ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
The Lucky One - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Zac Efron (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Projects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Lucky One (/showthread.php?tid=72)

RE: The Lucky One - mirandagirl - 01-07-2012 03:47 PM

(01-07-2012 03:34 PM)d. b. wilyumz Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 11:46 AM)mirandagirl Wrote:  Of course when Zac did HSM he didn't intend on becoming an actor. If I'm not mistaken it was just to earn money for college. So I think the reasons behind both Zac and Christian being in a Disney musical directed by Kenny Ortega has a lot to do with it.

When he did HSM he didn't intend to become an actor? Debatable. I don't recall any clear statement at the time of HSM to the effect that he didn't intend to continue as an actor. He was certainly earning money that could be applied to his college costs (his parents must have been ecstatic). But he planned to go to film school, so clearly he meant to stay in the business. Since he had been a working actor for five years, and he was too young to move into directing or other technical work, I think he would have continued in acting.

I've always wondered if Zac had went to film school, then what he would be doing now. Like would he be acting or working on the producing side of film making?

RE: The Lucky One - d. b. wilyumz - 01-08-2012 11:52 AM

(01-07-2012 03:47 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  I've always wondered if Zac had went to film school, then what he would be doing now. Like would he be acting or working on the producing side of film making?

As I implied in the previous response, he would still be acting. All his leverage in the business comes from his movie star status -- he didn't get a production deal at Warner because of his potential as a producer, they signed him because they think he will develop as a movie star a la Clint Eastwood, who progressed from acting into directing and producing. Coming out of film school, Zac would have been too young and inexperienced to take up directing or producing; he would have had to continue as an actor until he matured and gained a lot more experience in the business.

RE: The Lucky One - angiecakes1990 - 01-09-2012 03:10 AM

TLO comes out here on 19th of April Big Grin

RE: The Lucky One - Firefly - 01-11-2012 08:26 PM

wait, i thought it came out april 20?

RE: The Lucky One - d. b. wilyumz - 01-12-2012 10:47 AM

(01-11-2012 08:26 PM)Firefly Wrote:  wait, i thought it came out april 20?

Release outside the U.S. can occur a day or two earlier/later, or even a week or two.

RE: The Lucky One - Fruitfly - 01-12-2012 11:01 AM

I'm throwing this out there: what are the chances of Zac going to college ala James Franco or Natalie Portman or other award winning actors / actresses? Clearly the dude is smart as well as hot. Would a degree increase his opportunities in HW?

And yes, I'm with his parents in that I'd like to see him educated beyond high school, lol. (-;

RE: The Lucky One - mirandagirl - 01-12-2012 11:13 AM

(01-12-2012 11:01 AM)Fruitfly Wrote:  I'm throwing this out there: what are the chances of Zac going to college ala James Franco or Natalie Portman or other award winning actors / actresses? Clearly the dude is smart as well as hot. Would a degree increase his opportunities in HW?

And yes, I'm with his parents in that I'd like to see him educated beyond high school, lol. (-;

Zac was planning on going to college (He was accepted and literally going to go to college), but then he got offered Hairspray and so he had to choose between college and acting, presumably.

I think if Zac ever did want to go to college now that he's an actor, it would probably be like online college classes and not your typical college environment. But like someone else has mentioned, I don't see how going to college would give him more opportunities in HW.

RE: The Lucky One - Fruitfly - 01-12-2012 11:49 AM

(01-12-2012 11:13 AM)mirandagirl Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 11:01 AM)Fruitfly Wrote:  I'm throwing this out there: what are the chances of Zac going to college ala James Franco or Natalie Portman or other award winning actors / actresses? Clearly the dude is smart as well as hot. Would a degree increase his opportunities in HW?

Zac was planning on going to college (He was accepted and literally going to go to college), but then he got offered Hairspray and so he had to choose between college and acting, presumably.

I think if Zac ever did want to go to college now that's an actor, it would probably be like online college classes and not your typical college environment. But like someone else has mentioned, I don't see how going to college would give him more opportunities in HW.

You're probably right, Miranda. I'm a little utilitarian in that I believe if God gave you something, you should use it. Zac has a fine mind (as well as a fine body Tongue) ; it's clear from his grades and from his heritage. I worked with electrical engineers at IBM and DRS Technologies, translating their work into internal and external marketing articles for publication, and there's no such thing as a stupid engineer (though some are better than others). If Zac's father is an engineer than you better believe Zac is playing in the mid to upper triple digits IQ wise.

That mind has to turn (rotate) on something or else it will turn on itself. I don't see why Zac shouldn't pursue education, but then, it's his choice. If he chooses not to pursue his education, so be it. Boy, do I sound like a parent right now. Okay, I'll quit. (-;

RE: The Lucky One - mirandagirl - 01-12-2012 12:03 PM

I see where you're coming from on acknowledging how smart Zac is and how he should do something with it. But I'd like to think that he does use how smart he is on a semi-regular basis to help his get future roles, network with superior actors than him, etc. So I could see how you would think someone as bright as Zac should go to college, but I think as long as he maintains that when talking to directors, producers, fellow actors then I don't see a need to go to college right now. And this is going to sound really cliche and elementary, but most people who do go to college, do so in order to get a high paying job. Zac already has that, as well as, already being smart.
This is like way off topic with the point of this thread.

RE: The Lucky One - d. b. wilyumz - 01-13-2012 11:35 AM

(01-12-2012 12:03 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  ...but most people who do go to college, do so in order to get a high paying job. Zac already has that, as well as, already being smart.
This is like way off topic with the point of this thread.

I'm the one who responded to this topic before. Zac would be wasting his time with college. He doesn't need the certification of a bachelor's degree to get a job, and he is learning more on the set than he could in a classroom at a film school. He needs to pursue his intellectual interests (read books) and he should seriously consider personalized training in acting, singing, and dance to advance his professional skills.