ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
The Lucky One - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Zac Efron (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Projects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Lucky One (/showthread.php?tid=72)

RE: The Lucky One - BEE. - 10-13-2011 01:44 AM

It's so boring, and I didn't like the writing style. Nothing exciting happens until the VERY end. I'm not saying what that part was as I don't want to spoil. I honestly don't see what the big deal about Nicholas Sparks' books is.

There are parts that make you go... O.o D: /: S: [: [': :'D which I like, lol. But apart from that, I really didn't like it.
I am glad I read it though. I like reading too much, lol.

So I'm not looking forward to the film, BUT I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping it's SOOOOOO much better than the book.

RE: The Lucky One - angiecakes1990 - 10-13-2011 02:17 AM

I kinda like the book but yea i wanna see the movie

RE: The Lucky One - Fearless - 10-13-2011 04:09 AM

well, tbh, i love nicholas sparks. you know, he's good in writing romantic novels. i've read one of his novels "a bend in the road" and it was good. i enjoyed it. so as "the last song" lol i haven't read this book but im going to try to borrow this on the school library (FYI: my teacher also read the book lol)

actually, it'll be more better if zac and nicholas sparks having an interview together lol they did that with miley cyrus back then

RE: The Lucky One - mirandagirl - 10-13-2011 12:52 PM

Nicholas Sparks said in his live chat today that we should see a trailer for TLO within a few weeks.

RE: The Lucky One - elle1234 - 10-13-2011 01:49 PM

The Lucky One Is a very good book-Give it a read you wont be disappointed.

RE: The Lucky One - BEE. - 10-13-2011 01:58 PM

So I'm the only person on here who really didn't like it? O.o lol

RE: The Lucky One - d. b. wilyumz - 10-13-2011 02:39 PM

There's quite a few comments above about the book and whether the movie will be better. (Probably not; how often is a movie adapted from a novel better than the novel?)

I think it's a mistake to read a book before seeing a movie based on the book (and vice versa, for the reason I will explain). Writing novels and making movies are entirely different art forms and require different narrative techniques. The only thing a movie maker can really take from a book is the story. But telling that story in cinematic terms requires some basic changes in the script (we can't hear characters talking in their heads in the movie), the selection of scenes, even the choice of characters to keep in the movie or eliminate. As a result, if you loved the book, you'll probably be disappointed in the movie ("It's not the same!").

It may actually be better to see a movie, then read the book from which it was adapted. The movie only gives you the basic story. The book will then give you a lot more details, internal dialog, and scenes that weren't even in the movie. A movie is a condensed version of a novel; a novel expands on the movie.

RE: The Lucky One - KateZE - 10-13-2011 04:20 PM

I love reading the books, over and over so I can imagine Zac doing every scene.I can just see him in the playful scenes with Ben and being romantic with Elizabeth. Like making my own dream movie?? I don't care if the movie's different. I read some TLO every night before I go to sleep. He seems so real to me..makes me happy to forget everything else and just dream of him. Maybe that sounds stupid, but I like all the details I can get to help picture him in my head. Even if you don't like the book..Zac will be amazing showing his emotions. They'll see how talented he is, even if they don't like the movie.

RE: The Lucky One - mirandagirl - 10-13-2011 04:59 PM

(10-13-2011 04:20 PM)KateZE Wrote:  I love reading the books, over and over so I can imagine Zac doing every scene.I can just see him in the playful scenes with Ben and being romantic with Elizabeth. Like making my own dream movie?? I don't care if the movie's different. I read some TLO every night before I go to sleep. He seems so real to me..makes me happy to forget everything else and just dream of him. Maybe that sounds stupid, but I like all the details I can get to help picture him in my head. Even if you don't like the book..Zac will be amazing showing his emotions. They'll see how talented he is, even if they don't like the movie.
I second this

RE: The Lucky One - Fearless - 10-14-2011 01:56 AM

(10-13-2011 12:52 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  Nicholas Sparks said in his live chat today that we should see a trailer for TLO within a few weeks.

omg! r u serious?????im so excited!
zac will be good in this. trust me. i know zac can act. he really can. people are going to be surprised he's acting skills in this movie lol it's not gonna be like csc.