All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stress & Issues
02-12-2012, 08:29 PM
RE: Stress & Issues
(02-12-2012 07:59 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  one day when i graduate and get established financially am moving of my mothers house and am going to keep my distance from her. since she wants to be mean to me and tell me to shut up and don't want to listen to me. i tried to explain things to her she doesn't want to listen. i really feel like a nothing right now. i feel like going something and never returning. am crying right now because it hurts like hell. am tired of hurting i wish i can just move out and get my own place but i dont no job and am not financially stable right now which is messed up.

I'm in the same boat except my mom doesn't treat me like crap. It's hard to not have a job but ur in college right? That will get you a job and if you just do ur time now and wait it out I'm sure things will start to get better or if nothing else you will be away and on with your own life.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2012, 02:43 PM
You know, mental illness is like the Mickey Mouse song "Anything Can Happen Day", released when I was a kid -- around the same time fire was discovered:

Today is a day that is filled with surprises,
Nobody knows what's gonna happen.
Why, you might find yourself on an elephant on the moon
Or riding in an auto underneath a blue lagoon.
Yes, we Mouseketeers think you're gonna have some thrills,
And you know it's true that a laugh can cure your ills.
And so, if you're pleasure bent, we are glad to present
The Mouseketeers' "Anything Can Happen Day.

I have to think the dude who wrote that was bipolar, or maybe schizophrenic, because he sure did understand what my life is like everyday.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2012, 08:46 PM
(03-12-2012 08:44 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  am crying because am hurting emotionally but who the hell cares. sometimes i feel like just packing up my things and just leaving since everything i say and do blows up in my damn face.

aw, i'm sorry, lashay. i really am. we all care about you. we really do.

Once a stone heart shattered and came along a true love so pure and sweet.

"I have the best fans in the world, gay and straight....
A person is a person."- Colton Haynes on his fans.
03-14-2012, 01:38 AM
Listen. Lashay. What Im about to do is in no way intentionally insulting you. So I apoligize if any of it is taken that way. You need to wake up. You have had a lot of people listen to you in this thread and tell you they are there for you. Yet you continue to say how you are alone and no one on this forum cares about you. Clearly they do! You just need to open your eyes and see that! The whole world isn't against you. Trust me. I feel that way a lot too. I feel like just giving up. But that's the selfish thing to do. I obviously don't know you personally. But I bet there are people in your life who care about you and are worried. You need to open up to them. Let them in. Except that they ARE there for you and can help you. That's a good thing! That in itself should put you in a better mood! Everyone who has helped you in this thread has cared! And you should be thanking them. And not responding with accusing them of not caring. Because they clearly do. And if I posted trying to cheer you up. And you contineued to say that I didn't care. I would be pretty upset. I hoped that helped. And again. Not to be taken as criticism. But as hopefully good advice to help out another zac fan.
03-14-2012, 05:46 PM
(03-14-2012 04:56 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  ts just that am a little insecure and when i saw the video of the pretty girl that zac seem to like i got upset. the reason is that she reminded me of what i wasn't and could never become.

I was that girl (you) when I was younger. I never identified with the pretty girls, the birds who flipped their hair and giggled and acted like children. But it's no use lamenting what you can't be, or trying to be what you aren't (I actually changed myself significantly my junior yr in high school to try and fit in, and became one of the pretty, popular girls, but the entire time I felt I was wearing somebody else's hairstyle and somebody else's clothes and somebody else's personality.)

So if you can't join them, then at least beat them up (lmao!) I realized I had the perfect physique for bodybuilding (Monica Brant and fitness competitors / figure competitors are almost always 5'4 or so and about 118-130 pounds. ) So I trained - hard, and I got strong and powerful. That propped my ego up a bit. Then I went to grad school to further my smarts, and along the way, developed a personality.

Pretty girls aren't smart or interesting because they don't have to be. They are handed everything as if they were entitled to it. Now regular girls, we have to be intelligent or fit or witty because nobody gives us anything. BUT WE'RE the ones who make out in the end. Beauty fades with time, and their husbands, bored by their conversation and stupidity, look elsewhere (the number of Vice-Presidents, Managers and Directors throwing themselves in my direction is simply obscene). Meanwhile we come into our own because we've had to work for everything we got.

