ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
Rants. - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: More (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Everything Else (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Rants. (/showthread.php?tid=832)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Rants. - Stephanie - 05-05-2012 01:10 AM

Super mad today. I went to donate my pint of blood for extra credit for A&P at the blood bank center. They wouldn't let me all because my hemoglobin was 12.4 and not 12.5. I asked my bf about it afterwards and he said that .1 wouldn't have done crap to me and that the place is just stupid.

They deferred me from going back til Tuesday but I'm like screw this I'll just go to another town a half hr away and give it. It all goes to the same places basically. They are super rude to me there anyways. Last time the woman made fun of me because my arm was shaking. I wasn't scared, I just don't like the feeling of the needle going into my arm and then having to keep it still like that in an awkward position.

RE: Rants. - mirandagirl - 05-06-2012 01:10 PM

(05-05-2012 01:10 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  Super mad today. I went to donate my pint of blood for extra credit for A&P at the blood bank center. They wouldn't let me all because my hemoglobin was 12.4 and not 12.5. I asked my bf about it afterwards and he said that .1 wouldn't have done crap to me and that the place is just stupid.

They deferred me from going back til Tuesday but I'm like screw this I'll just go to another town a half hr away and give it. It all goes to the same places basically. They are super rude to me there anyways. Last time the woman made fun of me because my arm was shaking. I wasn't scared, I just don't like the feeling of the needle going into my arm and then having to keep it still like that in an awkward position.

There's not another blood donation center closer than an hour and a half away?

RE: Rants. - teamnoelftw. - 05-07-2012 11:22 PM

Ok, this isn't a rant as much as it is angry post so bear with me.

FINALLY, we're getting the moderators back in action, and the Zanessa thread is closed indefinitely. But I'm afraid the damage has been done here. It should've been done swiftly and a long time ago.

I think the break-up changed this whole forum for good. It's not even a safe place anymore. And now that the damage's been done and other threads are targets now for ranting about it, I'm genuinely afraid of what's going to happen next. I really am. We all got to watch our backs, and tread lightly here.

I'm glad that actions are finally taken, but I think it's too little too late. It overwhelmed the forum and honestly, I don't see this ending well.

RE: Rants. - Londonlipton - 05-08-2012 04:26 AM

To some extent I agree with the above,but it's never too late to take action. At the end of the day this a Zac Efron forum, and people join/ed because they like/respect/admire Zac. We have many threads on this forum,not just the Zanessa thread and it's time people start realising again what this forum is about and if that means closing a thread which since 2010 and has not been a nice place to post then it has to be done,as it's about making the forum a nice place to be, like it used to be. People are going to be unhappy and thats understandable. I have met some great people on the thread, but I have also met great people in other threads. If other threads are now becoming targets for the unhappiness because of the thread being closed,then I think people need reminding why this forum was set up- to support Zac.

RE: Rants. - ebryant1993 - 05-08-2012 01:51 PM

agreed
this was left to go on for what a year before action was taken? why...
glad action was taken but the damage is done and imo it is to late for people here to ever view the forrm as it once was

RE: Rants. - BEE. - 05-08-2012 02:05 PM

(05-08-2012 04:26 AM)Londonlipton Wrote:  To some extent I agree with the above,but it's never too late to take action. At the end of the day this a Zac Efron forum, and people join/ed because they like/respect/admire Zac. We have many threads on this forum,not just the Zanessa thread and it's time people start realising again what this forum is about and if that means closing a thread which since 2010 and has not been a nice place to post then it has to be done,as it's about making the forum a nice place to be, like it used to be. People are going to be unhappy and thats understandable. I have met some great people on the thread, but I have also met great people in other threads. If other threads are now becoming targets for the unhappiness because of the thread being closed,then I think people need reminding why this forum was set up- to support Zac.

I agree 100%

RE: Rants. - Tiffanyloveszac2012 - 05-08-2012 03:38 PM

i know i just joined but from reading the above comments, i agree with closing a thread if it causes a lot of negative energy. the last thing that a forum needs is negativity especially if its disrespecting ZAC and his personal life. i think this forum needs to be about ZAC's professional life only and not about prying into his private life. because at the end of the day its ZAC's life not the fans. just my two cents. sorry if i am over stepping my bounds by commenting.Sleepy

RE: Rants. - Stephanie - 05-10-2012 02:25 AM

(05-06-2012 01:10 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 01:10 AM)Stephanie Wrote:  Super mad today. I went to donate my pint of blood for extra credit for A&P at the blood bank center. They wouldn't let me all because my hemoglobin was 12.4 and not 12.5. I asked my bf about it afterwards and he said that .1 wouldn't have done crap to me and that the place is just stupid.

