ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
The Ever After Part - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Zac Efron (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Projects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Ever After Part (/showthread.php?tid=910)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Ever After Part - Firefly - 02-01-2012 06:30 PM

Adam (presumably Zac would play this part), is a 20s-something charming, hopeless romantic slacker meets Rachel, a 30s-something stunning Cali yoga type on a flight somewhere and sometime, they have a fling. (Yay another cougar story, lol.) She is going to be married soon but doesn't love her fiance, Ben, and she tells this to Adam. The day of the wedding, Adam crashes the ceremony, professing his undying love for Rachel. He gets decked in the face by a groomsman but his pleas work and he gets the girl.

After saving herself from making a horrible mistake with Ben, Rachel has to make it work with Adam and that, the ever after part, is the bulk of the movie. As one might expect, it isn't easy at all. She's older than him, in a different place in life, she's more settled with a good job, in line for a promotion, a nice place to live. He doesn't have a job, no real money, lives with roommates who play Xbox and watch Cupcake Wars. Basically, her problem was she was uncertain in her relationship, his problem is he's uncertain in everything -- she knows mostly who she is and he doesn't at all know who he is. They love each other undoubtedly and they both want to fit into each others lives but can that work realistically?

RE: The Ever After Part - mirandagirl - 02-01-2012 06:58 PM

This sounds interesting. And I suggest Rachel McAdams for the female lead.

RE: The Ever After Part - Firefly - 02-01-2012 10:44 PM

Yeah, they'd have really good onscreen chemistry!

RE: The Ever After Part - Fruitfly - 02-02-2012 07:37 AM

(02-01-2012 06:30 PM)Firefly Wrote:  Adam (presumably Zac would play this part), is a 20s-something charming, hopeless romantic slacker meets Rachel, a 30s-something stunning Cali yoga type on a flight somewhere and sometime, they have a fling. (Yay another cougar story, lol.) She is going to be married soon but doesn't love her fiance, Ben, and she tells this to Adam. The day of the wedding, Adam crashes the ceremony, professing his undying love for Rachel. He gets decked in the face by a groomsman but his pleas work and he gets the girl.

After saving herself from making a horrible mistake with Ben, Rachel has to make it work with Adam and that, the ever after part, is the bulk of the movie. As one might expect, it isn't easy at all. She's older than him, in a different place in life, she's more settled with a good job, in line for a promotion, a nice place to live. He doesn't have a job, no real money, lives with roommates who play Xbox and watch Cupcake Wars. Basically, her problem was she was uncertain in her relationship, his problem is he's uncertain in everything -- she knows mostly who she is and he doesn't at all know who he is. They love each other undoubtedly and they both want to fit into each others lives but can that work realistically?

Sounds alot like the straight version of "Aerials in the Sky". Luckily there's a buttload of philosophical content and postmodernism / magical realism in the overall novel that will differentiate it from TEA.

Jake is different than any character my professors have seen - that's the differential advantage.

RE: The Ever After Part - mirandagirl - 02-02-2012 01:36 PM

I could see how this could be a really hilarious, and cute movie.

RE: The Ever After Part - mirandagirl - 02-02-2012 05:32 PM

(02-02-2012 04:33 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  i personally wouldn't get my hopes too high for this movie. it may or maybe not come into fruition we shall see though. the plot seems interesting nevertheless.

If you go read this http://ehs-wildcats.livejournal.com/497834.html then you'll know that it's in pre-production phases.

RE: The Ever After Part - d. b. wilyumz - 02-03-2012 09:48 AM

(02-02-2012 05:32 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  
(02-02-2012 04:33 PM)lashay12 Wrote:  i personally wouldn't get my hopes too high for this movie. it may or maybe not come into fruition we shall see though. the plot seems interesting nevertheless.

If you go read this http://ehs-wildcats.livejournal.com/497834.html then you'll know that it's in pre-production phases.

Not really "pre-production" status. It just said that the first script was done and had been shopped around; no news about anyone picking it up. That could be called "in development," but I believe "pre-production" is the term used when work has actually started to put a project into production, i.e., someone has actually decided to produce the thing and is getting the project set up.

So you're right, no reason for high hopes for this project so far; it's just "out there."

RE: The Ever After Part - Firefly - 02-03-2012 06:03 PM

I think that it sounds like a really great movie! Is it a chic flick?

RE: The Ever After Part - BEE. - 02-03-2012 08:13 PM

It doesn't like like a good film to be honest. /:

RE: The Ever After Part - Fruitfly - 02-03-2012 09:18 PM

(02-03-2012 08:13 PM)BEE. Wrote:  It doesn't like like a good film to be honest. /:

I'm with you, Bee. (-;