both pretended they didn't like the other and just wanted to sleep together. In the end she and him get stuck in some cabin and fall in love and she's always admitted it and he couldn't because he couldn't love someone after his mom died. They get found out by the guy's brother and the girl's sister that they had been sleeping around in the cabin and the surgeon guy takes off and the girl is sad. She meets up at some family get together and he admits he loves her and she thinks he's just saying it to be nice and takes off for Paris. She comes home realizing she is in love with him too and shouldn't have left. She gets in some sort of taxi accident and the surgeon realizes it's her and freaks thinking she's going to die. She doesn't but then they admit they love each other and the brother and sister of each of them who are married.....weird but true....they end up making them go to Rome or something to get married in front of all these people. Cute story but kinda mature for "young" eyes haha.

undefined
06-25-2012, 01:23 PM
well if anyone cares I just finished "This Is Where I Leave You" by Jonathan Tropper" and am now currently reading The Paperboy by Pete Dexter.
06-25-2012, 08:46 PM
me too Big Grin
06-27-2012, 04:03 PM
I started reading "Anna, Hanna och Johanna" by this swedish writer Marianne Fredriksson only today.... not so sure if I like it so far (;

[Image: tumblr_m6ak8rlDUM1qgjxlno1_500.gif]

I'm no one special, just another wide-eyed girl
Who's desperately in love with you
Superstar
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user