ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum
Charlie St. Cloud - Printable Version

+- ZAC EFRON | ZEFRON.COM - The Zac Efron Fan Forum (http://www.zefron.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Zac Efron (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Projects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Charlie St. Cloud (/showthread.php?tid=70)

RE: Charlie St. Cloud - Fearless - 11-11-2011 03:54 AM

they should have also included the scene where charlie hugs his mom

RE: Charlie St. Cloud - Fearless - 11-11-2011 06:49 AM

yeah, the should have. they keep on focusing on sam and tess but a mother-son relationship should have shown more

RE: Charlie St. Cloud - d. b. wilyumz - 11-11-2011 04:15 PM

(11-11-2011 06:40 AM)lashay12 Wrote:  i agree that was a good scene it was a special and loving moment between mother and son. i think it should've been in the movie stressing the bond between charlie and his mother.

Not doing more with the mother was a major blunder by the producer and director. There should have been one additional scene, with mom telling Charlie that she's moving on and urging Charlie to come with her or get on with his life. A big argument would have demonstrated how Charlie is trapped by his promise to Sam and can't escape.

RE: Charlie St. Cloud - mirandagirl - 11-11-2011 05:06 PM

I agree with your statement, but the movie is only 1 hour and 30 minutes long. Unless they wanted a 2-3 hour movie in order to stick to the book, then I think they did a good job under their time constraints.

RE: Charlie St. Cloud - Fearless - 11-11-2011 08:51 PM

@db agreed Smile

RE: Charlie St. Cloud - d. b. wilyumz - 11-12-2011 12:27 PM

(11-11-2011 05:06 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  I agree with your statement, but the movie is only 1 and 30 minutes long. Unless they wanted a 2-3 hour movie in order to stick to the book, then I think they did a good job under their time constraints.

I understand the time constraints. But if they didn't want to add 2 minutes to the film, they could have made room for a useful additional scene by taking out one or more unneeded scenes - for example, the long bar scene in which Charlie punches the black guy does not advance the story and actually confuses us about Zac's character.

RE: Charlie St. Cloud - mirandagirl - 11-12-2011 04:41 PM

I understand how that scene didn't help develop the story, but some scenes just add extra entertainment to a movie. That was actually one of my favorite scenes.

RE: Charlie St. Cloud - Fearless - 11-12-2011 08:12 PM

some scenes aren't necessary tbh. like the scene charlie punched the guy on the bar. it made a lot of people confused tbh

RE: Charlie St. Cloud - Firefly - 11-13-2011 01:34 AM

lol i almost thought that scene was kinda funny though
we'd never seen zac hit someone before too! lol

RE: Charlie St. Cloud - Fearless - 11-13-2011 01:35 AM

well that was the first time lol he missed a punch on 17 again