ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
SOPA AND PIPPA bills - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: More (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: SOPA AND PIPPA bills (/showthread.php?tid=877)

Pages: 1 2

SOPA AND PIPPA bills - elle1234 - 01-18-2012 07:11 PM

Everyone needs to know about the bills before congress to censor the WEB-We need to protest the government interference-sign a petition-contact your congressman-do something let your voice be heard!
(01-18-2012 07:11 PM)elle1234 Wrote:  Everyone needs to know about the bills before congress to censor the WEB-We need to protest the government interference-sign a petition-contact your congressman-do something let your voice be heard!
STOP SOPA AND PIPA NOW!

RE: SOPA AND PIPPA bills - teamnoelftw. - 01-18-2012 07:47 PM

Should go under Everything Else, but I agree.
These bills need to be put away forever.

Everything about the Internet we know and love could be gone forever, and unless we do something, it may happen.

So far, SOPA has been stopped, but PIPA is still planning to be voted on.

RE: SOPA AND PIPPA bills - Firefly - 01-18-2012 11:01 PM

Ok, so I'm not really sure I'm against it. It kinda sounds like a good thing. Get rid of online piracy, sounds great to me. I'm just upset I can't get on Wikipedia.

RE: SOPA AND PIPPA bills - teamnoelftw. - 01-19-2012 12:42 AM

Actually, Wiki just got back. yay. Smile

But yeah, if they do pass, they actually censor EVERYTHING. Tumblr, Wiki, YouTube... yeah, everything.

RE: SOPA AND PIPPA bills - cosmic bliss - 01-19-2012 11:48 AM

both bills need to go away

not a fan of censorship of any form

RE: SOPA AND PIPPA bills - ANNAA. - 01-19-2012 10:38 PM

They need to be stopped. End of.

RE: SOPA AND PIPPA bills - ebryant1993 - 01-20-2012 12:19 PM

so much for the land of the free. lol.
I study American Goverment and Politcs at the moment and if i wanted to could rant and rave about them for ages lol.

RE: SOPA AND PIPPA bills - ANNAA. - 01-20-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:Lamar Smith, the chief sponsor of SOPA, said on Friday that he is pulling the bill “until there is wider agreement on a solution.”

http://mashable.com/2012/01/20/sopa-is-dead-smith-pulls-bill/

RE: SOPA AND PIPPA bills - teamnoelftw. - 01-20-2012 05:23 PM

Which is great news.... for now, anyways.

Who knows what the rewrite could entail?

RE: SOPA AND PIPPA bills - Peace - 01-20-2012 06:31 PM

I just heard that it's someone who hacks, it not really a bill. Someone's website I know of had this bill there, and it's not really that at all. But, if you have a fake website, it can effect the site. This one is not nulled, most of the nulled versions could be effected by this.