There's not another blood donation center closer than an hour and a half away?

There is one like a half hr away but GUESS what the idiot's did? It's the blood bank center's like database they have and I guess it's like a state thing where if I'd have gone to another one they would have gave me the same answer.

The chick was like REALLY rude and stuff. When she took and stabbed me with those lancet things twice she's like "Well ur hemoglobin was 12.4. Sorry you can't give today. We're deferring you for 2 days but we're not opening Sun or Mon SO you can give Tuesday. I was so mad.

I guess in the actual computer the any blood center can track is saying that I'm unable to give blood so nobody would have let me. Believe me I gave some thought to just going a half hr down the road. It was so embarrassing. Being deferred made me feel like I had hepatitis or AIDS or something and I wasn't "good" enough to give blood. I'm sorry but a hemo of 12.4 isn't that bad when u needed a 12.5 and usually I'm around a 13.9.

I'm eating a crapload of cream of wheat (eww) and a lot of spinach and steak tomorrow and Friday.

Speaking of that my poor puppy is getting "fixed" tomorrow. He's gonna be one mad little dude when he finds out we took away his manhood haha.

(05-08-2012 02:05 PM)BEE. Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 04:26 AM)Londonlipton Wrote:  To some extent I agree with the above,but it's never too late to take action. At the end of the day this a Zac Efron forum, and people join/ed because they like/respect/admire Zac. We have many threads on this forum,not just the Zanessa thread and it's time people start realising again what this forum is about and if that means closing a thread which since 2010 and has not been a nice place to post then it has to be done,as it's about making the forum a nice place to be, like it used to be. People are going to be unhappy and thats understandable. I have met some great people on the thread, but I have also met great people in other threads. If other threads are now becoming targets for the unhappiness because of the thread being closed,then I think people need reminding why this forum was set up- to support Zac.

I agree 100%

I agree too but here's some food for thought on this. Someone just wrote that they don't know why action wasn't taken before now....well I agree and while only Kathryn can explain her reasoning as to why the thread wasn't locked shut and the key was thrown away, I think what happened was that Kathryn can't be the eyes to everything on here. She is doing the best she can with having her own life and trying to run a good forum Zac would be proud of just like I hope we all are.

I'm not going to say it's not apparent to everyone that the Zanessa thread was a little cruel at times to say the least, but maybe because in the beginning it wasn't being expressed as much OUTSIDE of the thread, those of us who didn't look just didn't see the damage. In fact, until a few of the members pointed it out, I just chose to ignore the thread.

The Zanessa thread was originally intended for those who wanted to talk about them to have a "safe" place to go and express their interest. Now that they have been done and broken up for a good what TWO years....I think in my opinion that the thread has run its course and now it should be left alone. That being said, it's only my opinion and I understand that people care deeply about this thread but when it's no longer safe as someone pointed out, then action should be taken and I think now is a good time for Kathryn to close it before this forum really does fall apart for good.

We can still save it and I think the mod idea is a great one. Whether I am one of them or not, I hope that things are going to get better and maybe a few extra pairs of eyes watching over things respectfully will help everyone feel like this is home again :]

RE: Rants. - mirandagirl - 05-10-2012 04:14 PM

Oh, I didn't know they were able to check those things from different blood banks. I tried giving blood at the Red Cross a few months ago, but they said I couldn't because my Iron was too low (like 1 point below normal) which I didn't understand since I've given blood before.

RE: Rants. - Stephanie - 05-10-2012 08:14 PM

(05-10-2012 04:14 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  Oh, I didn't know they were able to check those things from different blood banks. I tried giving blood at the Red Cross a few months ago, but they said I couldn't because my Iron was too low (like 1 point below normal) which I didn't understand since I've given blood before.

That was what happened to me. Hemoglobin I guess tells how much iron is in ur blood. The policy is that u need a 12.5 at the place I go and I guess I had 12.4. I'm not sure what the deal was but maybe it's like the pH levels where one number higher on the scale is a ten fold of the last one.