ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
The Lucky One - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Zac Efron (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Projects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Lucky One (/showthread.php?tid=72)

RE: The Lucky One - toriwesley - 04-11-2012 10:03 PM

(04-11-2012 09:01 PM)blueyes Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 07:41 PM)toriwesley Wrote:  have you guys tweeted and seen the clip?
I almost died....
Next friday can't. come. fast. enough.

im new to twitter and i dont know how to do it do if someone cant help me out that be great im going nuts lol

Well you go to Zac Efrons twitter, find the tweet that says something about an exclusive clip.
Click it.. Sign into your account.
make sure to turn the websites music off..
and enjoy the clip. Smile

RE: The Lucky One - blueyes - 04-11-2012 10:24 PM

(04-11-2012 10:03 PM)toriwesley Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 07:41 PM)toriwesley Wrote:  have you guys tweeted and seen the clip?
I almost died....

im new to twitter and i dont know how to do it do if someone cant help me out that be great im going nuts lol

Well you go to Zac Efrons twitter, find the tweet that says something about an exclusive clip.
so you click where it say connect ? on the lucky one site

RE: The Lucky One - angiecakes1990 - 04-12-2012 06:29 AM

I saw The Lucky One trailer
i went and seen Salmon Fishing In The Yemen beautiful film
anyways a greeting from Zac first up then The Lucky One trailer

my mum came with me and when she saw those Wink Wink scenes her jaw literally dropped i was laughing LMFAO
that got me thinking that she wants to go see it LOL too

RE: The Lucky One - mirandagirl - 04-12-2012 06:50 AM

Oh my parents were sold after the first trailer

RE: The Lucky One - toriwesley - 04-12-2012 04:39 PM

(04-11-2012 10:24 PM)blueyes Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 10:03 PM)toriwesley Wrote:  
I almost died....

so you click where it say connect ? on the lucky one site

there is a link on his twitter that takes you to the page, I think you click connect too.

Also.. Did anybody see the interview of Zac taking off the bra.. hahaHeart

RE: The Lucky One - mirandagirl - 04-12-2012 05:27 PM

That was hilarious! Now I have something else in TLO to look forward to

RE: The Lucky One - blueyes - 04-12-2012 05:44 PM

love how he said about her bra lol

RE: The Lucky One - toriwesley - 04-12-2012 11:31 PM

7 days.. 7 days..

RE: The Lucky One - mirandagirl - 04-13-2012 01:47 PM

Here's 2 critic reviews:

Quote:The Lucky One is one of the better Nicholas Sparks adaptations, with Zac Efron providing a quietly effective performance and a picturesque southern backdrop adding to its romantic fantasy.

Any filmmaker who takes on a “based on a story by Nicholas Sparks” project knows that comparisons to The Notebook will be swift and decisive. Yet The Lucky One will survive any comparisons.

As directed by Scott Hicks (the Australian filmmaker Oscar nominated for Shine), The Lucky One features all of the usual Sparks hallmarks yet is played out at a steady pace where its tender love story flourishes to make for engaging, albeit sappy viewing.

Zac Efron is suitably cast as Logan, a marine home after three tours of Iraq, the survival of which he credits to a photograph of a mysterious blonde found in the middle of a warzone. Logan tracks down the mysterious blonde Beth (Taylor Schilling), a single mother in the process of a divorce and is still grieving the loss of her brother, also a marine.

Of course the two fall in love. Emotionally conflicted love stories is Sparks’ bread and butter and The Lucky One complies, along with other Sparks archetypes. Rival love interest? Check, with Jay R. Ferguson doing a great job in getting under the skin as the slime bag ex-husband. Grand Americana backdrop? Check, with the autumn North Carolina setting beautifully captured by cinematographer Alar Kivilo. Themes of death, fate, and destiny? Check, check, check and so on...

Yet the biggest Sparks cliché is found in his interpretation of a leading man. They must be manly yet sensitive, harbour a dark secret, scarred by a tour of duty, able to rebuild a rundown home and hold a special talent, like say…play the piano.

It is romance fiction nonsense that women love, and Zac Efron plays it well. But he also does a great job infusing some humanity into the fantasy. Efron is quickly becoming the romantic leading man of his generation, and his performance in The Lucky One is an example of why.

That Efron also shares an easy chemistry with Schilling helps sell this love story. Plenty of deep, passionate smooches feature throughout, but they would mean nothing if Hicks didn’t let the love story blossom and characters evolve, silly attributes and all.

It’s hard to say what The Lucky One would have been like under a different director, yet under Hick’s it’s the best possible film a Nicholas Sparks novel could be.

http://www.mattsmoviereviews.net/lucky-one.html

Quote:Zac Efron has matured as an actor from his younger years when he starred in The High School Musical movies. He seems to select the movies he appears in quite carefully. Instead of signing on super expensive blockbusters where the actors play second fiddle to the 3D and special effects, he selects scripts which are simple and showcase his true acting abilities. Romance movies seem to be what he has been concentrating on in recent years and he has much screen presence as the romantic lead.

Zac plays the role of a marine officer who while on duty in Iraq, stops walking and picks up a photo of a lady from the ground. A bomb explodes shortly afterwards, and when he realizes that picking up the photo indirectly saved his life he vows to meet the lady in the photo to thank her. He eventually meets and falls in love with her and just when happiness enters both their lives the jealous ex husband comes into the picture to try and destroy their love.

Five hundred screaming fans gave this movie the thumbs up at the recent world premiere In Sydney and the atmosphere was totally overwhelming. It was like a true Hollywood premiere and being there was such a privilege. Zac Efron seems like a nice guy who doubtlessly has a promising career ahead of him. The Lucky One is wonderful and should prove to be a hit if the reaction at the premiere is anything to go by. I highly recommend this film for anybody who is , or has ever been in love. It has humour, romance and action and the last 15 minutes will have you at the edge of your seat... JAKE 9/10

http://www.previewfilms.com.au/movie-the-lucky-one-2012-1363.htm

RE: The Lucky One - d. b. wilyumz - 04-14-2012 02:58 PM

Nice reviews, especially the first one.

"Instead of signing on super expensive blockbusters where the actors play second fiddle to the 3D and special effects, he selects scripts which are simple and showcase his true acting abilities."

I'm not sure that Zac has ever had the choice. When did he turn down a super special-effects blockbuster? I think it would help to broaden his audience if he was in one.