All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Liberal Arts
01-29-2012, 01:14 PM
RE: Liberal Arts
(01-29-2012 11:12 AM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(01-28-2012 09:40 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  So is this release gonna be like the M&OW release? If so, I'll get to see it in theaters (:

M&OW was distributed to selected theaters in 10 U.S. cities, about 135 theaters altogether. If Liberal Arts is distributed in 20 cities (and probably to more theaters in each of those cities), it will be available to a lot more audiences.

That's good news.

[Image: 2irru4n.jpg]
{c} michelle.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Yeah! is there a date?
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2012, 11:31 AM
(02-05-2012 01:02 AM)Firefly Wrote:  Yeah! is there a date?

Haven't heard anything yet. One could assume sometime this summer or fall, but that's entirely up to the distributor.
04-14-2012, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2012 03:01 PM by d. b. wilyumz.)
Ooops, we missed it. Liberal Arts opened the Dallas Film Festival on Thursday, April 12.
04-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Reviews from this past showing at the Dallas film festival

Quote:What is most appealing about Liberal Arts is its softly nostalgic longing for the sweet simplicity and intellectual leisureliness of collegiate life. We are most affected not through the babbling about books and poets, but in quirky ways Radner works their influence into mood and feel of the film, overlaying the classical tracks and personifying the unchecked cerbreality in the diametrically opposed personae of two of the movie’s most enjoyable characters, Nat (Zac Efron) and Prof. Judith Fairfield (Allison Janney). Nat is a stoner-ham, animated and spirited, speaking always in jarbled hippie-esse. Judith is a romantics professor whose been worn down by academia, becoming cold, cynical, and detached. We need both these characters in Liberal Arts to prevent Radner from losing himself in what drowned his first movie, all the bromidic soap-boxing, in which all motivations, self-understandings, aspirations, and philosophies are hemmed-and-hawed, mumbled and jawed, with the same vainly self-conscious satisfaction of sporting a tweed jacket on a gear-less bicycle.

http://frontrow.dmagazine.com/2012/04/op...-festival/

One twitter imparticular that mentioned Zac

Quote:Fantastic night at the #DIFF!! #LiberalArts was SO quirky & wonderful. @ZacEfron s character is so funny, well done you! Thx J & J!

https://twitter.com/#!/lionlox/status/19...6282165248

{c} michelle.
04-15-2012, 01:22 AM
well that sucks for me because well I live in WI and with Limited Release movies never come to are theaters so i guess I will most likley have to wait for it to go on dvd just like M&OW its a good thing Target put the movie on dvd so i could get it so I hope that the store does the same thing with Liberal Arts.

[Image: 3523ccz.gif]
Signature Made by Michelle thanks so much I just love it
04-15-2012, 10:58 AM
(04-15-2012 01:22 AM)SLE Wrote:  well that sucks for me because well I live in WI and with Limited Release movies never come to are theaters so i guess I will most likley have to wait for it to go on dvd just like M&OW its a good thing Target put the movie on dvd so i could get it so I hope that the store does the same thing with Liberal Arts.

Yeah, I don't think Wisconsin has one of the top twenty markets. But who knows, maybe they will expand the release if the movie does well where it plays.
04-15-2012, 09:16 PM
I hope it does do good and expand and be in theaters where Im from but WI isnt the top 20 markets so we get no limited movies unless its a ocar winner or nomanee that did good.

[Image: 3523ccz.gif]
Signature Made by Michelle thanks so much I just love it
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Just to keep the dream alive, here's a snip from a review posted on IMDb over the weekend:

"The only character that seemed to have everything pretty much figured out was Nat (Zac Efron). Out of all the characters in this film, I liked him the most. He was quirky, funny and surprisingly insightful. I remember thinking that as strange as he was; I could see myself hanging out with him. Every time he would appear on screen you just knew that he was going to put a smile on your face."
04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
(04-23-2012 02:49 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  Just to keep the dream alive, here's a snip from a review posted on IMDb over the weekend:

"The only character that seemed to have everything pretty much figured out was Nat (Zac Efron). Out of all the characters in this film, I liked him the most. He was quirky, funny and surprisingly insightful. I remember thinking that as strange as he was; I could see myself hanging out with him. Every time he would appear on screen you just knew that he was going to put a smile on your face."

Well that's nice. Pretty much all the reviews of Zac in Liberal Arts have been positive like this.

{c} michelle.