All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Theater Work
03-21-2012, 06:19 AM
Theater Work
I've been rereading Death of a Salesman, and it struck me that Zac would be perfect for the part of Biff, and Dylan for the part of Happy. Even the physical descriptions of the characters match Zac / Dylan. I also think the part of an itinerant, athletic male who finds joy in nature and working with his hands is in keeping with the parts Zac finds interesting.

And Dylan would be very convincing as a "philanderer" (ha-hah. Actually both boys are hotties who get scores of women. (-Wink

Do you agree? Think Zac would ever do theater?

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2012, 03:46 PM
RE: Theater Work
(03-21-2012 06:19 AM)Fruitfly Wrote:  ... Think Zac would ever do theater?

He probably will, theater is almost every actor's dream. But I hope not. Plays are seen by thousands, movies are seen by millions. And plays don't come out on DVD so you can watch them over and over and over....
Find all posts by this user
03-23-2012, 02:11 AM
I hope he does do plays! I can't get enough of them! And zac would be great on stage. Even if you can't watch it over and over like on DVD, that one night of seeing zac perform live is something that would never fade in my memory.
04-06-2012, 07:34 PM
(03-22-2012 03:46 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(03-21-2012 06:19 AM)Fruitfly Wrote:  ... Think Zac would ever do theater?

He probably will, theater is almost every actor's dream. But I hope not. Plays are seen by thousands, movies are seen by millions. And plays don't come out on DVD so you can watch them over and over and over....

Actually, I've been lucky enough to score some audio copies of Jeremy Sisto's plays, including The Credeaux Canvas. It was in listening to these CDs that I realized to what extent he was truly talented - his voice commands a presence, and he steals the show from both Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe, who both lack the vocal range of Sisto, or rather, the ability to translate emotion through the voice alone.

I think theater is the most difficult media for an actor because it's a one-shot deal good for only one-time. There's no "cut" or second take, and a good performance today could just as easily be a bad performance tomorrow. But because of these challenges, I'd like to see what Zac can do.

Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. CS Lewis.
04-07-2012, 01:25 PM
(04-06-2012 07:34 PM)Fruitfly Wrote:  ...I think theater is the most difficult media for an actor because it's a one-shot deal good for only one-time. There's no "cut" or second take, and a good performance today could just as easily be a bad performance tomorrow. But because of these challenges, I'd like to see what Zac can do.

This is why actors are so enamored with theater, also why Zac would want to do it -- he gets off on the risk. But I'm speaking for the audiences, not the performers. We want to see Zac perform, and 99.9 percent of his fans could never see him in a Broadway play.
04-07-2012, 07:50 PM
(04-07-2012 01:25 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 07:34 PM)Fruitfly Wrote:  ...I think theater is the most difficult media for an actor because it's a one-shot deal good for only one-time. There's no "cut" or second take, and a good performance today could just as easily be a bad performance tomorrow. But because of these challenges, I'd like to see what Zac can do.

This is why actors are so enamored with theater, also why Zac would want to do it -- he gets off on the risk. But I'm speaking for the audiences, not the performers. We want to see Zac perform, and 99.9 percent of his fans could never see him in a Broadway play.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious Zac is an adrenaline junkie - he needs a little danger in his life. Although I couldn't see him on Broadway, though, I'd still by the audio recording, lol

04-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Heart RE: Theater Work
He's said from time to time he wants to but I personally think he won't.
I think with him having a contract with the warner brothers his career is sorted for life. Although he's great doing musicals, I think it's films he's going to do for the rest of his life. But Either way I love him the same!:)
04-08-2012, 03:54 PM
(04-08-2012 06:53 AM)emilymayefronx Wrote:  He's said from time to time he wants to but I personally think he won't. I think with him having a contract with the warner brothers his career is sorted for life. Although he's great doing musicals, I think it's films he's going to do for the rest of his life. But Either way I love him the same!Smile

He's not "under contract" to Warner Brothers (CStC and The Lorax were Universal films); through his production company he has a "first refusal" deal with Warner, which means they get the first chance to pick up any movie he produces, but they are also free to say "no thanks".

The real difficulty is his work schedule. To do a regular Broadway play, he would have to clear his schedule for an unknown period of time - a play might run for one week or two years. If the play was a hit, he would have to pass up on any more-lucrative movie deals that came along. It's more likely that he might agree to do a limited-run play in Los Angeles, as V did with Rent. That would only require blocking out a few weeks - some rehearsals, then several performances, and he's done.
04-09-2012, 06:43 AM
(04-08-2012 03:54 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 06:53 AM)emilymayefronx Wrote:  He's said from time to time he wants to but I personally think he won't. I think with him having a contract with the warner brothers his career is sorted for life. Although he's great doing musicals, I think it's films he's going to do for the rest of his life. But Either way I love him the same!Smile

He's not "under contract" to Warner Brothers (CStC and The Lorax were Universal films); through his production company he has a "first refusal" deal with Warner, which means they get the first chance to pick up any movie he produces, but they are also free to say "no thanks".

The real difficulty is his work schedule. To do a regular Broadway play, he would have to clear his schedule for an unknown period of time - a play might run for one week or two years. If the play was a hit, he would have to pass up on any more-lucrative movie deals that came along. It's more likely that he might agree to do a limited-run play in Los Angeles, as V did with Rent. That would only require blocking out a few weeks - some rehearsals, then several performances, and he's done.

That would be cool!

04-12-2012, 10:33 AM
I hope he does.