All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rants.
03-13-2012, 01:38 PM
RE: Rants.
(03-13-2012 11:55 AM)Twilight Wrote:  I know I probably shouldn't rant about anything, but I just have to do this.

I absolutely hate it when others can voice their opinions on certain things & I can't. They can go on & on about anything they want, but the minute I express mine I'm called on it. Why is that?...

If they can do it, I certainly should be allowed too also. Why are they given a special privilege, yet I'm not. Talk about double standarding issues.

By the way, I'm not talking about this forum. Of all places, I'm talking about on my Facebook page. I posted something last night & someone I thought was a friend certainly put me in my place. Now I feel sad & terrible. I'm so sorry I just had to rant my feelings somewhere that I won't be judged. Thank you so much for listening.

I'm right there with you on that one. Same thing happens whenever I go on my facebook.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2012, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2012 04:02 PM by BEE..)
Wishing I had friends to go out with. Desperately want to just go out tonight... just out.

[Image: Beeinhollywood.png]
Find all posts by this user
03-14-2012, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 03:56 AM by Stephanie.)
(03-13-2012 11:55 AM)Twilight Wrote:  I know I probably shouldn't rant about anything, but I just have to do this.

I absolutely hate it when others can voice their opinions on certain things & I can't. They can go on & on about anything they want, but the minute I express mine I'm called on it. Why is that?...

If they can do it, I certainly should be allowed too also. Why are they given a special privilege, yet I'm not. Talk about double standarding issues.

By the way, I'm not talking about this forum. Of all places, I'm talking about on my Facebook page. I posted something last night & someone I thought was a friend certainly put me in my place. Now I feel sad & terrible. I'm so sorry I just had to rant my feelings somewhere that I won't be judged. Thank you so much for listening.

So with you on this. I've had to learn to filter out certain people from who sees my posts because it's gotten to the point that even certain family members will act like they know best and they are three freaking yrs older than me lol.

(03-13-2012 04:00 PM)BEE. Wrote:  Wishing I had friends to go out with. Desperately want to just go out tonight... just out.

Aww I'd go out with ya if I lived by u. We'd have a ball let me tell you haha
03-14-2012, 11:15 PM
I hate feeling like I've never good enough for anyone. Just when I start to think someone actually cares, they just completely forget about me. I feel like I act one way, then people tell me to act another way so I change, then they still don't like me, so I change again, and they still don't like me. And I feel like I'm wasting my time saying all this. (I'll probably end up deleting this in like a day or so)

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
03-15-2012, 12:11 AM
(03-14-2012 11:15 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  I hate feeling like I've never good enough for anyone. Just when I start to think someone actually cares, they just completely forget about me. I feel like I act one way, then people tell me to act another way so I change, then they still don't like me, so I change again, and they still don't like me. And I feel like I'm wasting my time saying all this. (I'll probably end up deleting this in like a day or so)

Don't change yourself for anybody. It's a saying everyone says but it's so true. You gotta be happy for others to accept you. Some people aren't going to and those are the ones you don't worry about because they are probably more unhappy with themselves than you could ever imagine so they tell you to change because they are not able to themselves.
03-15-2012, 11:05 AM
(03-15-2012 12:11 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  
(03-14-2012 11:15 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  I hate feeling like I've never good enough for anyone. Just when I start to think someone actually cares, they just completely forget about me. I feel like I act one way, then people tell me to act another way so I change, then they still don't like me, so I change again, and they still don't like me. And I feel like I'm wasting my time saying all this. (I'll probably end up deleting this in like a day or so)

Don't change yourself for anybody. It's a saying everyone says but it's so true. You gotta be happy for others to accept you. Some people aren't going to and those are the ones you don't worry about because they are probably more unhappy with themselves than you could ever imagine so they tell you to change because they are not able to themselves.

I will say that there are different kinds of change, one of which I approve and one of which I don't approve. There is change in essence or a change in potential (or quality - I've got Aristotle in my head - blame him.)

I do not recommend anyone trying to change their essence (except a serial killer. (-Wink because it is rather impossible. The essence defines your likes and dislikes, your hobbies and habits, what motivates and inspires you, etc. If you're a math person, you're not suddenly going to fall in love with British Literature and vice-versa. But if there are ways to improve yourself (we can ALWAYS improve. Even the best of us can) do so to the utmost.

Quality / Improvement: I'll borrow Aristotle's metaphor about the seed and the tree. The seed has the potential to become a tree but is not yet a tree. A seed can remain a seed and produce nothing, rotting in the soil, or it can grow (with proper nourishment) into a beautiful tree.

The thing to figure out is whether its your essence or a quality in question. I'll give you an example. I had a coworker who was a very nice person. But every time he opened his mouth, the most crude and foul language, jokes, etc exploded that I could hardly bear to be around him. Everything was fecal matter, sex, incest, murder - gross, highly offensive stuff. It got to the point I would go out of my way to avoid him whenever possible.

Assuming for a moment that nastiness is his behavior, not who he is, he could make great strides in his conversation. I have my own irritating qualities - writing too much, thinking too much, being too "Type A". My store manager, who has taken an interest in me, says "you need to learn patience."

So I need to learn patience.

Figure out what these people are asking you to change, and then ask yourself if its reasonable or unreasonable. Being around others requires a modicum of diplomacy and compromise, ie: do you irritate them when you talk about fecal matter in regards to incestuous sex , lol?

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
03-15-2012, 01:49 PM
I can relate to this. I don't get it and I don't know what to tell you, honestly.
People are weird and a lot of the time don't make sense.
Just be yourself. I think that's the best. If people don't like you for who you are, that's their loss.

[Image: 11imzxw.gif]
- zefron member since '06.
03-16-2012, 06:08 AM
PS: One more thing: females are awful. They can be your best friend or your worst enemy, and often move from one to the other without telling you. Worse yet, most of the time there's no reason behind it.

And if they're jealous, they will go out of their way to try to ruin you. I've had this happen enough that I just avoid women and make friends with dudes.

Maybe pal up with a guy if its the girls giving you trouble.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
03-16-2012, 05:29 PM
I kinda hate associating with girls, to be honest.
Just because there's so many fake ones around and all they do is judge you because you don't look like them.

[Image: 11imzxw.gif]
- zefron member since '06.
03-16-2012, 11:54 PM
(03-16-2012 06:08 AM)Fruitfly Wrote:  PS: One more thing: females are awful. They can be your best friend or your worst enemy, and often move from one to the other without telling you. Worse yet, most of the time there's no reason behind it.

And if they're jealous, they will go out of their way to try to ruin you. I've had this happen enough that I just avoid women and make friends with dudes.

Maybe pal up with a guy if its the girls giving you trouble.

That's exactly how I spent most of my middle and high school yrs. I'd have friends who were girls but we secretly didn't like each other. idk it's a sad world we live in that people are friends only to make it convenient.

While I'm a real person who tells it like it is, I've got plenty of people now three yrs out of HS that still want to act like complete douche bags all the way around.