All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum Meeting (Post Your Ideas Here)
06-28-2012, 04:23 PM
RE: Forum Meeting (All Opinions Welcome)
Could someone look into deleting the spam accounts?

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Pretty sure that's Kathryn's department.
I looked at my options for mod and I don't see one for deleting people's names. It would be better and look cleaner but I don't think it's a possibility for Bee and I.

undefined
Find all posts by this user
06-28-2012, 05:02 PM
I think we need a rule or something when it comes to posting.
I'm starting to get a little irritated with seeing either 1 worded posts, or posts that don't really give much to start/continue a conversation. I know we've all posted one word at some point, but threads seem to die after a while.

To make a thread/conversation more approachable, to (hopefully) keep it going I suggest having either 5 words OR 10-15 characters in a post.
There's no need to go back and edit your posts to fit the guidelines, just disregard them.
It's not to be strict, we just need to get people talking so hopefully this with help it.

Not including the games section of course.

We use this on two other forums I'm a member of, and it seems to work well. If someone doesn't include a certain amount of words or characters, then they just get a friendly reminder. It is also used to reduce spam.

This will come into effect today.

[Image: Beeinhollywood.png]
06-28-2012, 05:32 PM
...and to add to what Bee is saying. If someone is reminded and doesn't want to listen then we'll go back in and add to the post to make it fit the guidelines. We have way too many posts that don't have anything written, so it's time for a change.

undefined
06-30-2012, 12:31 AM
wait...lol i didn't think it was possible to post a blank post lol
i always have to have at least 5 characters Big Grin
06-30-2012, 01:18 AM
No what I mean is people post a lot of one word replies to threads and it doesn't leave the thread to go anywhere. Someone says something and another person writes "lol" that doesn't help anything.

undefined
06-30-2012, 01:20 AM
oh yeah lol
it's kinda hard to keep a conversation going on a thread from just that Big Grin
06-30-2012, 09:35 AM
i like the conversation/thread idea. it sucks when you are really interested in a thread and no one is really giving you anything to go with.

maybe you could also merge all similar threads... you know like you did with the fb/twitter/tumblr etc thread it might make the place look a little neater also how about if someone makes a thread and no one ever replies to it, maybe delete those, i know its a little harsh on the person who made the effort to make the thread but say if no one posts after 3 months people are clearly not really interested in that topic. am i making any sense, i'm slightly confusing myself here Big Grin

anyway yeah, just some suggestions.

Hi *waves* I'm
[ H a y l e y ]
[Image: iconzac_03.gif]
06-30-2012, 11:18 AM
yeah lol
that maybe would help clear the board a little bit
06-30-2012, 11:24 AM
(06-30-2012 09:35 AM)Hayls. Wrote:  i like the conversation/thread idea. it sucks when you are really interested in a thread and no one is really giving you anything to go with.

maybe you could also merge all similar threads... you know like you did with the fb/twitter/tumblr etc thread it might make the place look a little neater also how about if someone makes a thread and no one ever replies to it, maybe delete those, i know its a little harsh on the person who made the effort to make the thread but say if no one posts after 3 months people are clearly not really interested in that topic. am i making any sense, i'm slightly confusing myself here Big Grin

anyway yeah, just some suggestions.
That's what we've been doing :] I'll go have another look for some we my have missed though

[Image: Beeinhollywood.png]