All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rants.
01-29-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: Rants.
(01-26-2012 02:11 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  Just in case anyone cared for an update on me. I'm okay; not feeling as sick as I was but I'm still a little yucky and tired. That's probably because of the fight my bf and I had the past few nights BUT now that we're doing great, I think I'll be recovering from whatever I've got going on.

Oh and another not rant but uhh....I guess observation.
Does anyone else have ALL of their facebook friends writing that they are pregnant? It's crazy if someone isn't getting married they are having a baby. I'm sure I'll be joining the craze one of these days but for right now I'm like "omg" lol

Glad you are feeling better Stephanie. Smile

Yup I have noticed that trend on FB it's a bit scary.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Can I just say, where's the love on this forum? Seriously. It feels like I walk in on a fight every couple days about NOTHING.

Ever since the breakup, I feel no love at all. Not even a simple "you're right; let's move on." What the hell?

I'm sorry, but if this is how the forum's gonna be, imagine how the new members feel.

Once a stone heart shattered and came along a true love so pure and sweet.

"I have the best fans in the world, gay and straight....
A person is a person."- Colton Haynes on his fans.
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2012, 02:55 AM
(01-29-2012 03:36 PM)Londonlipton Wrote:  
(01-26-2012 02:11 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  Just in case anyone cared for an update on me. I'm okay; not feeling as sick as I was but I'm still a little yucky and tired. That's probably because of the fight my bf and I had the past few nights BUT now that we're doing great, I think I'll be recovering from whatever I've got going on.

Oh and another not rant but uhh....I guess observation.
Does anyone else have ALL of their facebook friends writing that they are pregnant? It's crazy if someone isn't getting married they are having a baby. I'm sure I'll be joining the craze one of these days but for right now I'm like "omg" lol

Glad you are feeling better Stephanie. Smile

Yup I have noticed that trend on FB it's a bit scary.

IT'S BACKKKK lol. I stopped and was taking my green placebo pills all last week and even though I was supposed to have all my chick stuff going on I wasn't as moody. Now it's like it's starting again and I will get really bad pains right where my jean line is around 10pm (an hr after my pill) and then in the morning it's like someone kicked me in the stomach and busted open my uterus until I just forget about it and then it sometimes gets better. I know times are hard when my period is easier to handle than the rest of the month.

BF tells me to just stop and get pregnant haha. I told him that wouldn't SOLVE my stomach problems Tongue

(01-31-2012 10:06 PM)teamnoelftw. Wrote:  Can I just say, where's the love on this forum? Seriously. It feels like I walk in on a fight every couple days about NOTHING.

Ever since the breakup, I feel no love at all. Not even a simple "you're right; let's move on." What the hell?

I'm sorry, but if this is how the forum's gonna be, imagine how the new members feel.

That's why I stop going into those threads about the two of them and their new sig others. It only gets me upset because people in those threads say the most stupid things. It's like they crawled out of some hobbit hole and decided to join in on cyberbullying. All I gotta say to those people is grow the heck up life is too short to act like you have a stick shoved up ur butt.
02-01-2012, 01:01 PM
(02-01-2012 02:55 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  
(01-31-2012 10:06 PM)teamnoelftw. Wrote:  Can I just say, where's the love on this forum? Seriously. It feels like I walk in on a fight every couple days about NOTHING.

That's why I stop going into those threads about the two of them and their new sig others. It only gets me upset because people in those threads say the most stupid things. It's like they crawled out of some hobbit hole and decided to join in on cyberbullying. All I gotta say to those people is grow the heck up life is too short to act like you have a stick shoved up ur butt.

I agree. It's not even about Zanessa anymore. It's all bashing their personal lives when we clearly shouldn't care.

Frankly, I'm shocked that the thread went all 360 degrees on us. It used to be so full of love, and now they're taking their jealousy out on Vanessa and Austin.

Once a stone heart shattered and came along a true love so pure and sweet.

"I have the best fans in the world, gay and straight....
A person is a person."- Colton Haynes on his fans.
02-02-2012, 03:27 AM
(02-01-2012 01:01 PM)teamnoelftw. Wrote:  
(02-01-2012 02:55 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  

I agree. It's not even about Zanessa anymore. It's all bashing their personal lives when we clearly shouldn't care.

Frankly, I'm shocked that the thread went all 360 degrees on us. It used to be so full of love, and now they're taking their jealousy out on Vanessa and Austin.

This is just my opinion but I feel that people who are so obsessed with Vanessa and Austin or Zac or whoever, really need to take that energy and focus on making their own relationship.
02-02-2012, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 08:35 AM by Fruitfly.)
(01-22-2012 07:19 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  okay am so sick of my mother making a big issue over one little thing i say to my little brother. but when she wants me to talk to my stepfather whenever they have an argument am suppose to run to her defense? in fact i maybe just commit suicide tonite,

I just read this (haven't looked at the thread in awhile.) Would you do me a favor, Lashay, and this is for you, not me, but would you seek out counseling? There's a lot of free counseling services or sliding scale services that will work with you. You need someone who you can talk to - in person. If you don't know where to start, ask the guidance counselor at your school.

