ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
The Lorax - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Zac Efron (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Projects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Lorax (/showthread.php?tid=73)

RE: The Lorax - mirandagirl - 03-02-2012 07:42 PM

I just got home from seeing the movie with one of my friends. I liked it, my friend liked it.
The animation and voices were on point in the movie. The theater was packed with little kids. The funny part was after the movie the little kids were walking out saying to their moms, "Mommy, I wanna see it again" It was adorable.

RE: The Lorax - ESG42 - 03-03-2012 07:41 PM

Today I saw for the first time, promoting The Lorax on TV. In Spain, does not release until March 30.

RE: The Lorax - SLE - 03-03-2012 09:36 PM

I thought it was good Im not that into animated movies besides the toy story movies but I really liked it. I went to the first showing so there wasnt many kids because most of them were still in school but one kid behind me asked his mother why was he cutting down all the tress lol I thought it was cute kids and ask cute questions. I went by myself because my mom was working and I had no one else to go with and I wanted to see it this weekend instead of like 2 weeks from now so I went to a the movie by myself for the very first time lol. Also I checked on box office mojo and The Lorax got 17 million just on Friday alone thats pretty good I cant wait to see how much it gets the whole weekend.

RE: The Lorax - toriwesley - 03-04-2012 02:56 AM

I went to the midnight showing.. I liked it but I thought the musical numbers were a bit much but its probably because I'm older. Besides that I think it is a great movie

RE: The Lorax - michelle. - 03-04-2012 09:58 AM

I wish I could find someone willing to go with me. Ugh.

RE: The Lorax - mirandagirl - 03-04-2012 02:07 PM

(03-04-2012 09:58 AM)michelle. Wrote:  I wish I could find someone willing to go with me. Ugh.

I forced one of my friends to go with me, and I only have like 2 close friends. But they ended up loving the movie afterwards.

RE: The Lorax - SLE - 03-04-2012 04:34 PM

I only have one good friend but shes boy crazy and hangs out with her boyfriend 24/7 or talks about him non stop so I kind of gave up on her. I didnt mind going by myself but I do like when I go with my mom because she is my best friend. I just checked box office mojo again and The Lorax got number 1 and it got 70 million just the weekens alone thats amazing and one of Zac's best box office record yet.

RE: The Lorax - mirandagirl - 03-04-2012 04:49 PM

The Lorax made $70.7 million its opening weekend.

Good job Zac and the rest of the Lorax cast

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/weekend-box-office-the-lorax-rules-the-roost-while-the-artist-fails-to-capitalize-on-oscar-night?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RE: The Lorax - mirandagirl - 03-04-2012 08:40 PM

The Lorax has the 47th top grossing weekend of all time
http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/

RE: The Lorax - d. b. wilyumz - 03-05-2012 12:04 AM

(03-04-2012 04:34 PM)SLE Wrote:  ...I just checked box office mojo again and The Lorax got number 1 and it got 70 million just the weekens alone thats amazing and one of Zac's best box office record yet.

It's absolutely the biggest opening weekend for a movie that includes Zac in the cast. The next best was HSM3 at $42 million (the biggest opening ever for a movie musical). But I think he gets much more credit for HSM3 than The Lorax. While he voices the lead character, it's the animation and story that is drawing the audience.

However, it's worth noting that they have featured Zac the most in the promo campaign. While some other cast members have made individual appearances on various shows, it's mostly Zac or Zac plus a second cast member: Zac and Taylor, Zac and Betty, Zac and Danny.