All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
I LOVE YOU ZAC
02-18-2012, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2012 10:45 AM by d. b. wilyumz.)
RE: I LOVE YOU ZAC
(02-17-2012 07:56 PM)Fruitfly Wrote:  I got to thinking about this last night...from an anthropological perspective, you're right. Freud would agree with you. There's an atavistic instinct in males from the hunter / gatherer days that realizes the alpha male gets to mate with all the babes and the beta males just hang about and hope. I don't want to reduce it to that because clearly there's a competitive edge, a matter of identification and non-identification (this goes back to Hegel), and jealousy, which are more products of Jungian psychology than anthropology and Freud's subconscious. So yes, but more. (-;

There is no one answer; clearly there are layers. All other males are rivals by definition, but there is also a strong instinct for male bonding and cooperation, so some other males will be seen as potential allies, thus the identification with those of similar type. "Alpha male" isn't quite right for Zac, because they are often older and possess authority by their personalities, alliances, and general acceptance as dominant until they are successfully challenged and overthrown. But he is more threatening to rivals of the same age because he already possesses some Alpha attributes -- social prestige, authority (he was one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential a couple of years ago), power (celebrity plus wealth, a form of power unique to humans in the primate order). All this creates heightened envy and jealousy among males in his age cohort. But I think it is his blatant sex appeal to nubile females that arouses the intense hostility among some rival males.

Oh, by the way, you mentioned that you thought he was part Jewish. As far as I can tell, he has a paternal Jewish grandfather, with grandmother of German descent. I think his mom's side is English/Scotch. So yes, totally north European extraction.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2012, 10:54 AM
(02-18-2012 07:02 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  Wow how do you know this because i was wondering what ZAC's mom's was as far as descent went. so that means that ZAC is mixed. he has Jewish, German, and english and scottish blood what an interesting mix.Big Grin

I don't have any inside information, it's just something I read in the dozens of interviews and bios posted over the past few years. But her family name suggests the same thing.

I don't have any interest in this descent stuff, if you go back far enough we're all something of everything. Family culture is far more important than family ancestors.
02-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Sorry what thread is this Huh

[Image: bbt.gif]

sig by BBT

Ang Angel
02-21-2012, 05:47 PM
I think my obsession for Zac is creeping back..
02-22-2012, 07:45 AM
There's not really a section for this, so I'm posting it here.

Anyone know if Zac plays chess?

There's a photo of him from The Lucky One with a kid and a chess board. Just wonderin...

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-22-2012, 08:22 AM
^^^^^^^^
You could have just created a new thread in this section. Smile

As for him playing Chess. Not sure. Could have just been for the movie or he could play....

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton
02-22-2012, 11:11 AM
(02-22-2012 07:45 AM)Fruitfly Wrote:  Anyone know if Zac plays chess?

There's a photo of him from The Lucky One with a kid and a chess board. Just wonderin...

I have never seen a single reference to chess in all the scads of interviews and articles. Poker is his game.
02-22-2012, 01:36 PM
(02-22-2012 11:11 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(02-22-2012 07:45 AM)Fruitfly Wrote:  Anyone know if Zac plays chess?

I have never seen a single reference to chess in all the scads of interviews and articles. Poker is his game.

Figures. That fits with his overall image. Big Grin

Well, I suppose I can still fantasize about him being a master chess player and whooping my ass in a game. Tongue

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
02-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Hmmm... This statement goes right with the topic!

I will love and support Zac Efron as best that I can and enjoy his performances as he further develops his acting skills as my personal favorite actor!

Heart 3/31/12 Zac tweeted on his Twitter! (@ZacEfron) Heart
02-24-2012, 09:44 PM
I love you Zac!! You were so awesome on the Ellen Show!!

With God all things are possible!