I truly hope you did not end your life the other day. I checked and you haven't posted since then so yes, I am concerned. Drop me a note and let me know that you're okay, please.

That's because this forum is made up of 99% girls, and girls haven't a firm grasp on reason, and therefore think and react with their emotions. Part of this is developmental - teenage brains haven't reached maturity yet.

Thinking allows us to distance ourselves from a situation and from our own emotions, consider the facts, consider things from another person's viewpoint, and to make a decision considering all the information. You'll notice that the older teens and young 20's on this site have this ability or are evincing signs of this ability.

And then there is also something called a "third-party observer". A psychiatrist of mine told me I have this, and it's rare, but a good thing. I think it might be the component of the personality that engages in the above, that mediates between the self and the other.

I do believe there is a whole lot of psychological idealization, identification and projection, denial and justification that goes on, and it's in my nature (for better or worse) to cut through another person's b.s. or delusional thinking. A person cannot face the truth so long as they are engaged in every form of illogical thinking or psychological defense mechanism to avoid facing the truth. Facing the truth hurts, sometimes it really hurts, but on the other side of it things are so much better, and the person grows towards maturity in this way.

Sometimes I'm "harsh", but in a debate you state your opinion as a fact (avoid the "I" as it weakens the argument) and then your evidence. (-;

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
02-03-2012, 06:27 PM
(02-02-2012 07:50 AM)Fruitfly Wrote:  
(01-22-2012 07:19 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  okay am so sick of my mother making a big issue over one little thing i say to my little brother. but when she wants me to talk to my stepfather whenever they have an argument am suppose to run to her defense? in fact i maybe just commit suicide tonite,

I just read this (haven't looked at the thread in awhile.) Would you do me a favor, Lashay, and this is for you, not me, but would you seek out counseling? There's a lot of free counseling services or sliding scale services that will work with you. You need someone who you can talk to - in person. If you don't know where to start, ask the guidance counselor at your school.

I truly hope you did not end your life the other day. I checked and you haven't posted since then so yes, I am concerned. Drop me a note and let me know that you're okay, please.

That's because this forum is made up of 99% girls, and girls haven't a firm grasp on reason, and therefore think and react with their emotions. Part of this is developmental - teenage brains haven't reached maturity yet.

Thinking allows us to distance ourselves from a situation and from our own emotions, consider the facts, consider things from another person's viewpoint, and to make a decision considering all the information. You'll notice that the older teens and young 20's on this site have this ability or are evincing signs of this ability.

And then there is also something called a "third-party observer". A psychiatrist of mine told me I have this, and it's rare, but a good thing. I think it might be the component of the personality that engages in the above, that mediates between the self and the other.

I do believe there is a whole lot of psychological idealization, identification and projection, denial and justification that goes on, and it's in my nature (for better or worse) to cut through another person's b.s. or delusional thinking. A person cannot face the truth so long as they are engaged in every form of illogical thinking or psychological defense mechanism to avoid facing the truth. Facing the truth hurts, sometimes it really hurts, but on the other side of it things are so much better, and the person grows towards maturity in this way.

Sometimes I'm "harsh", but in a debate you state your opinion as a fact (avoid the "I" as it weakens the argument) and then your evidence. (-;

I skimmed over all that you wrote but I do agree. About it all :] Who I was at 14 on here is NOT what I am now at 21. It makes me feel better to know there is hope for some of the young ladies on this forum seeing how immature I once was...and sometimes still am. I'm an emotional thinker though and I react inappropriately with my emotions sometimes but that's in my entire family so I swear it's genetic lol
02-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:I skimmed over all that you wrote but I do agree. About it all :] Who I was at 14 on here is NOT what I am now at 21. It makes me feel better to know there is hope for some of the young ladies on this forum seeing how immature I once was...and sometimes still am. I'm an emotional thinker though and I react inappropriately with my emotions sometimes but that's in my entire family so I swear it's genetic lol

Well, part of it is probably genetic, part is probably hormonal, and part is probably due to Western thought, which tends to catagorize things in terms of dichotomies or dyads - extreme opposites. This leads to black and white thinking (making people all bad or all good).

One of the things a psyche told me when I was young is to distance myself from my emotions, to sit back and observe them as they pass, like watching the clouds in the sky. This distance enables me to identify emotions that are consistent with reality and emotions that are inconsistent with reality - for instance, depression. If we learn to question our emotions rather than take them stock and barrel as truth, then we can learn to manage them.

In short, we learn to think about them, not just experience them.

This takes some practice but I bet it will help you, Stephanie. Go ahead and give it a whirl - watch yourself as you feel.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
02-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Ugh, I can't stand that when I was on very peaceful threads that certain people who never go onto those threads come on ONLY TO START DRAMA. Like no, you don't even care so why are you here?

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
02-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Now I'm crying. I've learned that no one cares about me.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.