Point is, become everything you CAN BE! Develop yourself and let the pretty girls do what they do best: stand there twirling their hair.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
03-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Exactly! The most attractive you can be is knowing who you are. Accepting it and being the best you can be! Trust me. I get the insecure thing. Being jealous of other girls. Especially the ones the man I want likes. Haha. It's natural. I still do it. But I am a hopeless romantic. And I believe there is someone out there for everyone. And someday you will find that someone who loves you for just the way you are and that will make you happy that you didn't change yourself. You could of missed them!
03-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Also, it is important to realize that beauty does not recognize himself in another; that is to say, it does not follow that because someone is beautiful, he is an arbiter of aesthetic taste and good judgement.
Only a student of aesthetics has the requisite background to recognize beauty in objects and persons, and since in persons physical beauty is conflated with intellectual and spiritual beauty, it is necessary to consider these as well, which is why there is a triad of qualities: truth (intellect), goodness (soul) and beauty (physical).

I will say nowhere did Aristotle, Burke, Aquinas, Joyce, Wilde, Ruskin or Poe state "in addition to integrity, proportion and radiance, the beautiful also possesses long dark hair, dark eyes, and is of non-caucasian origin."

In fact, IF that is all Zac is capable of finding beautiful, then he is narrow-minded or under-educated. A read of Aristotle's poetics might be in order.

And Wilde - always.

03-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Just when I thought I avoided the people who are mean to me, they somehow find me again just to bully me. I don't even know how to avoid them anymore because they always find me whether on here, twitter, tumblr, facebook, real life. I don't think I can deal with this anymore.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
03-22-2012, 02:51 AM
There are certain people you will never be able to avoid. I learned that one in the past year with my bf's crazy cousin and her gang of sleazy ladies BUT what I have realized is that eventually there will come a time when ur just going to kinda idk how else to say it but get over it I guess. People are lame and going to try to bring you down and if it's some sort of roundabout family or someone in general you can't avoid, it's going to be tougher but at some point you just won't care anymore. You'll realize it takes more energy to be upset over it than to just realize it's there, the drama will never leave but if you just don't care it won't bother you inside as much.
04-10-2012, 02:17 PM
This is such a good thread.

I want to be able to talk about what I'm going through, because I want to help other people in the same situation.

I'm facing a daily battle, and have done since I was 15. I used to come on this forum ages ago, so I'm not 100% sure who knows and who don't, I briefly mentioned it way back when.
But now I'm so called "in recovery" it's a lot easier to talk about, but I'm nowhere near better.

I have an eating disorder, and it's still so difficult to even type those words, I cringe, because I honestly never thought I'd have an eating disorder, I thought it was "Normal" what I was putting my body through and I thought I wasn't harming my body. Yeah, right.. It took me passing out and being rushed into hospital where I stayed for a while to realise what I was actually doing. Still now I see a psychologist and I constantly need support and help because I'm struggling. (Especially this last week.) But, I want my experiences and my journey through recovery to help others, because even though all what I just typed was negative, there's a lot of positive things I can say. (:

In the past, and it had stayed in the past until yesterday, I've also been a 'cutter'. and trust me when I say that it was in the past, but yesterday things got so bad I didn't even realise what I was doing until I'd done it. Meh. But, I'd got through that once before, I can do that again. (:

Also, my Mum STILL won't accept my sexuality. Bleugh. That's stressing me out big time. She hates the fact that I'm a lesbian and refuses to meet the girl I'm seeing purely because she can't stand the thought of it. Everyone else is fine, apart from my Mum. This is something I'm still working on with her.
Coming out was hard though, gosh. I wouldn't want to do that again. :/

But, in a positive end, seriously guys, if anyone can relate to anything I've posted and want someone to talk to that has been there and experienced it, don't hesitate. Reply here or PM me (:

[Image: 1-1.png]